Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

RLC reminds me of Yaya Toure. I remember that testimonial match when RLC played against Yaya Toure. RLC completely destroyed Yaya, even though RLC was 17 years old and Yaya became that frustrated with RLC that he fouled him really hard haha.

He is our best midfielder we have.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Ermmmm, Kante?

Kante is playing out of position, but yes, Kante is better when he plays as a no. 6. But RLC is in my opinion way better as a no. 8, even though Kante grew on me as a no. 8. If we had a prime Cesc or KDB in our midfield, we would have one of the best midfields in europe.

5 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

Interesting reading some of the comments in the past. Just shows how quick we are to judge a youngster. I can see the same trend with CHO too. 

Can't speak for anyone else but I stand by the comments back then.

He was barely impacting games atall and had little to no tactical nous. His improvement this season has been excellent but previously he looked every bit like one of those "still a prospect at 30" players. 

4 minutes ago, Nicco said:

I'm sorry but if the problem is chronic there is no way he should be our long term player.

Lumbar Lodorsis after doing a bit of research. 

Will be almost impossible for him to stay fit throughout a season. 

On 3.5.2019 at 11:37 AM, Tomo said:

Can't speak for anyone else but I stand by the comments back then.

He was barely impacting games atall and had little to no tactical nous. His improvement this season has been excellent but previously he looked every bit like one of those "still a prospect at 30" players. 

The problem is that people judge youth players without ever watching any youth games. I always knew that RLC is going to be an extremly good player, but only as a no. 8. He destroyed players like prime Yaya and Kompany when he played them as a 17 year old kid in a friendly match. Yaya could not handle RLC because RLC was to physical and too fast for him.

The problem at Chelsea was that Mou thought that RLC was a no. 6 because of his height and his physique, which is very dumb to think, but that is Mourinho logic. When Conte came, Conte wanted him to play, but he did not have any place for him in a 3-4-3 because there is no real no. 8 in that position, s Conte decided to use him as a striker. When he went on loan playing for Palace, Hodgons played 4-4-2 an he played as a winger, which is also not something he is used to play. So Conte, Mou and Hodgons were not able to give him his best position. RLC will never be an amazing no. 6 or an amazing no. 10. He is an amazing no. 8 because he is fast, can dribble, can tackle, he can shoot and can play good passes. People judged him on performances where he never could show his true value. If they actually watched him play in the youth games, they should have known that he is a no. 8.

That is the main issue that people judge youth players without ever watching them play in the youth teams. I see that now with CHO. CHO is not a right winger and he will never be a top class right winger, because he played most of the times as a second striker, main striker or as a left winger. He rarely played as a right winger in the youth team and only in the end of his youth team career. CHO can play as a  right winger because he is gifted with amazing talent. He is fast, can cross the ball ( he is the only good crosser in aour entire team), can dribble etc., but when he plays as a left winger or as a second striker, he is a completely different player.

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

The problem is that people judge youth players without ever watching any youth games. I always knew that RLC is going to be an extremly good player, but only as a no. 8. He destroyed players like prime Yaya and Kompany when he played them as a 17 year old kid in a friendly match. Yaya could not handle RLC because RLC was to physical and too fast for him.

The problem at Chelsea was that Mou thought that RLC was a no. 6 because of his height and his physique, which is very dumb to think, but that is Mourinho logic. When Conte came, Conte wanted him to play, but he did not have any place for him in a 3-4-3 because there is no real no. 8 in that position, s Conte decided to use him as a striker. When he went on loan playing for Palace, Hodgons played 4-4-2 an he played as a winger, which is also not something he is used to play. So Conte, Mou and Hodgons were not able to give him his best position. RLC will never be an amazing no. 6 or an amazing no. 10. He is an amazing no. 8 because he is fast, can dribble, can tackle, he can shoot and can play good passes. People judged him on performances where he never could show his true value. If they actually watched him play in the youth games, they should have known that he is a no. 8.

That is the main issue that people judge youth players without ever watching them play in the youth teams. I see that now with CHO. CHO is not a right winger and he will never be a top class right winger, because he played most of the times as a second striker, main striker or as a left winger. He rarely played as a right winger in the youth team and only in the end of his youth team career. CHO can play as a  right winger because he is gifted with amazing talent. He is fast, can cross the ball ( he is the only good crosser in aour entire team), can dribble etc., but when he plays as a left winger or as a second striker, he is a completely different player.

I saw him at youth level and wasn't sure he would make it, his moments of brilliance where to few and far between and worse, when they came he almost got too satisfied as to say "that's my work done for the next half an hour". I also felt our midfield was a better unit without him playing even though he was the most naturally gifted player there.

17 hours ago, Jason said:

Title is a big statement. Hes still got to add more consistency and show he can score 10 and assist 10 goals each sesson from MF at least to be a vital cog in the team so to speak. That was my concern this season for all the dribbling and strength he shows, could he add goals, assists and key passes. He has shown the last few months he is capable. Hopefully next season he kicks on, I think Sarri really has helped him become a very complete player, he can do a bit of everything although I think he can still be ruthless in the final third times he dribbles it or passes it when I think a Lampard or Gerrard would just shoot.