Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

too see the competition.

I watch every united game so far and other ICC games

If ever there was an example of preseason being meaningless it was yesterday when United beat Barca.

If ever there was an example of preseason being meaningless it was yesterday when United beat Barca.

WHY? Barca showed they are are 10x better than united yesterday, just unlucky by the score line.

Barcelona absolutely demolished their midfield with the so called great Morgan S, Carrick and young and mata on the wings...

You guys are pretty quiet after KDB's shit showing vs arsenal

I don't think his quality has ever been questioned. This is preseason, not the right time or place to evaluate players' quality.

I think I'm KDB's biggest fan around here and suspect that, barring our Belgian members, I've watched him play more often than anyone else who posts here. I watched him play for Genk after he had been signed and loaned back, I watched every game he played for Bremen which didn't clash with our fixtures and I watched every Belgium international for two seasons. Internationals during which he pretty much always outplayed Eden.

I became a fan because I was so impressed with what I saw from KDB during those five months for Genk. I believed that the talent he demonstrated gave him a chance to be a formidable contributor for Chelsea. There was a lot to admire in his play; his awareness around the box, his tremendous range of passing, brilliant shooting and his top of the line crosses. Here's the thing however, I've seldom been so impressed with him since.

Kevin attracted a lot of praise for his efforts at Bremen but undeservedly so in my opinion. There were good displays of course in the 20 odd performances I saw but, while I acknowledge that most people remember this differently, in my opinion there were also some dreadful ones. There were many times when I felt sure KDB would be dropped by Thomas Schaff after outings that featured sloppy passing, ineffective decisions, and serious tactical indiscipline. He never was benched however.

There was a brief moment when my optimism returned after that amazing assist against Hull at The Bridge. It had a beautiful simplicity and absolute perfection that encapsulated what I liked about KDB in the first place. Unfortunately my hopes that we would see Genk Kevin were dashed and I felt that what we saw in a Chelsea shirt was the Werder Bremen version. By the time Jose allowed him to leave, I was forced to admit that it was probably the right decision.

Since then I've only seen Kevin in internationals and in four games for Wolfsburg. In just one of those, vs Bayern, did he play well. Admittedly he was spectacular in that match but Bayern were amateurish and played directly into Kevin's strengths. They got exactly what they deserved as he tore them apart.

The upshot is that I think KDB flatters to deceive and I would be surprised if he is able to repeat the incredible statistical output he achieved last season. As I say, I'm a big fan and I'd be delighted if he does but in the end I don't think Kevin is as good as those numbers make him appear to be.

He never done it in a Chelsea shirt. He played shit against Swindon and was sent to train with the u21s, I don't care if hes the best attacking midfielder in Germany now or not he made an absolute mess of his chance here. Wolfsburg aren't a top top club, Chelsea is. I still don't regret selling him, the only guy who I am gutted we sold is Robben because although he wanted to go he turned out to be amazing.

He'll be off to Bayern or City during this window.

THERE is 0 chance he signs for Munich this window and zero chance munich will pay 60m for KDB ever.

Munich signed Costa and Vidal and Kimmich this summer.

THERE is 0 chance he signs for Munich this window and zero chance munich will pay 60m for KDB ever.

I'm not sure about any rumoured fee, but I can see him replacing Gotze if he leaves.

Kevin De Bruyne expected to be Manchester City’s final summer signing

Wolfsburg open to selling midfielder

Fee likely to be around £48m

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/05/kevin-de-bruyne-manchester-city-wolfsburg

Really looking forward to see this guy return to the PL. I want to know if he can do it here. As a lot of Bundesliga players recently have disappointed.

Kevin De Bruyne expected to be Manchester City’s final summer signing

• Wolfsburg open to selling midfielder

• Fee likely to be around £48m

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/05/kevin-de-bruyne-manchester-city-wolfsburg

Really looking forward to see this guy return to the PL. I want to know if he can do it here. As a lot of Bundesliga players recently have disappointed.

I really don't look forward to it as he will transform any rival of ours into a much better team. I hope he goes to Bayern and they ditch Gotze to PL.

And that aside, I couldn't stand media praising his amazing stats and attack Jose at how he sold him and didn't give him a proper chance.

I really don't look forward to it as he will transform any rival of ours into a much better team. I hope he goes to Bayern and they ditch Gotze to PL.

And that aside, I couldn't stand media praising his amazing stats and attack Jose at how he sold him and didn't give him a proper chance.

Could care less about that.

Mourinho is not good with youth so it's the truth.

Could care less about that.

Mourinho is not good with youth so it's the truth.

Your choice, but I do care about every point we play for, and every bad story media unleashes has a potential to take some points away from us.

In the last couple of years Mourinho produced 2 great players in Varane and Zouma and comparing that to Wenger, Jose beats him there. Same for Real Madrid and City.

I still agree Jose isn't youngsters dream, but I find the story of Chelsea and Jose being bad for young players a simple media spinoff.