Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am not sure if there's any guarantee we will play 4-3-3 in the long run. Lampard already has a penchant of constantly changing formation. 

He could have easily played 4-3-3 yesterday for example - had the players for it despite some absentees - but chose not to and went with 4-2-3-1 instead.

I think the 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4 rather might have had to do with having jorgi and alonso on the pitch at the same time. If we played 4-3-3 with Kante pushing up ahead and jorgi having to deal with troussard's pace while alonso against lamptey, we would have been burned. It would have been a case of "did not we learn anything from last season". RLC himself is not that good a defender (as a CM). I think 4-3-3 will be our primary formation, and RLC will come good (and this is based on nothing but faith - bordering on blind faith as he just has not shown anything to support that argument).

14 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I think the 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4 rather might have had to do with having jorgi and alonso on the pitch at the same time. If we played 4-3-3 with Kante pushing up ahead and jorgi having to deal with troussard's pace while alonso against lamptey, we would have been burned. It would have been a case of "did not we learn anything from last season". RLC himself is not that good a defender (as a CM). I think 4-3-3 will be our primary formation, and RLC will come good (and this is based on nothing but faith - bordering on blind faith as he just has not shown anything to support that argument).

If everyone is fit and available, will Loftus-Cheek even be in the starting XI, even if we play 4-3-3? This is not on you but rather making a general point - I know he came back from a serious injury last season but that was some months ago already. At what point do we say "he has to perform now or he can't be in the XI"? I don't think he has done anything whatsoever since he returned to suggest "yeah, he needs to be in the starting XI". Last night's formation may not have helped his cause, for example, but he was totally useless off the ball, barely tracked back, and did zilch when he had the ball. Even Havertz, who is hardly known for his workrate, showed more desire and actually did more to track back. Also starting to wonder that managers must have had (have in Lampard's case) a good reason to constantly shift Loftus-Cheek around and/or not play him in midfield in the past. 

I was hoping he had sharpened his ice skates but the lad looks totally broken. I was watching him and he was looking round as if to way WTF is going on? Looked like hed been hitting the balloons! Why did he come back out in 2nd half? Just so FL didn't upset him? Maybe he needs upsetting? Or at least getting some home truthes. Like you need to pull yer bloody sox up lad!.

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Loan him out, he aint getting better like this. Was supremely frustrating last night.....imo he is done at top level, he aint 19 anymore, now is the chance to prove yourself.

No point in loan imo. One of RLC or Barkley was always extra now with Kai. If we get good offer for one of them just sell. We can probably get 35m.

Would sell him and keep Barkley (never thought Id say that). That's how bad he was the other night. I know its one game but even last season and looking at this squad, he just doesnt fit. Is he a 10? No. He played in a 3 with Sarri and looked good but had Kante and Jorginho doing the other side for him. 

I'd keep him at least until January just to see where his level really is. Hard to judge it based on Brighton game which was essentially our second pre-season game, nearly everyone was rusty.

That being said, he looked absolutely hopeless (even his touch was gone) so he better roll up his sleeves or else his Chelsea career is as good as over

40 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I'd keep him at least until January just to see where his level really is. Hard to judge it based on Brighton game which was essentially our second pre-season game, nearly everyone was rusty.

That being said, he looked absolutely hopeless (even his touch was gone) so he better roll up his sleeves or else his Chelsea career is as good as over

But when do we play him and where? If FL doesnt trust CHO to give him many minutes - who hasnt been total shite last couple times hes played - why would he give RLC time who HAS played shite? Put him in small cup games? 10 mins here n there IF/WHEN we are comfortably winning? Hard one.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

But when do we play him and where? If FL doesnt trust CHO to give him many minutes - who hasnt been total shite last couple times hes played - why would he give RLC time who HAS played shite? Put him in small cup games? 10 mins here n there IF/WHEN we are comfortably winning? Hard one.

Have you had a look at the schedule? It's pretty insane and having a big squad is absolutely necessary this season. I'm expecting a lot of injuries and rotation so RLC will get his chances

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

Have you had a look at the schedule? It's pretty insane and having a big squad is absolutely necessary this season. I'm expecting a lot of injuries and rotation so RLC will get his chances

Lets all hope he is a lot better then.

On 9/15/2020 at 0:30 PM, Puliiszola said:

With Puli and Ziyech back, we will definitely revert to a 4-3-3. And formation and system will get the best out of him. I still have faith that RLC will come good.

Definitely wont judge him off a game where he was played as a 2nd striker whose main purpose was to win aerial balls and knock them down for werner. 

I don't think it has anything to do with system with ruben, he need to go somewhere and to play consistently and hopefully he can go back tk be ruben 

Was just thinking a bit and it seems like managers struggle to make the most out of Loftus-Cheek or have problems fitting him in.

Conte saw and used him as a striker. Sarri used him as a midfielder in a midfield three. Lampard talked about him being an option as No.10. And IIRC, Hodgson used him as a wide player when he was on loan at Crystal Palace. 

Was just thinking a bit and it seems like managers struggle to make the most out of Loftus-Cheek or have problems fitting him in.
Conte saw and used him as a striker. Sarri used him as a midfielder in a midfield three. Lampard talked about him being an option as No.10. And IIRC, Hodgson used him as a wide player when he was on loan at Crystal Palace. 

Most coaches just do not play classical 4-3-3. Only coach I know that loves this formation is Sarri and he only knows 4-3-3.

I have watched an analysis of yesterday's match and according to the analysis, Ruben played more of a target man, which is funny because if Lampard wanted a target man next to Werner like Nagelsmann does, Lampard just could have brought Giroud or Tammy instead.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Yet people were adamant he would be an effective player for us and after Sarri didnt start him for 6 months the pitchforks were out despite many including myself saying something like this also regarding the position. Its no surprise he didnt pick him straight away, it probably took him the 6 months to get to grips with what Sarri wanted from his midfield on and off the ball and Ruben was probably very lucky he played 433 because he wouldnt have got a look in anywhere else IMO. If he played 4231 as a 10 hed of struggled based on what weve seen under Lamps. Although I felt he would have suited this role but he just looks like Ozil does for Arsenal most weeks IMO just swans about doing nothing majority of the time and without the ball he doesn’t make any effort. Okay obviously he does try but he looks very nonchalant. Even As a winger in a team such as ours his workrate will be exposed even more and even then why shoehorn him in or change the system to accommodate him? We have much better players. He has a big big season ahead of him to prove his worth. I think he will be alongside Ross 2 of the guys in the squad who will be very vulnerable.

A little worried about Ruben. I am fearing as the time goes by that he may end up becoming one of those who just didnt quite get there. Is he more a big fish in a small pond guy (a mid to lower table team)?, or can he make that jump to the top level and produce consistently. Im not sure, the jury is still out. Getting worried about his development at this point.