Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Patrick Bamford

Kieran.
Followers 1

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

Fair enough, the reason I don't think he wont make it isn't just because of Palace, he was a decent scorer in the championship but often drifted out of games for long periods even at that level, a bit like what Bent did in PL. Jerome has a similar goal ratio to Bamford in the Championship but isn't good at this level. 

If I'm wrong (which believe it or not I hope I am as it would only benefit us) I will be the first to hold my hands up, but Bamford doesn't really excite me when I think of potentially making it here especially compared to say Traore.

Sorry, what?! Excite you? The lad puts the ball in the net, that's exciting enough for me. If you're comparing ability, this time last year Bamford was sticking the ball in the net and assisting against City at the Etihad: 

What was Ruben doing? Traore? Albeit, yes, they are 2 years younger than Patrick but to think Traore in particular would be doing the same in exactly 1 year's time is extremely optimistic to say the very least.

I am not saying he should be first choice, some seem to think I am. I am saying give the boy a shot at being a back-up striker. Play him instead of the horrid false 9 for christ sake. It's the very least he deserves.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, The Mak said:

Sorry, what?! Excite you? The lad puts the ball in the net, that's exciting enough for me. If you're comparing ability, this time last year Bamford was sticking the ball in the net and assisting against City at the Etihad: 

What was Ruben doing? Traore? Albeit, yes, they are 2 years younger than Patrick but to think Traore in particular would be doing the same in exactly 1 year's time is extremely optimistic to say the very least.

I am not saying he should be first choice, some seem to think I am. I am saying give the boy a shot at being a back-up striker. Play him instead of the horrid false 9 for christ sake. It's the very least he deserves.

In this game you need be more than just a scorer, Gomez netted almost a goal a game in 11/12 for Bayern yet got dropped for Manduzic following summer, Bas GPM ratio here was amazing but he was never warmed to here.

Yes he scored at The Ehithad, but Hilario also kept a clean sheet vs Barca.

Patrick Bamford will be allowed to leave Chelsea, although the club want to insert a buy-back clause in any permanent deal (Telegraph) #CFC

Norwich City, Hull City and Middlesbrough are all interested in Patrick Bamford. (Telegraph) #CFC

1 hour ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Patrick Bamford will be allowed to leave Chelsea, although the club want to insert a buy-back clause in any permanent deal (Telegraph) #CFC

Norwich City, Hull City and Middlesbrough are all interested in Patrick Bamford. (Telegraph) #CFC

He's as good as gone then - buy back clause is sensible! Good luck to the lad - I'd choose Norwich out of those 3 :)

although Boro should get promoted this season, could be a good move, celebrate winning something and then into the PL :)

It was a perfect time to give Bamford a chance here, 4/5months then if he didnt impress flog him,with Costas injury doubts,Remy being Remy and the sad demise of Falcao,imho sensible timing to keep him and a have a good look.But then its CFC we're talking about !

I don't know about you but I think that Champions league hopes are all gone unless we win it. So it is perfect time to check if some youngsters have what it takes to play for Chelsea. Players like Bamford, Traore, RLC, Kenedy, Baba and maybe even Musonda should be given a proper chance to prove themselves. 

But this is Chelsea .. we will rather bring Pato who is injury prone and had average stats in Brazilian league than play Bamford in those 2 games that he will eventually play. #sad 

1 hour ago, jernej93 said:

I don't know about you but I think that Champions league hopes are all gone unless we win it. So it is perfect time to check if some youngsters have what it takes to play for Chelsea. Players like Bamford, Traore, RLC, Kenedy, Baba and maybe even Musonda should be given a proper chance to prove themselves. 

But this is Chelsea .. we will rather bring Pato who is injury prone and had average stats in Brazilian league than play Bamford in those 2 games that he will eventually play. #sad 

We still need to secure a respectable position in the league table, if we secure top 8 we could probably convince potential signings that this season was a one off, especially if we are in the top 4 or maybe even top of the "second half of the season table" but if we finish mid table then it will be hard to convince players.

Although I do agree we need to play some young players, not Bamford.

14 hours ago, Tomo said:

We still need to secure a respectable position in the league table, if we secure top 8 we could probably convince potential signings that this season was a one off, especially if we are in the top 4 or maybe even top of the "second half of the season table" but if we finish mid table then it will be hard to convince players.

Although I do agree we need to play some young players, not Bamford.

Sorry, but that's not at all convincing. There is no difference between 7th or 17th. The motivation for players to join us with CL football is the name and ambitions of the club and the money we offer. Heck, even Inter still manage to get players based on their name alone, and they can't even offer decent money anymore! 

When we're safe from relegation, and top 4 is certainly impossible, there are NO excuses not to play youngsters. 

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Sorry, but that's not at all convincing. There is no difference between 7th or 17th. The motivation for players to join us with CL football is the name and ambitions of the club and the money we offer. Heck, even Inter still manage to get players based on their name alone, and they can't even offer decent money anymore! 

When we're safe from relegation, and top 4 is certainly impossible, there are NO excuses not to play youngsters. 

Of course their is, top players wont want to join a team that just avoided the drop, whereas a strong end to the season with a respectable finish and we can probably convince them that this year outside the CL is a one off and we will back, especially if Leicester and Spurs get in.

I'm not saying it is an excuse not to play them because it aint, in my opinion we should be stating with Ruben at least now, but a strong second half season is very much needed in my opinion, not just for the reason I gave but to bring some sort of momentum and feel good factor back ready for next season.

4 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Why not Bamford?

Because, in my opinion, he isn't good enough.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Of course their is, top players wont want to join a team that just avoided the drop, whereas a strong end to the season with a respectable finish and we can probably convince them that this year outside the CL is a one off and we will back, especially if Leicester and Spurs get in.

I'm not saying it is an excuse not to play them because it aint, in my opinion we should be stating with Ruben at least now, but a strong second half season is very much needed in my opinion, not just for the reason I gave but to bring some sort of momentum and feel good factor back ready for next season.

Because, in my opinion, he isn't good enough.

But I just don't agree with the assumption that to players would refuse to sign for us, even if we finish 17th. The ambitions for next season will be the same whether we finish 8th or 17th; we are one of the most successful clubs in Europe in the past 12 years and everyone knows our financial powers.

I'm not saying it won't be a factor at all, but saying that all top players would refuse to sign with us because of it is pretty baseless, imo. 

Just fucking give him a chance, he's proven that he can score goals already in the Championship. Hopefully he'll do well with Norwich, then we should give him a few games here.