Andreas Christensen

Wilson

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Zouma is already ahead of him in terms of reading of the game, composure and all round play for me.

I really am not a huge fan of AC, I think he will end up sold.

He's supposedly a "master with the ball" & Barca are dying for him.

I just don't see him having the nerve to nail down a spot at all.

12 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Good game bar the hiccup. Now let's see if he can maintain that defensive composure for this final run. 

Given by the posts on here, you would think that ac had been at fault for 5 goals.

The reaction here is a strange one given how poor Luiz was. 

1 hour ago, 1905didierblue said:

What's the update on his injury?

Really hope it’s not serious. Rüdi can’t play in the EL-final for sure, Andy being unavailable for selection would be a big problem.

Good thing the weekend game doesn’t matter. I saw Trevoh Chalobah is training with the senior squad and he is nominated to the PL(just like Reece), he might get some minutes.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:37 AM, the wes said:

AC is suited in a team that plays three cb's formation since we have hitched the three cb's formation he's been found out more he 100% needs sold 

Pretty much this. He was at his best in Borussia who played 3 atb and then in Chelsea with 3.

He is basicaly Luiz who was best under Conte as a sweeper. 

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Pretty much this. He was at his best in Borussia who played 3 atb and then in Chelsea with 3.

He is basicaly Luiz who was best under Conte as a sweeper. 

That's a really poor comparison saying he is basically Luiz. They are COMPLETELY different types of players. Luiz is a physical beast that is aggressive in both tackles and pressing.  He's also brilliant at opening up play with diagonal balls. Christensen on the other hand lacks physicality, he's more of a finesse/elegant type of defender.  He reads the game better (when he is playing well). He hasn't developed long-range passing, but I think it would come once he gets his full confidence back and more playing time.  

They both seem best in a back 3 and that's about where the comparisons stop.

6 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

That's a really poor comparison saying he is basically Luiz. They are COMPLETELY different types of players. Luiz is a physical beast that is aggressive in both tackles and pressing.  He's also brilliant at opening up play with diagonal balls. Christensen on the other hand lacks physicality, he's more of a finesse/elegant type of defender.  He reads the game better (when he is playing well). He hasn't developed long-range passing, but I think it would come once he gets his full confidence back and more playing time.  

They both seem best in a back 3 and that's about where the comparisons stop.

I meant about their reliability. Both can play as sweeper quite well but neither is reliable enough to be in CB pairing. They are completely different CBs though yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Not many people saying much about AC. Thought he did really well tonight. Lacazete and Aboomarang were pretty much nullified. AC was putting his body about. Had that fantastic block from Aboomarang (even though it was offside).

3 hours ago, BigMabz said:

Not many people saying much about AC. Thought he did really well tonight. Lacazete and Aboomarang were pretty much nullified. AC was putting his body about. Had that fantastic block from Aboomarang (even though it was offside).

A couple of us mentioned his good performances during the match and I honestly don’t think he’s got many weaknesses as a player, but then again I’m a fan.

its really up to him as what tier he belongs. He could go all the way and become a top defender, but that depends on his ambition and desire.

Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen rules out transfer exit

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-defender-andreas-christensen-rules-out-transfer-exit-a4159861.html

Andreas Christensen insists he is no longer considering leaving Chelsea.

The Denmark defender said in October that if a lack of game time continued under Maurizio Sarri, he could not see himself staying.

But while Christensen was never a regular in the Premier League, he started all 15 fixtures of their successful bid to win the Europa League. He said: “I’m not wondering about my future now and I haven’t done that for some time. I’m happy to be in London and, with the way the season has evolved, there’s no reason to think about it any more.

Snip

Hope he takes the summer to build up some muscle. I can't see him ever becoming a dominant defender in this league with his current frame

Matthijs de Ligt who is same height as Christensen is like 8kg heavier

• 2 months later...

Clearly one of his worst performances in a Chelsea shirt

The first Nowrich goal is 30% on Christensen who stand still when their player is running at him and then does not follow the off-the ball run and 70% on Barkley who does not get across Cannant or some meaningful contact in despite being the way bigger man. 

For tthe second goal I have to retract my prior verdict. This is again to 60% on Christensen who fails to play Pukki offside, Zouma had made the step to do so but then should have come across more quickly and somewhat disturb  pukki in the shot legally, so it is maybe 15% on him and 25% on Kepa being off his line. I am sure he would have kept it out just standing at the post with PUkki no angle to aim at. 

Christensen also lost the duel with godfrey when they hit the crossbar. 

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Clearly one of his worst performances in a Chelsea shirt

The first Nowrich goal is 30% on Christensen who stand still when their player is running at him and then does not follow the off-the ball run and 70% on Barkley who does not get across Cannant or some meaningful contact in despite being the way bigger man. 

For tthe second goal I have to retract my prior verdict. This is again to 60% on Christensen who fails to play Pukki offside, Zouma had made the step to do so but then should have come across more quickly and somewhat disturb  pukki in the shot legally, so it is maybe 15% on him and 25% on Kepa being off his line. I am sure he would have kept it out just standing at the post with PUkki no angle to aim at. 

Christensen also lost the duel with godfrey when they hit the crossbar. 

When all defenders underperform, look at the rest of the team.

zouma wasn’t just slow in the second, he was very poor. That was too easy and that was Pukki sic not salah!

• 2 weeks later...