Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

18 hours ago, Special Juan said:

This lad, if he can stay fit and produce the form he's been in can not only be incredible for us but for me he's captain material.

I was thinking this too myself. If he can stay fit he has a huge chance of locking down that midfield spot for years to come and a dominating and driving presence in that midfield that he has the potential to be, has future captain written all over it for me.

Being those couple of years older and more mature too, I also think he'll be someone the academy players coming through like CHO, James, Mount, etc can look up to in the same way that John Terry was. 

5 hours ago, the wes said:

If RLC can stay fit I honestly believe he can be better than pogba 

Thibk Pogba has got everything though, can control/dictate the tempo of a game, play short passes, long passes, carry the ball, tackle, scores and assists goal. Just a shame his attitude is pish cus he would be a phenomenal player for a neutral to watch. Dont think Ruben could dictate the tempo of a match. Playing very well so far though.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Thibk Pogba has got everything though, can control/dictate the tempo of a game, play short passes, long passes, carry the ball, tackle, scores and assists goal. Just a shame his attitude is pish cus he would be a phenomenal player for a neutral to watch. Dont think Ruben could dictate the tempo of a match. Playing very well so far though.

Pogba is really hit and miss tho, despite being already 26 he is quite immature. dictatign the tempo is such an overrated ability. even toni kroos cant dictate any tempo when the midfield is overrun or he has to play vs a low block. dictating the tempo is only useful in very few match situations and even then it is easy to learn for any midfielder. long passes is the only thing i would say, pogba has on RLC so far. And if RLC gets his injury stuff right he can become the superior player given he is more than 3 years younger.

I'm all for charitable causes and the club should be generally applauded for such as opposed to constant money spinning ideas. 

But there's a time and place for everything and I just don't understand why this couldn't have been incorporated into pre season. I think the usual warm weather training, team bonding on tour experience can be good in pre season and everybody is fresh for the travelling.

At the end of a long, hard slog of a season to travel to the other side of the world and play on second rate pitches when everyone will be physically and mentally tired and have one eye on the final, something like this was always bound to happen.

Unfortunately for us in recent games, RLC has probably been our most important player and I would have backed him capable of dominating and overwhelming Arsenal in the middle.

Now we're sweating on the fitness of our 2 best midfielders.

53 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm all for charitable causes and the club should be generally applauded for such as opposed to constant money spinning ideas. 

But there's a time and place for everything and I just don't understand why this couldn't have been incorporated into pre season. I think the usual warm weather training, team bonding on tour experience can be good in pre season and everybody is fresh for the travelling.

At the end of a long, hard slog of a season to travel to the other side of the world and play on second rate pitches when everyone will be physically and mentally tired and have one eye on the final, something like this was always bound to happen.

Unfortunately for us in recent games, RLC has probably been our most important player and I would have backed him capable of dominating and overwhelming Arsenal in the middle.

Now we're sweating on the fitness of our 2 best midfielders.

this is a joke in all honesty, and people on the board need to be fired for arranging a friendly with the season still not over.