Andreas Christensen

Wilson

55 minutes ago, SUNZ said:

Surprised to see nobody has posted in this thread after the game. Christensen is awful and very nearly cost us that game yesterday. Both he and Rudiger have to let go this summer and we need two new CBs.

I really feel sorry for Zouma to have been playing with these two clowns all season and being made the scapegoat for a lot of their problems.

Yet its Zouma name that always pop up whenever people mention the CB to make way for any potential CB target...

Christesen should be the first CB out...

As well as Zouma has done since he came back into the XI, don't understand why people are falling for the same trap again of over-praising our CBs again when they are all flawed (leaving Tomori out of this since he has been playing much and is out injured). The fact of the matter is Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen are all error prone defenders. Go through our games this season and they have looked good at some point and total disaster at another. For example, only the other day Christensen looked so good against Man City and he then dropped a clanger against West Ham one week later. They are all unreliable and it's almost become a case of choosing the right defenders and hoping it'll go well. 

As well as Zouma has done since he came back into the XI, don't understand why people are falling for the same trap again of over-praising our CBs again when they are all flawed (leaving Tomori out of this since he has been playing much and is out injured). The fact of the matter is Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen are all error prone defenders. Go through our games this season and they have looked good at some point and total disaster at another. For example, only the other day Christensen looked so good against Man City and he then dropped a clanger against West Ham one week later. They are all unreliable and it's almost become a case of choosing the right defenders and hoping it'll go well. 
Zouma is still the best defender. He wins 74% of his aerial duels and he wins more than that 60% of his tacklings. He is our best defender.

He may not be the most technical one, but he still can defend. Also, what others CBs do we want? Rice who played 15 CB at West Ham for 70 mio and he is good enough as a CB? Romagnoli who looked bad against Juventus in a simple aerial duel ? This Torres guy from Villarreal looked bad against Barcelona too. I have asked a friend of mine that watches Serie A about his opinion on Milenkovic and he said he looked bad against Lazio. There is not one Maldini level defender out there. They all are going to make big mistakes at Chelsea. Question is how many mistakes will they do.

AC and Rüdiger are not good enough. They showed zero skills to do so. Zouma has shown that he at least does know the basics. Rüdiger does not know the basics and I have been saying this since last season, where people thought he is world class and nobody believed me...

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Zouma is still the best defender. He wins 74% of his aerial duels and he wins more than that 60% of his tacklings. He is our best defender.

He may not be the most technical one, but he still can defend. Also, what others CBs do we want? Rice who played 15 CB at West Ham for 70 mio and he is good enough as a CB? Romagnoli who looked bad against Juventus in a simple aerial duel ? This Torres guy from Villarreal looked bad against Barcelona too. I have asked a friend of mine that watches Serie A about his opinion on Milenkovic and he said he looked bad against Lazio. There is not one Maldini level defender out there. They all are going to make big mistakes at Chelsea. Question is how many mistakes will they do.

AC and Rüdiger are not good enough. They showed zero skills to do so. Zouma has shown that he at least does know the basics. Rüdiger does not know the basics and I have been saying this since last season, where people thought he is world class and nobody believed me...

Is milenkovic the fiorentina cb?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

On 08/07/2020 at 10:29 AM, killer1257 said:

Zouma is shit too

NONE are good enough unless Rudiger somehow pulls his head out of his arse and goes back to his previous levels before he was injured

Zouma is doom as a Chels starting CB

he is horrific on the ball and makes far too many errors mentally and prepositionally

only thing he is good at really is aerial duels, and the very occasional last ditch save

and even then, we still are shite at defending free kicks and corners

all six of our CB's (unless Rudiger goes right again) are shit

I know people hate blanket statements

but of the 13 defenders (4 fullbacks, 6 CB's (Guehi and Ampadu included) 3 GK's)

the only one who is remotely acceptable atm is Azpi at RB (he is a fucking DISASTER at LB, Lampard you dolt!!!) and is hardly going to get better there and all thsoe near 5000 minute seasons are catching up with him

fucking raging here overall

Lamapard is a piss poor defensive coach and it is probably going to get him sacked next season unless he brings in someone and FAST

combine that with a bunch of shit defenders, well, you get the worst Chels defence in 25 years goal-wise

On 7/12/2020 at 11:10 PM, Puliiszola said:

+1. I hope we can somehow pull off a miracle swap of jorginho + cash/Rudi for de ligt

Not happening, primarily because of De Light's earnings in Juve. I think that he has more than 250k p/w

1 hour ago, Kun Aguer0 said:

Not happening, primarily because of De Light's earnings in Juve. I think that he has more than 250k p/w

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11765444/matthijs-de-ligt-signs-for-juventus-from-ajax-on-five-year-deal

Around 200kpw. Well he is a generational talent and thats what they cost. If we want an upgrade for a decade and more, then thats the going rate. I hope we do try though.

Would love to have a Danish player being a Chelsea regular, especially a homegrown one, but Christensen is just not even close to good enough. He got all physical attributes, but his tendency to switch off completely is too costly. Bench player at best.

12 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

Would love to have a Danish player being a Chelsea regular, especially a homegrown one, but Christensen is just not even close to good enough. He got all physical attributes, but his tendency to switch off completely is too costly. Bench player at best.

I would be the same with Lindelöf, lolol

Danish players who I rate (not saying all would be a good fit here, and putting im Eriksen)

Thomas Delaney   (really rate him, so versatile, a fairly class player)
Joachim Andersen  (what is your opinion of him?)
Robert Skov   (as a LWB)
Jannik Vestergaard    (massive in height, basically 2m (1.995m)!, but unfortunately not so skilled technically)
Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg   (very underrated IMHO, Spuds want him) 

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I would be the same with Lindelöf, lolol

Danish players who I rate (not saying all would be a good fit here, and putting im Eriksen)

Thomas Delaney   (really rate him, so versatile, a fairly class player)
Joachim Andersen  (what is your opinion of him?)
Robert Skov   (as a LWB)
Jannik Vestergaard    (massive in height, basically 2m (1.995m)!, but unfortunately not so skilled technically)
Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg   (very underrated IMHO, Spuds want him) 

Think Lindelof has really improved with Ole tbf. Was never overly keen when we were linked with him at Benfica but has improved a lot since in the last year and a bit. 

Joachim Anderson is a very decent player. Done well in Holland with Twente and Italy with Sampdoria and now progressing again in France.

52 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think Lindelof has really improved with Ole tbf. Was never overly keen when we were linked with him at Benfica but has improved a lot since in the last year and a bit. 

Joachim Anderson is a very decent player. Done well in Holland with Twente and Italy with Sampdoria and now progressing again in France.

He's older and even more suspect to black outs than Christensen tho.