Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think he'd be wasted in the 2 deeper positions though. I really do. Think we've either got to go 433 and use him with Jorgi and Kante or play him as a 10. He got a good amount of goals last season by getting in and around the box. Yes he can still do that in the 2 but hes more attack minded, I really hope he plays more advanced.

The thing is i think he's wasted further up, his bursting runs from midfield is his key attribute and playing number 10 or worse up front will give him next to no space.

It's a problem because in terms of how Lampard wants to set up Mount is already a key player but RLC has earned his place with his performances last season from March, i really hope this doesn't turn into a Lampard/Gerrard esque situation of shoehorning both in to the detriment of both's full effectiveness.

• 1 month later...

We really need him back for the Champ League, we lack strong ball carriers in midfield to relive pressure in tight games like today. A perfect example of his worth to us is the semi final away to Frankfurt last season. His physicality and Technic gave them huge problems. I hope his fully fit by November so that we have him up and running in December. 

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ruben-loftus-cheek-offers-injury-20540826.amp

Really feel for Ruben - having to learn to walk again is mental.

Really hope he can get back to his pre-injury form 👍

still raging about that fucking MLS MAY game

cunts for scheduling that then and on that shitty yank thugball pitch:rant:

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

still raging about that fucking MLS MAY game

cunts for scheduling that then and on that shitty yank thugball pitch:rant:

Tbh I don't actually think playing the game in itself was a bad thing, there was a two and a half week break between the last PL game and Europa final and that long without a game then going into such a massive one would have caused a hell of a lot of rust (something Conte alluded to in his time here when he explained why he played a lot of the first team in an FA Cup game). I think that match may have actually helped us in the second half in Baku as we looked sharper than Arsenal all over the shop.

However playing it on that pitch all the way in the USA with the one player who should have been left home wrapped up in cotton wool was inexcusable. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/10/2019 at 8:58 AM, Tomo said:

Tbh I don't actually think playing the game in itself was a bad thing, there was a two and a half week break between the last PL game and Europa final and that long without a game then going into such a massive one would have caused a hell of a lot of rust (something Conte alluded to in his time here when he explained why he played a lot of the first team in an FA Cup game). I think that match may have actually helped us in the second half in Baku as we looked sharper than Arsenal all over the shop.

However playing it on that pitch all the way in the USA with the one player who should have been left home wrapped up in cotton wool was inexcusable. 

Agreed, the state of the pitch was a big issue.

By the way, did Antonio allude to it, or did just say it?

14 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Agreed, the state of the pitch was a big issue.

By the way, did Antonio allude to it, or did just say it?

When we played Wolves in the FA Cup he said (something like) leaving players for two weeks without a game is dangerous (we had no midweek match before or after that tie) which is why a lot of the first team were playing.

I do agree with him to be honest and I feel that was why the CL final last season had the pace of a pre season match.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

When we played Wolves in the FA Cup he said (something like) leaving players for two weeks without a game is dangerous (we had no midweek match before or after that tie) which is why a lot of the first team were playing.

I do agree with him to be honest and I feel that was why the CL final last season had the pace of a pre season match.

OK, thank you. It's as I thought. He outright said it, not alluded to it.

12 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I know you are a big Mount fan and you have his pic as your profile and all...but Cheek is just in another level. If Cheek return to the level he was before getting injured then there is no way Mount will play over Cheek on pure merit, because Cheek is better in every aspect of the game. Cheek can boss the midfield, he has great finish, great header, great decision making. There is no comparison between those two players and Cheek fits even more the style Lampard wants.

I am a fan but that doesn't mean I can't be objective, for example i would admit I overestimated him from a technical point of view as he's good but not as much as thought in that regard.

Had Sarri remained I would agree that Ruben would be the first choice in that position but now we're playing a system that requires an insane of energy and off the ball/tactical nous which while Ruben has heavily improved on that beyond anything I can imagine, Mount is unbelievable for his age in that regard, Derby fell off a cliff when he was injured last season because they simply missed his energy in midfield and couldn't compete with anyone half decent.

I think Mount is the type of player due to his intelligence, movement, work rate, and finishing will find a lot of ways to get playing time. But no doubt i rate a fully fit RLC over Mount, his combination of physical and technical ability is off the chart.

We’ll see how Ruben fairs. Still think many are over hyping him. 
Mount has been absolutely vital for us in this system. 
I dont think that Mount offered us that much in recent weeks. He was pretty bad yesterday and apart from last weeks PL match, he has lost a lot of form. He can still recover from that though

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

5 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I dont think that Mount offered us that much in recent weeks. He was pretty bad yesterday and apart from last weeks PL match, he has lost a lot of form. He can still recover from that though

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I beg to differ. His overall play helps become the team more direct, thus creating more chances. He's probably looked a little off pace due to fatigue.