Andreas Christensen

Wilson

I don't understand why we're not blooding him into the team this season when he's been subject to such a bid & won their POTY award. How many loanees in top flight football receive such an accolade at 20?! We're not talking Championship here. Ridiculous decisions.. 

I wouldn't be really shocked if we sell him. We seem apt in producing these massive brain farts as of late.

I don't think the club are that daft, but if they even consider it; a clause similar to Thorgan's has to be inserted. It's something the club have to do from now on.

21 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I don't think the club are that daft, but if they even consider it; a clause similar to Thorgan's has to be inserted. It's something the club have to do from now on.

Exactly.. Buy Back Clauses, Buy Back Clauses, Buy Back Clauses, Buy Back Clauses. It's the only way Chelsea should entertain selling these promising youth players. 

Andreas should be competing for a job here imo, much like LDN Blue said, because JT is no longer a guaranteed starter, and Cahill is a tragedy in defense. 

In two years time, I seriously hope our CB starters (provided they continue to grow and get better) are Zouma, Andreas, and Whichever Top CB we plan on signing this summer. 

Exactly.. Buy Back Clauses, Buy Back Clauses, Buy Back Clauses, Buy Back Clauses. It's the only way Chelsea should entertain selling these promising youth players. 

Andreas should be competing for a job here imo, much like LDN Blue said, because JT is no longer a guaranteed starter, and Cahill is a tragedy in defense. 

In two years time, I seriously hope our CB starters (provided they continue to grow and get better) are Zouma, Andreas, and Whichever Top CB we plan on signing this summer. 

I agree. I'm still unsure what type of deal we have with Gladbach, but I believe he should be in our squad for the start of next season.

38 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Buy back clause ain't worth shit if the player don't want to re-sign. It only means that we don't have to negotiate with the club. Fiorentina had an option to sign Salah but he didn't want to go.

Christensen is a top young player and plays in a 3 CB system, letting him go for 15-20 million pounds would be plain stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

Desperately hoping he'll develop into one of the major candidates to make a claim as third best CB behind the kings Boateng and Hummels and I hope he'll actually want to return. None of the top CBs in football play for Chelsea and all are out of the club's reach.

And I hope he's gained weight or is gaining weight. He's not quick and nimble so him being lightweight doesn't help at all. He doesn't have to turn into Hummels but he needs to become more powerful and commanding in duels.

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

Desperately hoping he'll develop into one of the major candidates to make a claim as third best CB behind the kings Boateng and Hummels and I hope he'll actually want to return. None of the top CBs in football play for Chelsea and all are out of the club's reach.

And I hope he's gained weight or is gaining weight. He's not quick and nimble so him being lightweight doesn't help at all. He doesn't have to turn into Hummels but he needs to become more powerful and commanding in duels.

Agree with most of what you are saying but for a CB he is relatively quick. Very similar to John Stones imo. None are astonishingly quick but for a CB they are quite quick compared to the majority.

3 hours ago, the wes said:

It's a shame we can't bring him back now ffs

YEP!

I initially thought that it would be best for the club and him if we sent Happy out on loan. But it was totally the right thing keeping him training with the 1st team. Did him the world of gppd gradually getting used to the atmosphere and sitting on the bench, getting a few minutes etc..

Its either that or throw jim straight into the deep end. Mught be good for Ola.