Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Even as a Belgian, I think that's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on him. Two Belgian players would maybe be worth that sum: Hazard and a younger Vincent Kompany. Also, it's a dumb move for KDB. He'd better stay at Wolfsburg and then go to an actual top team next year or the year after.

Ow, give it a rest Johnny. I know it's cool for a Belgian to downtalk a Belgian player because it makes you seem like your opinion can be trusted, but it's becoming a bit silly.

Player Of The Year award

17 goals in all competitions

29 assists in all competitions

Kevin De Bruyne will be worth every single penny. Already is.

As much as I adore Hazard and his skills, he can only dream of Kevin's stats and efficiency.

Mourinho didn't like him and let him go, there's nothing more to it. Sometimes club & player don't match. But please stop this nonsense about KDB not being good enough. Consistently one of the best attacking midfielders in the world.

Looks like football fans are in the denial stage. "Oh they won't be good anyway".

Btw, if Arsenal & Chelsea can respectively play Cazorla & Fabregas in CM then Yaya won't be problem.

Exactly. Yaya was THE MAN, but in this new potential setup, Sterling and KDB will help carry the load and actually make his job easier. The distribution of workload will help.

I've said it before, but KDB is one of my fav footballers, and it would absolutely crush me to see him in the Sky Blue of City. Praying to the high heavens Bayern Munich tell KDB they'll buy him after this season. Just don't come back to the EPL, please KDB! :cry:

Looks like football fans are in the denial stage. "Oh they won't be good anyway".

Btw, if Arsenal & Chelsea can respectively play Cazorla & Fabregas in CM then Yaya won't be problem.

What looks good on paper doesn't necessarily work in reality, but I agree with your point.

And some people are exaggerating City's defensive woes. They're not Liverpool. Sterling, Silva and possibly KDB won't be allowed to stroll around the pitch, that's just silly.

Good I hope it happens.

Don't think he will be that good in the EPL but if he does then it will just be a lesson learned to be more patient next time.

I mean we tried to make it work with Torres for many years but cannot gamble on younger players?

If you are referring to De Bruyne, three players the same age as him got significant game time in the same period Mourinho was "unwilling to take a gamble on him".

If you are referring to De Bruyne, three players the same age as him got significant game time in the same period Mourinho was "unwilling to take a gamble on him".

Again one game here and there don't mean much.

It's sustainable game time that matters.

He didn't get picked because he refused to track back, Jose basically confirmed this a couple of weeks back.

Ow, give it a rest Johnny. I know it's cool for a Belgian to downtalk a Belgian player because it makes you seem like your opinion can be trusted, but it's becoming a bit silly.

Player Of The Year award

17 goals in all competitions

29 assists in all competitions

Kevin De Bruyne will be worth every single penny. Already is.

As much as I adore Hazard and his skills, he can only dream of Kevin's stats and efficiency.

Mourinho didn't like him and let him go, there's nothing more to it. Sometimes club & player don't match. But please stop this nonsense about KDB not being good enough. Consistently one of the best attacking midfielders in the world.

Dude, I almost never give Belgian players shit on this forum. I'm not giving KDB shit either. He's had a fantastic season last year. He can be a very efficient player. But if I was the guy with the money at Man City, I'd wait and see what he does this year before throwing 65 million euro at him. He had a miracle season, but he's playing for a second tier team that's completely focused on him. If you look at all his previous years, his goal stats are actually way below Hazard's. Hazard scored more goals than Kevin even last season (with penalties, ok, but you still have to score them).

I can't find any career assists stats for Eden. But I would never call him inefficient. He won Chelsea the title last year. No Hazard, probably no title.

Give it a rest btw? Have I been whining about Kevin for the last two months or something? :-s

Have to be honest, for over £45M, City can have him. A vastly inflated price and overrated player, especially after seeing some of the posts in this thread, a very good player yes, had a great season last year yes and he has rebuilt his career after a difficult 6 months at Chelsea yes but cmon he is hardly world class like you'd believe reading some posts.

I avoid this thread sometimes, its like a wankfest because he had a good season after he left here, in a team where he is obviously the best player. Its almost like half the forum is more content in bashing Jose for selling him, when it was obvious he wasn't cut out to play here at the time. Is that Jose's fault? He wasn't demoted to the U21s for no reason, he was shite against a Championship/League 1 team, he refused to follow tactical orders or whatever.. make whatever excuses up about his time here you want, it doesn't change the fact we won the title without him last year and did alright after he was sold too.

Nobody was really bothered then but after one good season in a team (which is a pretty good team but not at the same level as ours), where he is the best player, everyone comes out and says oh we made a mistake. If Oscar plays as well as he did in pre-season and has a consistent year, I don't think people will really care about him. Even if Willian adds more goals and more assists to go on top of his general all round play he will be forgotten.

I'm glad he's found his feet and found a higher level than what he had here but don't think we should regret selling him, I think going from Chelsea to Wolfsburg, it's easier to succeed, less pressure and not as much of a demand to win than going from Werder to Chelsea, coming from finishing mid table, comfortable where they are to a club where it is win win win or come under scrutiny. Not trying to undermine what he's done, like I've said he's done very well, was very much the driving force for Wolfsburg but as good as he and they were, I think the Bundesliga was refreshing but also disappointing at the same time because Dortmund and Schalke were quite shite and finished lower than they normally do so other teams had the chance to take their places.

I think if he goes to City he could have the same as what he had here, I think the best thing for him is another year to improve and replicate that stats there, one season wonders have happened before. He wasn't even the best player Mourinho sold since coming back, Mata clearly was but do people regret it as much now? Not really. For me the same applies with Kev sadly. I think if our own number 10 (Oscar) was consistent and played to his potential and actually played at the same level as he did for a period of time last year before playing terribly then we wouldn't really care.

