Andreas Christensen

Wilson

7 hours ago, Styles said:

Nonsense story. Emenalo won't let this happen.

Exactly. I would've only been legitimately worried about this if Mourinho were still here.

Zouma is coming off a major injury, Cahill isn't very good & this is most likely John Terry's last season at the club.

Despite what Anders has said about dreaming of a Chelsea future, Gladbach would not be pursuing this transfer unless they knew he'd be prepared to join them

I'm not caling the lad a liar, I'm sure that his statement is more than just a well advised bit of public relations but, when faced with a choce between a dream and a reality, it's hard to completely turn your back on reality. Gladbach will be reminding Anders about the difficulty he faces getting into the Chelsea team and they'll be asking him this question, "What does it tell you if Chelsea are prepared to enter into negotiations with us about your transfer?"

4 hours ago, ProXima said:

I can add, Eberl (sporting director of Borussia) asked on twitter about Christensen a few days ago said that CFC and BMG are in good touch and German club definitely has a chance to sign him on permanent deal.

Eberl doesnt even have twitter

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2016 at 1:51 PM, CHOULO19 said:

This is beyond stupid. He's at the very least at the same level as our other CBs, only considerably younger. Pay the penalty in the loan contract, bring him back, put him straight in the team. 

This is like when we refused to give Bertrand a chance when we had no one else at LB and and have been stuck since then with Azpi on the left and Iva on the right while Bertrand makes it into the EPL team of the year. Except this time Christensen has A LOT more potential and we'll probably end up with Mikel being moved permanently to CB! 

Breaking contracts is harmful to the integrity of the club. It sets a precedent to other clubs that accepting loanees from Chelsea is futile. I don't the specifics of the contact but when you phrase it as 'penalty' it doesn't sound positive!

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

Breaking contracts is harmful to the integrity of the club. It sets a precedent to other clubs that accepting loanees from Chelsea is futile. I don't the specifics of the contact but when you phrase it as 'penalty' it doesn't sound positive!

Its not like clubs haven't upheld their sides of contracts before and we have had to bring them home early.

Its a time to look after number 1 and pay the penalty.

The lads going to end up thinking we just dont give a toss about him and wont want to come back.

Ive no idea IF Conte even saw him preseason at all did he?

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Why? There is nothing illegal about it. That's why it is usually stated in the contract. 

I don't think clubs 'accept' loanees from us, certainly not talents like Christensen. They ask to take them on loan and we pick the club we feel most suites them. 

You can say that it would make them less likely to want to sell us one of their own players in the future if we want them, which would be a fair point. 

Better than Terry and Cahill and we are probably going to sell him lol, even with buy-back clause that move is a fuckin joke. Zouma and Christensen would be answer for our defense in next 10 years. I hope that Conte is not going to be like Mourinho or stupid as our board to allow this type of transfers.

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Why? There is nothing illegal about it. That's why it is usually stated in the contract. 

I don't think clubs 'accept' loanees from us, certainly not talents like Christensen. They ask to take them on loan and we pick the club we feel most suites them. 

You can say that it would make them less likely to want to sell us one of their own players in the future if we want them, which would be a fair point. 

I just think it breaks a degree of trust between Chelsea and other clubs. Why would they bother loaning in a talented player if the potential is their for Chelsea to break the contract half way through? It sours relationships between clubs and that isn't something wise to do.

17 hours ago, Spike said:

I just think it breaks a degree of trust between Chelsea and other clubs. Why would they bother loaning in a talented player if the potential is their for Chelsea to break the contract half way through? It sours relationships between clubs and that isn't something wise to do.

In my opinion, the only consequence out of this would be slightly higher penalty fees.

Bring the kid home! This is getting silly.