Andreas Christensen

Wilson

TBF to Chalobah, we did not help him. He had an excellent season at Watford then we were not willing to send him there again because of wages dispute. He then settled for total different circumstances at Forest and it went downhill from there tbh. Mourinho obviously saw him as a great talent himself which is why he said he planned to make him part of the first team squad following season (You got to take everything Mourinho says on youth with a pinch of salt tbh).

But sometimes if you are not given the opportunity, your development will stall. Alli is thriving for Spurs and England despite jumping up two division after one season at his age. If Alli joined us, he would be in oblivion like Chalobah but he has a team that gives young players chances.

Bertrand would not have started. He should have been but Mourinho just would not of done that. The amount of games Luis got is exact proof of that. He rarely rotated and Luis was/is quality. Bertrand would have been in the same predicament and he was not prepared to accept that which is totally understandable. I would love him back here though. Think he is quality.

I did wonder why he didn't stay at Watford for longer, but now I know why. The Napoli move was a weird one for all parties and it seems like its going to be a year down the drain.

The HG quota is something the board and Mou need to sought out. Bertrand should have been the perfect example of someone would came through the ranks and made it here, but another one who wasn't given a consistent chance to cement his place.

We need a HG spine once again at this club.

I did wonder why he didn't stay at Watford for longer, but now I know why. The Napoli move was a weird one for all parties and it seems like its going to be a year down the drain.

The HG quota is something the board and Mou need to sought out. Bertrand should have been the perfect example of someone would came through the ranks and made it here, but another one who wasn't given a consistent chance to cement his place.

We need a HG spine once again at this club.

i rate Chalobah better than mikel bring Chalobah in the squad next season and sell Mikel and your right we do need a core of HG in the squad JT will be away next season and we will be down another HG in the squad

Great experience for him. Bundesliga and CL football, making a name for himself. What he's doing, coming straight out of youth football, is fantastic.

Here he'd play a game at some point (in a weakened XI with little chemistry), not set the world alight or even put in a poor performance, get the label not ready, not play for months, get another start and would need to 'prove himself' (a hard task with so little football) but not play again for months regardless of the quality of his performance. And he would get his 'opportunity' in the next season.

I hope he stays for at least another year. Gladbach knows him, they obviously rate him. His chances of playing two full seasons worth of football are the highest there. Depending on his development, he could make a move up to a top four side or to La Liga side like Sevilla, Villarreal or Valencia. Or get used to PL football at Southampton, WHU (Everton will regret the Stones saga when looking for handouts). I'd prefer the former option(s) though. Preferably he'd return, if he returns, when JT retires (unless JT plans on continuing after 17/18). He'd arrive with three seasons of top level football under his belt a la Courtois and compete with Zouma and I assume a new name for a first XI spot. That's just a plan of course. Who knows what'll happen in the next few years or what the club has planned for him.

Great experience for him. Bundesliga and CL football, making a name for himself. What he's doing, coming straight out of youth football, is fantastic.

Here he'd play a game at some point (in a weakened XI with little chemistry), not set the world alight or even put in a poor performance, get the label not ready, not play for months, get another start and would need to 'prove himself' (a hard task with so little football) but not play again for months regardless of the quality of his performance. And he would get his 'opportunity' in the next season.

I hope he stays for at least another year. Gladbach knows him, they obviously rate him. His chances of playing two full seasons worth of football are the highest there. Depending on his development, he could make a move up to a top four side or to La Liga side like Sevilla, Villarreal or Valencia. Or get used to PL football at Southampton, WHU (Everton will regret the Stones saga when looking for handouts). I'd prefer the former option(s) though. Preferably he'd return, if he returns, when JT retires (unless JT plans on continuing after 17/18). He'd arrive with three seasons of top level football under his belt a la Courtois and compete with Zouma and I assume a new name for a first XI spot. That's just a plan of course. Who knows what'll happen in the next few years or what the club has planned for him.

The fact that he wasn't even our best youth player (he is one of our top ones though) tells you the sort of quality our youngsters have. It's such a shame more aren't being bled in internally.

I think if Terry gonna play next season too, he should stay at borrusia, but if he retires we should recall Andreas. He is younger and not so known version of John Rock. He is a gem, like half of our academy players which gonna be vasted at Chelsea...

The fact that he wasn't even our best youth player (he is one of our top ones though) tells you the sort of quality our youngsters have. It's such a shame more aren't being bled in internally.

Good game today vs Sevilla. Both CBs were solid and worked really well as a duo. Might have to catch more games because Gladbach were very impressive today. Fun to watch as well. Silly penalty at the end to take away from their defensive work today.

Edit: The lad is skinny though. Not very athletic either. That will need work in the coming years. But tactically he's already quite far along if today is anything to go by. Not afraid to step out of the line or leave his position to cover, liked that as well.

I think if Terry gonna play next season too, he should stay at borrusia, but if he retires we should recall Andreas. He is younger and not so known version of John Rock. He is a gem, like half of our academy players which gonna be vasted at Chelsea...

If he wants to come back he will regret it

If he wants to come back he will regret it

Dont see him coming back specially with the current scenario on integrating the young cubs ...

I feel he will stay for another season at Borrusia to achieve the same level of performance as this season and then would be bought by a better club ... while we will spend like 45m odd on John Stones to partner Zouma :)

Moses at Liverpool, Bamford at Palace, Boga at Rennes, Omeruo, Marin at Sevilla and Fiorentina, etc. We have a habit of loan players out and they hardly play. We should demand they play a certain percentage of games if fit (It can be done before people try and question it) before agreeing to any deals.

Their playing opportunities when returning is a completely different discussion.

It can be done but really, why should it?

This way we know the ones who do do well (i.e.Andreas and Tibo) are in on merit.

Good game today vs Sevilla. Both CBs were solid and worked really well as a duo. Might have to catch more games because Gladbach were very impressive today. Fun to watch as well. Silly penalty at the end to take away from their defensive work today.

Edit: The lad is skinny though. Not very athletic either. That will need work in the coming years. But tactically he's already quite far along if today is anything to go by. Not afraid to step out of the line or leave his position to cover, liked that as well.

So is Stones tbh but his reading of the game is exceptional and has pace and both are good on the ball. Very similar characteristics.

So is Stones tbh but his reading of the game is exceptional and has pace and both are good on the ball. Very similar characteristics.

Well, then they both need to bulk up. That's just one of the requirements of a CB. Even the very best needed strength, whether your name is Cannavaro, Puyol, Nesta, Terry or Thuram. If you're not as good as them, you need it even more. Koscielny is a bit lightweight but not like Christensen (yes, I realise he's young). And he makes up for it with his impressive athleticism.

I have to say, his pace didn't impress me. Looked a little sluggish off the mark. Slow on the turn as well. But that goes for a lot of CBs.