Have to be honest, for over £45M, City can have him. A vastly inflated price and overrated player, especially after seeing some of the posts in this thread, a very good player yes, had a great season last year yes and he has rebuilt his career after a difficult 6 months at Chelsea yes but cmon he is hardly world class like you'd believe reading some posts.

I avoid this thread sometimes, its like a wankfest because he had a good season after he left here, in a team where he is obviously the best player. Its almost like half the forum is more content in bashing Jose for selling him, when it was obvious he wasn't cut out to play here at the time. Is that Jose's fault? He wasn't demoted to the U21s for no reason, he was shite against a Championship/League 1 team, he refused to follow tactical orders or whatever.. make whatever excuses up about his time here you want, it doesn't change the fact we won the title without him last year and did alright after he was sold too.

Nobody was really bothered then but after one good season in a team (which is a pretty good team but not at the same level as ours), where he is the best player, everyone comes out and says oh we made a mistake. If Oscar plays as well as he did in pre-season and has a consistent year, I don't think people will really care about him. Even if Willian adds more goals and more assists to go on top of his general all round play he will be forgotten.

I'm glad he's found his feet and found a higher level than what he had here but don't think we should regret selling him, I think going from Chelsea to Wolfsburg, it's easier to succeed, less pressure and not as much of a demand to win than going from Werder to Chelsea, coming from finishing mid table, comfortable where they are to a club where it is win win win or come under scrutiny. Not trying to undermine what he's done, like I've said he's done very well, was very much the driving force for Wolfsburg but as good as he and they were, I think the Bundesliga was refreshing but also disappointing at the same time because Dortmund and Schalke were quite shite and finished lower than they normally do so other teams had the chance to take their places.

I think if he goes to City he could have the same as what he had here, I think the best thing for him is another year to improve and replicate that stats there, one season wonders have happened before. He wasn't even the best player Mourinho sold since coming back, Mata clearly was but do people regret it as much now? Not really. For me the same applies with Kev sadly. I think if our own number 10 (Oscar) was consistent and played to his potential and actually played at the same level as he did for a period of time last year before playing terribly then we wouldn't really care.

He was voted the best player in Germany last season. That's a massive achieve for someone in his debut season and not playing at Bayern. £45m is lot of money, but it would be better spent on him rather than Sterling IMO.

He was voted the best player in Germany last season. That's a massive achieve for someone in his debut season and not playing at Bayern. £45m is lot of money, but it would be better spent on him rather than Sterling IMO.

Sterling. PL proven, stepped up after Suarez left and improved, was their most influential player despite having off the field issues. I think hes a better player and is a better investment than De Bruyne tbf. Sterlings always improved, I think if De Bruyne does another year and gets similar performances and stats then he should move but fuck knows. I personally see him going to City and not replicating that sort of year and then it makes people question him and his price. Fair enough he'd be a City player.. I generally don't see why we are so worried about him to be fair.

Arjen Robben is the only player we should be gutted that we let leave because he is a genuine world class wide player who would walk into any side.

I've seen the Sturridge thread have similar sort of posts to what has been put in here after he went to Liverpool and was banging them in with Suarez but still not fussed we let him go.

Sterling. PL proven, stepped up after Suarez left and improved, was their most influential player despite having off the field issues. I think hes a better player and is a better investment than De Bruyne tbf. Sterlings always improved, I think if De Bruyne does another year and gets similar performances and stats then he should move but fuck knows. I personally see him going to City and not replicating that sort of year and then it makes people question him and his price. Fair enough he'd be a City player.. I generally don't see why we are so worried about him to be fair.

Arjen Robben is the only player we should be gutted that we let leave because he is a genuine world class wide player who would walk into any side.

I've seen the Sturridge thread have similar sort of posts to what has been put in here after he went to Liverpool and was banging them in with Suarez but still not fussed we let him go.

IMO KDB is twice the player Sterling ist. Just because Sterling is PL proven does not mean he is better. KDB might be Wolfsburg star player in a tailor-made system, but he performs to amazing efficiency. The consistency at that age is what makes him special.

But I can't see him replicating his Vfl form here either. Still he will come back to england as a matured player. He knows how to make an impact by now. But I don't see him fitting in City's system. The got enough lazy payers already. I guess he will be Yaya's long term replacement which will mean City have to change their style.

Robben was sold because our medical team could not keep him fit. He had the same injury problems at Real, but Dr. müller-wohlfart is specialized on his kind of knee and groins problems so bayern could get him fit faster. But we probably just should have upgraded our medics instead of selling him. could have even got dr.müller-wohlfahrt (Bayern obviously did not pay him too well as he is completely broke now btw)

Sturridge was a mistake as it meant keeping and playing torres without alternative. cost us one season. also he scored like 13 goals in 19 games from the right wing under AVB. would still be useful having a left-footed player who can actually score in the team.

I can't find any career assists stats for Eden. But I would never call him inefficient. He won Chelsea the title last year. No Hazard, probably no title.

KDB being more efficient than Hazard doesn't automatically mean that Hazard is inefficient. Just less efficient than KDB. Comparing club & country statistics.

Obviously Hazard had better stats in the 13/14 season. KDB only played half a season then being benched at Chelsea. But he still did really well for Wolfsburg in the second half of the season considering. Scoring 3 and assisting 6 in just 16 Bundesliga games. In a new team without any match rhythm.

Looking at our poor start, and the way City have impressed last night with a rejuvenated Touré & Kompany, admittedly against a pathetic WBA side, I'm afraid it's going to take more than just Hazard to be champions again this year.

I wish we'd bid for Berahino and/or Mané. They would be really useful additions to our attacking game.

Anyway, KTBFFH!

Will be strange though if we'd see KDB play against us next weekend..