John Terry Stripped of England Captaincy

And so you miss the point entirely once again. John Terry doesn't deny saying what he said, it's the context that it was used. He claims that he was accused of saying "Fucking black cunt" and when he heard it, he repeated it as in, "Are you saying I called you a fucking black cunt?" or words to hat extent. Yes, there is videos of him saying that, but it's all contextual. Somebody could film me right now saying, "It's deplorable to use the term 'black cunt'" then cut the video so it only shows me saying "black cunt". Then what? am I automatically a racist without my case being reviewed?

According to the FA, yes.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so you miss the point entirely once again. John Terry doesn't deny saying what he said, it's the context that it was used. He claims that he was accused of saying "Fucking black cunt" and when he heard it, he repeated it as in, "Are you saying I called you a fucking black cunt?" or words to hat extent. Yes, there is videos of him saying that, but it's all contextual. Somebody could film me right now saying, "It's deplorable to use the term 'black cunt'" then cut the video so it only shows me saying "black cunt". Then what? am I automatically a racist without my case being reviewed?

While I get everyone jumping on my dick here. I know exactly what you are saying and where you are coming from. All my point is, even after that he says fucking nob head or something such...It doesn't look good any which way you see it and yes the video may have panned on him at the right time, but how are you ever meant to prove anything apart from he said it in that way when the video everyone see's shows him saying it? nothing before and nothign after. I just can't see how he can get out of that situation. Thats why I think based on that he's been stripped.

I didn't realise you were a qualified lip-reader, can I have your contact details because there are so many situations in my everyday life where I think "man Id love a certified lipreader, I am just a novice lipreader..."

Innocent until proven guilty?

Don't really get your post? As mentioned Terry admitted to saying it unless you believe something else? So i don't need to be a qualified lip reader. Quite welcome to send me a vid and I will try my hardest though pal

While I get everyone jumping on my dick here. I know exactly what you are saying and where you are coming from. All my point is, even after that he says fucking nob head or something such...It doesn't look good any which way you see it and yes the video may have panned on him at the right time, but how are you ever meant to prove anything apart from he said it in that way when the video everyone see's shows him saying it? nothing before and nothign after. I just can't see how he can get out of that situation. Thats why I think based on that he's been stripped.

As Kyle said though, context is everything. If you can't prove that what he is saying isn't in the context that Anton Ferdinand says it is in then he should be proven innocent, because, the saying goes, innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Anyway, the other main point is that the FA should have waited for the court to reach a verdict before punishing someone.

Person 1 - It's deplorable to use the term "black cunt"

Person 2 - Did you just call him a black cunt?

Person 1 - Are you accusing me of calling him a black cunt? Fucking nob head!

So I mean, there you go. There's an example where that could happen. I'd be pretty miffed if somebody accused me of saying something like that if I didn't. (of course he may well have said it, we'll know soon enough).

But the point is this, a court isn't going to sit round, watch the video then make a verdict. They're going to see the video, probably have witnesses and character references. There's a lot more to go on than that video, which may or may not be conveniently timed.

Don't really get your post? As mentioned Terry admitted to saying it unless you believe something else? So i don't need to be a qualified lip reader. Quite welcome to send me a vid and I will try my hardest though pal

As I said above, if you can prove that what he is saying is in the context that Anton Ferdinand says it is in, then great. If, on the otherhand, you can lipread Terry saying "I didn't call you...." then the context of what Terry has said is very different and there is no need for a courtcase or him being stripped of the England captaincy. However until somebody conclusively proves the context then nobody can make a decision until the court reaches a verdict, which is why the FA punishment is ridiculous.

But yes, thank you, if there is ever an occasion where I feel a lipreader would come in handy, you will be at the top of my list.

As Kyle said though, context is everything. If you can't prove that what he is saying isn't in the context that Anton Ferdinand says it is in then he should be proven innocent, because, the saying goes, innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Anyway, the other main point is that the FA should have waited for the court to reach a verdict before punishing someone.

Yeah thats in an ideal world where JT isn't already hated. Never gonna be the case. Why he would utter those words in any circumstance is beyond me, this situation should never have been. If Gerrard said to Ashley Cole the same thing in the same would you be calling for him to be stood down? I think alot of people would.

Yeah thats in an ideal world where JT isn't already hated. Never gonna be the case. Why he would utter those words in any circumstance is beyond me, this situation should never have been. If Gerrard said to Ashley Cole the same thing in the same would you be calling for him to be stood down? I think alot of people would.

Speaking personally, no. I don't just assume somebody is guilty of something because they don't play for the team I support. Let me get this straight, I don't think John Terry is guilty, I believe his version of events. Equally, I don't think Anton Ferdinand is a liar. I do believe that this is probably I giant mix up, which lest we forget, wasn't going to come to anything if it hadn't been for the one singular complaint to the police, and a (very possibly) carefully selected video clip uploaded to YouTube.

Continue debating all you want, it's reality now. In July we'll see if he's guilty or not

May I ask you a question from one chelsea fan to another: WHY do you want our captain to be found guilty in a racism case so badly??

I mean in an ideal case the affair would´ve been over before the Euros, but these things take time. Can´t blame the FA for stripping him off the captaincy to be honest. The England team can´t travel to the tournament with an alleged racist as a skipper. They couldn´t wait until the court case would´ve been over. For various reasons: team spirit, image, integritiy.

IF JT was just the sportsman off the pitch as he is on the pitch. His carreer as a brilliant centre half will be overshadowed by all these affairs and stupid mistakes. As a player he is amazing and a rock in the defense, but supporting him as a person just gets harder and harder. If he is found guilty of saying the stuff he said, i won´t wear the shirt with his name on anymore. The "Captain, Leader, Legend" thing is fine, for the game itself. But other than that, it´s just redicolous to say that he needs support or something.

Obviously the old "innocent until proven guilty" thinking works for the average man, but not for public person like Terry is. And by that I don´t mean that he gets treated differently, but with his position comes a whole other set of responsibilities, that can´t be overlooked by an institution like the FA.