West Bromwich Albion - Opposition Views #1

Steve

MrHorsfield from Westbromwichalbion-mad.co.uk has kindly answered some questions on today's Premier League encounter!

- How long have you supported West Brom for? Since late 1999 so about 12 years, first match was 2-0 home win against Tranmere and one of Gary Megson's first games in charge. We had to win otherwise league one football was a big possibility. I kind of started supporting them when the club was at its very lowest on and off the pitch. Thankfully those days are long gone but i do appreciate how successful the club has been over the years through my dad.

- We are just past the half waypoint of the season and you are sitting on 32 points, are you happy with your current position? Not elated but definately not dissapointed either. We should be on an extra 5 or 6 points but thats the premier league for you. We no longer have any fears of relegation (well i certainly dont!!!). I would predict we will finish around where we are currently in the table, maybe higher.

- Who has been your stand out player this season, and who should we look out for? Unlike last season there hasn’t been that many stand out players, all the players have just been solid but nothing spectacular. But that is partly due to injuries. Mulumbu was a star player last season but hasn’t quite hit those heights this season as of yet, same with Odemwingie, although he is currently on form. But one of the most important factors is that all our summer signings have pretty much come off. Long has been a fantastic addition despite an injury hit campaign. And McAuley has been assured despite being ridiculed from the orange lot down the road who bigged up Roger Johnson. Who has turned out to be a nightmare for them.

- If you could pick one Chelsea player to join WBA who would it be and why? There are obviously many Chelsea players i would pick from, Lampard would be my first pick. But i am sure you would agree that you have many prima Donnas at Chelsea. Drogba, Cole, terry but to name a few. But despite that i dont mind Chelsea, much prefer you to the Manchester clubs and arsenal.

- Do you think West Bromwich can take advantage of Chelsea's up and down season, what do you think the final score will be? I believe this is the best chance we have of beating Chelsea in my lifetime for sure. But i think AVB will be out to prove a point so i am plumping for a very tight 2-1 to Chelsea. Maybe a late winner which i have seen many of at the hawthorns by the opposing team might i add.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days