Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

KDB being more efficient than Hazard doesn't automatically mean that Hazard is inefficient. Just less efficient than KDB. Comparing club & country statistics.

Obviously Hazard had better stats in the 13/14 season. KDB only played half a season then being benched at Chelsea. But he still did really well for Wolfsburg in the second half of the season considering. Scoring 3 and assisting 6 in just 16 Bundesliga games. In a new team without any match rhythm.

Looking at our poor start, and the way City have impressed last night with a rejuvenated Touré & Kompany, admittedly against a pathetic WBA side, I'm afraid it's going to take more than just Hazard to be champions again this year.

I wish we'd bid for Berahino and/or Mané. They would be really useful additions to our attacking game.

Anyway, KTBFFH!

Will be strange though if we'd see KDB play against us next weekend..

I wasn't talking about the 13/14 season. I'm talking about all their seasons. Go look at Hazard's stats for Lille, where he was the only real star as well. He had 20 goals and 15 assists in 2011/12 in the French league alone + made them win it. His inefficiency for Belgium is mostly because they refuse to give him the fucking ball for some reason. It's like a game they seem to play. He makes runs all the time for nothing.

It's like a game they seem to play. He makes runs all the time for nothing.

I'm sorry, but this isn't true at all. Certainly not since the Wilmots era.

What I will say in his defence when playing for Belgium, is that most players don't seem to get him. They don't react quickly enough. They don't run where Hazard would like them to run, and so on. It sometimes seems like he's playing a different game, on another level. BUT, if if I have to be harsh, if you're as talented as Hazard, you should be able to adapt your game to make it work with your team mates. KDB manages that part a lot better.

I'm sorry, but this isn't true at all. Certainly not since the Wilmots era.

What I will say in his defence when playing for Belgium, is that most players don't seem to get him. They don't react quickly enough. They don't run where Hazard would like them to run, and so on. It sometimes seems like he's playing a different game, on another level. BUT, if if I have to be harsh, if you're as talented as Hazard, you should be able to adapt your game to make it work with your team mates. KDB manages that part a lot better.

There is also a lot of perception in this.

What qualifying game since the World Cup has De Bruyne performed better than Hazard.

In almost every game since the World Cup, Hazard has been one of the better players on the pitch.

It is true that his Belgian teammates sometimes don't seem to get him.

At Chelsea, they give him the ball if he asks it. Even if he is covered. In the Belgian team they look aftaid to pass the ball in those exact situations.

And that is the reason why he can't do the same because he is almost always covered by an opponent.

But at Chelsea that doesn't matter and hist teammates know this.

What qualifying game since the World Cup has De Bruyne performed better than Hazard.

Yes, that's true.

KDB was outstanding against Andorra (where Hazard didn't even play), but fair enough that doesn't really count. In the other matches Hazard was one of the better if not best players, but still not getting stats/results.

In any case, start the new season, and I'm pretty sure KDB will quickly be at his best again.

According to Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad, Kevin De Bruyne is about to put pen to paper for a six year deal at Manchester City in which he'll earn 320 (!!) K a week (40K more than Hazard) and sees his club get paid a transfer fee of EUR 69 million (49 million pounds) ...

For those who read Dutch:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20150812_01814942

According to Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad, Kevin De Bruyne is about to put pen to paper for a six year deal at Manchester City in which he'll earn 320 (!!) K a week (40K more than Hazard) and sees his club get paid a transfer fee of EUR 69 million (49 million pounds) ...

For those who read Dutch:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20150812_01814942

Going to be interesting.

I still don't think he will hit those numbers he did at Bundesliga.

I see him more of a Nasri type of player with just a little more determination which ain't that bad.

I still don't think he will hit those numbers he did at Bundesliga.

Probably not, but those were insane numbers. Can still make a good season reaching 50 to 75% of those figures.

Anyway, just curious to see how he'll settle in at City. Totally different club and style of play. I'm sure he'll do fine.

Haha yeah, but in all sincerety though, if KDB had no ambition, he wouldn't come back to the PL where 90% of the people think he's a lazy, difficult bastard who can't cope with EPL pressure just because Mourinho needed some excuses to justify his incomprehensible treatment and dismissal of De Bruyne.

No, without ambition, he'd stay safely at Wolfsburg in Germany, where everybody treats him as God.

Doesn't hurt City are offering him CR7/Messi money.