Lucas Piazón

the wes

He can take up the 6th attacking mid spot.

I don't think we need a 6th attacking midfield spot at all because we have 3 strikers who get rotated into those positions as well. Mourinho likes bringing on a second striker as a sub when behind instead of another attacking midfielder. I see the front 4 as more interchangeable than most teams and we have 9 players for 4 spots. 8 is more than enough. Right now, it's not only our #6 attacking midfielder who is having trouble getting regular game time, it's our #3, 4, 5, and 6 attacking midfielders. Even if De Bruyne goes in January, there's still a battle for playing time.

He's doing good and impacts the game, but he lost the ball several times as well and was very weak other times. He does have a great workrate though, he leads Vitesse's pressing high up the pitch. We'll probably make a decent profit off him, but I doubt he makes it here with the other wealth of talent we already have.

He's doing good and impacts the game, but he lost the ball several times as well and was very weak other times. He does have a great workrate though, he leads Vitesse's pressing high up the pitch. We'll probably make a decent profit off him, but I doubt he makes it here with the other wealth of talent we already have.

Isn't he 19 though? There's plenty of time for him to make it here. I don't want him to be sold. I like him a lot - despite coming from Sao Paulo - and I think in 2-3 years from now when he's on the age I expect us to really use him, some of our AMs may not even be here...

Isn't he 19 though? There's plenty of time for him to make it here. I don't want him to be sold. I like him a lot - despite coming from Sao Paulo - and I think in 2-3 years from now when he's on the age I expect us to really use him, some of our AMs may not even be here...

At the moment I'd say he's got less chance than Boga and Traore of making it here. He's a very nice player but I've never been blown away by him.

If we sell him then I'd expect maybe £8 million at the most with some clauses built-in

At the moment I'd say he's got less chance than Boga and Traore of making it here. He's a very nice player but I've never been blown away by him.

If we sell him then I'd expect maybe £8 million at the most with some clauses built-in

different positions though, aren't they? Aren't Boga and Traore strikers or at least the kind of AM that Schurrle or Hazard are?

I see Lucas more like a CAM...

Same for me..

He is a pretty good player but wouldn't make it at the top, IMO.

different positions though, aren't they? Aren't Boga and Traore strikers or at least the kind of AM that Schurrle or Hazard are?

I see Lucas more like a CAM...

Boga is a 10 or a left-winger, Traore (from what I've seen of him) is the same. Maybe Piazon makes it here as a left-winger but I'm just not convinced by him. He's a very nice player but he doesn't seem to do anything exceptionally. Nice vision, nice touch, nice movement....but nothing that makes you stand up and take notice and it was the same in the youth team.

His problem is that Hazard and Schurrle are both only a few years older than him but far better on the left wing, and Oscar, Mata, De Bruyne, Traore and Boga can all play through the middle. He'd need at least one more year on loan somewhere of a higher standard than Vitesse, unless they get into the Champions League and he can show something there.

Massive potential this lad has, really tearing the dutch league aprt, but still think his future lies in the no.10 position. But obviously he has to improve himself physicaly if he wants to play in the premier league and become starter for us which i have faith he will..