Andreas Christensen

Wilson

Michael Essien fears Chelsea star Andreas Christensen will be tempted by Barcelona January transfer

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/25/michael-essien-fears-chelsea-star-andreas-christensen-will-tempted-barcelona-january-transfer-8282900/

Michael Essien fears Andreas Christensen will be tempted to quit Chelsea in January if he continues to sit on the sidelines. The Denmark international enjoyed a stellar breakthrough campaign under Antonio Conte last season, having previously impressed on-loan at Borussia Monchengladbach. Maurizio Sarri’s arrival, however, has prompted a change in system which as seen Antonio Rudiger and David Luiz installed as the Italian’s first choice centre back pairing.

Christensen is yet to appear in the Premier League this season and although Sarri insists he wants the 22-year-old to stay, former Chelsea star Essien believes it is only natural that the elegant centre-half will be considering his options amid reported interest from Barcelona. ‘Every player wants to play,’ he said. ‘Chelsea isn’t an easy place to come and the competition is very fierce. ‘At the end of the day, all the players work but it’s the manager who will pick who he wants to play. ‘When you’re not playing you get frustrated and you want to look elsewhere.’

snip

On 20/12/2018 at 7:25 PM, Tomo said:

That position is the complete opposite of what Mount is about, his game is something of a Lamps (timing of runs), Oscar (intellegent pressing) and KDB (vision) mix  (style wise may i stress, he's obviously not at that level yet and may never be). If we are looking from within for a Jorginho back up the most suitable player is Billy Gilmour.

Isn't Gilmour more of an offensive type MF as well?

His stats sure look like it. Most of his game time is at CMF or AMF.

35793ba6d6f5194821cd894017d4eb73.png

df5dfd29fc181f8e33e8a9db09d5998c.pngc612a59458794157cdde307a0d692131.png

7 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i dont believe those bids for willian were true

e9f61606f85a517cbc7a0bc7c61e9984.png

a few weeks earlier Matt Law said his valuation was at least £60m

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/03/chelsea-open-barcelona-offers-willian-fund-summer-spending/

25 minutes ago, whats happening said:

idk i just find it ridicilous that we havent sold him for anything more than 40-45m. only thing is what i can believe is that sarri wanted him really badly...

Basically this. And this is the problem of constantly changing managers. By the time one manager realize he's scrap, he gets the sack...

I like what Sarri is trying to build so if he can get 2 or 3 windows to get this team sorted we will be able to compete. 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I swear to god, he has missed like 5 golden opportunities since the start of last season. And I mean almost sitters. Even though he is a defender, he is still a footballer and should BURY chances like he had today.

Persistent fouling high up the pitch as well tonight. No need for it. Looked shaky first half but grew into it second half.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2018 at 3:29 AM, Vesper said:

e9f61606f85a517cbc7a0bc7c61e9984.png

a few weeks earlier Matt Law said his valuation was at least £60m

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/03/chelsea-open-barcelona-offers-willian-fund-summer-spending/

Andreas Christensen section !!! 

Christensen ‘facing questions’ after ‘angering’ Sarri by leaving bench early in Arsenal loss — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/1/23/18194029/christensen-facing-questions-after-angering-sarri-by-leaving-bench-early-in-arsenal-loss-report

looks like Sarri driving another young potential starter out the door!

Finally, Sarri is asked about Andreas Christensen recently leaving the bench to go to the toilet during a game and not returning, he says the defender frequently suffers from stomach pains on matchdays, seemingly the result of nerves. aka ...the shits lol