Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Looks great - on paper.

Aguero seems to be getting a lot of injuries these days.

Silva is still good but isn't getting any younger.

Will De Bruyne be able to adapt to the demands of the Premier League?

Sterling is still young and erratic right now.

Toure blows hot and cold and if his age is anything to go by, he's already past his best.

On top of that, none of the players above are really hard workers and teams can easily take advantage of that if they play their cards right.

Agreed, this line up is ridiculously soft.

Fernandinho would have tons of work, even more than he had last season. And he's not even a DM originally.

i also dont think KDB is that great but thats a different subject. Im really waiting to see him again in PL, so much hype and i seriously cant undertstand it. Many people i know or read online are talking about him as world class talent when they watched him maybe 2 times. It will be nice to understand if he's really that good, or that i was right.

It's already one thing we let him go so easily ... But now I also read we didn't even negotiate a sell on-clause???!!! :fainthv9::fainthv9:

So 1,5 year ago he was still a Blue... Today, Wolfsburg have even a strong hand in denying a 46£-64€ million offer!!

I REALLY hope we learn from his case! NO more things like this in the future.

It's already one thing we let him go so easily ... But now I also read we didn't even negotiate a sell on-clause???!!! :fainthv9::fainthv9:

So 1,5 year ago he was still a Blue... Today, Wolfsburg have even a strong hand in denying a 46£-64€ million offer!!

I REALLY hope we learn from his case! NO more things like this in the future.

And for this reason I don't care if he comes to City and turns out good.

It needs to teach us a lesson.

I wonder if that's why the board are pushing Mourinho to give time to younger players?

Said it before, it's built on sand and it's a top heavy team.

Fernando-Toure will collapse when pressed and their CBs will not be able to help them either. Mangala is poor and it looks like injuries have finally caught up with Kompany. They only have 1 good FB and that's Zabaleta.

Our team overall and now we have Baba (he did his lap of honour last week, his mind os already here) we have the best overall team in the league, especially if Iva is dropped and Zouma rotated in every now and again.

Even as a Belgian, I think that's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on him. Two Belgian players would maybe be worth that sum: Hazard and a younger Vincent Kompany.

Also, it's a dumb move for KDB. He'd better stay at Wolfsburg and then go to an actual top team next year or the year after.

While we actually have legitimate income compared to City. Not to mention our Yokohama deal is one of the best in the business and the general increase in PL income, yet we spend basically nothing.

Infuriating isn't it?

If we end this transfer window without a single player capable of being a starter it'll be a disaster of a summer.

Still mind boggling that a team that already scored the most goals in the league last season will have spent well over £100m on attacking players this summer. And that's after being fined for breaching FFP. The same FFP that we're terrified of for some reason.

30m pounds on Stones and 18m pounds on Baba is far from nothing, if we get it done like the club is trying to do. Although i would agree not getting any reinforcement (at least one) in midfield seems silly and dangerous.

About City spending tons on more attackers after scoring the most goals - its all about philosophy, Pellegrini believes that you need to win by playing open and attack attack attack, he scored the most goals but he didnt won the title, so he wants more goals rather than fix the defensive problems. Yaya is the best example for that. Pellegrini must know by now that playing him in CM destroys his defense, but he prefers to keep him there because of his attacking contribution. One thing is a sure thing - City will continue to be an embarrassment in Champions League. I dont think they will win the league like that, imo the title depends on our form, i believe City are the 2nd favorites.

Infuriating isn't it?

If we end this transfer window without a single player capable of being a starter it'll be a disaster of a summer.

I think that's a little harsh as Begovic would start over every GK in the PL besides Cech, Courtois, Lloris and de Gea, but I see your point as he has ultimately been signed as a 2nd choice player.

Still mind boggling that a team that already scored the most goals in the league last season will have spent well over £100m on attacking players this summer. And that's after being fined for breaching FFP. The same FFP that we're terrified of for some reason.

Still with this? Are you not aware that FFP have been relaxed mainly because of the EPL giant revenue stream.

They realized that it will create an uncompetitive edge because with EPL TV deals we would make more money then most teams and thus outspend....

If we are not spending is because we don't need much other then defenders. That is the impression the club and the manager are giving.

Plus I still think they could, a big could give more time to younger players this season.....we shall see!

As Liverpool proved just a couple of seasons ago, if you have a ridiculously good attack you can mask your defensive deficiencies. And there's no way City's defense will be as poor as Liverpool's was.

Especially after they got Jason Denayer back from his loan spell at Celtic. Massively talented young defender who I can see becoming a regular starter for City if they start conceding silly goals.