Kieran.
Followers 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i wonder if he would score alot of goals if we stuck him in our team.

Maybe.

I've watched him play a few times and he's not exceptional in any regard. He's not amazingly fast, he's not fantastically strong, he's not got a thunderbolt of a shot and his passing is good but nothing special.

But he just scores goals.

I've been thinking something for a while, and I've been holding off on saying it because it's probably over the top but he reminds me of a Sheringham-type player. He's got this sense of knowing where to be to finish shots off and he does that fairly well.

At the moment I could see him leaving us and having a good career scoring goals wherever he ends up a bit like Forssell, but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he got a shot here and did well.

^^^ Yep, spot on. If you watch him, there's nothing which'll make you think "WOW, HE'S BRILLIANT AT THAT!!!". Not an amazing finisher, he doesn't have pace to burn, nothing special when it comes to passing to my knowledge - yet he scores goals. I guess it's that instinct which you just can't be taught. He's simply born to be a striker which is evident. He somehow knows where to be and when; which results in him scoring.

I think he lacks the all-round play to be a starting striker here one day, but who knows.

lol was just about to post that! :lol:

Seems to be doing very well in League one. Reckon a championship loan would be better for him next season?

I think so, when he was at Forest he was just breaking through into their squad when we bought him, while they were in the Championship. Looks like someone who can poach goals but also add that bit extra on the ball that players like Hernandez can't.

I like what I have seen of Bamford ,he reminds me a bit of Marco Van Basten as a player ,great touch,awareness,movement,two footed,strong,good in the air ,holds it up well and a natural goalscorer ,he seems to go under the radar a bit when we talk about our youth players but I reckon he has as good a chance as most of making our 1st team,I also like the fact he is out playing proper football for pounds and points,rather than playing youth team football .

I will watch his progress with great interest.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sometimes i wonder why we buy these players. Maybe he's a great talent but really there's no way he'll ever play a premiership game for us no matter how he does on loan.

Sometimes i wonder why we buy these players. Maybe he's a great talent but really there's no way he'll ever play a premiership game for us no matter how he does on loan.

I agree. I mean we have a lot of money but spending over £1m for a then 18 year old who had only made 2 sub appearances for Forest seemed odd at the time. I know he scored 5 goals in one game in the youth cup but when you are Chelsea and you are buying someone that age, you would expect that they are getting regular football at their club. I mean 2 months he is going to be 20. Decent player but as you say can't see him appearing for the first team in the future. At 19/20 years old if he had some sort of indications he would be capable of playing for Chelsea in the future you would have thought he would be at a Championship club at least.

my thoughts exactly

Good luck Patch! I don't think we'll ever see him wearing Chelsea colours, but I definitely think he will have decent resale value in two-three years time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...