Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Pretty obvious that Jose listed only wingers. And he didn't consider Oscar as a winger, but as a "number 10".

Which would mean that for Mourinho Oscar was the only #10 and therefore a nailed on starter, like I said.

I think there is an important fallacy here. He is not the main focus in the NT. No way, nor Eden. I also think that is why Wilmots is such an inept trainer. He is making fucking Fellaini the focus of the team (see WC, see Wales, etc in contrast to France where he wasn't on the pitch).

Think about that before we all go on the bandwagon. Also KDB played into the entire NT youth league with Eden and other little starlets. No problem here.

The only issue imo was that he wanted to play a WC really bad and did NOT get any playing time. The NT coach added pressure in the belgian media saying that if yoy did not play in your team = no WC.

People are quick to judge but on the other hand forget Oscars way of dealing with the WC for example. We may not value those national competitions as fans, but the players do.

I believe this is true but its's more like a combination of both.

Because of wc and also because he didn't had the patience.

Actually I think the whole story isn't so difficult to understand.

KDB had a great preseason & a good start of the season. After the dreadful team performance against Man U, Mourinho dropped KDB from the team.

KDB probably thought he was the one to blame and got picked on. This was clearly not the case and could never be Mou's intention.

Eventually this got off to a bad chemistry between Mou & KDB. Probably also shown in training. Which resulted in more bench time and eventually he was even dropped out of the team.

You can blame KDB for sure for not fighting for his spot and leaving this 'non issue saga' behind him. But you can also easily blame Mou for letting it get so far.

Clearly this was a non issue. Mou just had to talk with KDB (like all good managers do) and tell him what was happening (KDB mentioned in several interviews that MOU NEVER ever spoke to him!!).

If he would have talked to him about this thing, none of this would have happened. KDB would be in the team again and would have probably played a great season.

A manager should not run behind his players. A player who feels bad, needs to deal with this himself. However... if, as a manager, you feel things are going to wrong way... You need to take action. I can only think that Mou is just to stubborn or proud to deal with such items. And for me this is just bad management. This was a non issue that eventually led to KDB leaving the club!

Of course the factor World Cup year was a massive one in this story. Any other year... none of this would probably have happened.

BUT if KDB would return to the EPL for fucking 80million(!!!)... and he becomes decisive for Man City, there are only 2 conclusion to this story

• Mou is stubborn and this bad management led to a missed opportunity of around of 60 million(!!!) => Wolfsburg says Thank You Mucho!
  • But most importantly: we lost a great player because of this whole 'non issue'. And f** yeah we could have used him!!!!!!

I hope lesson are learned out of this!

Hence the reason I want to see him in the EPL weather it be City, United, Liverpool etc etc.

I want to see what he is all about.

If he is the real deal, or another of those players that do good in the Bundesliga and fail outside?

And if he does make us regret it when at EPL then it will be good. As it would make us act more carefully next time.

Weren't you always telling the Skipper amoungst others to get over it and even resorted to calling him a Sturridge fanboy for making similar posts in Danny's thread to what you do in this one?

Good to see you haven't dropped your sheer hypocrisy :)

I think you are mistaken seems you have a serious issue with me .. GET OVER IT

sick of Sturridge fan boys on here ,,, bye

You're response to a post by The Skipper on Sturridge which are similar to the ones you make about KDB (I'm talking in the point made not quality of the post, I'll never insult Skip by comparing him to you in that regard).

I think you are the one with the issues, you are the one that randomly insults other members just because they have different opinions, potential new members probably see that and run a mile, we could have missed out on New members on the quality of Peace because of you, god knows what you have on the admins to not even get warning when the likes of Kojo and TOPTB got banned for less.

You're response to a post by The Skipper on Sturridge which are similar to the ones you make about KDB (I'm talking in the point made not quality of the post, I'll never insult Skip by comparing him to you in that regard).

I think you are the one with the issues, you are the one that randomly insults other members just because they have different opinions, potential new members probably see that and run a mile, we could have missed out on New members on the quality of Peace because of you, god knows what you have on the admins to not even get warning when the likes of Kojo and TOPTB got banned for less.

I attempted to send this as a pm to you ,,, but you have blocked it .

I do not intend to carry on a slanging match in public , this is the message I tried to send....

I have no idea what I did to upset you so much ,, but obviously it was something .. suggest you ignore my posts and get on with your life

instead of searching for things I may said 3 or more years ago.

I have you now on ignore suggest you reciprocate

A lot of people - me included - have been saying that the reason he asked to leave is because he needs to be THE guy in a team. He needs to have free reign, be assured of his importance. I'd love to see him in a team filled with stars. His problem isn't even about only being a titular in the starting XI, it's entirely about having a team around him. As Mourinho said, it doesn't make him a bad guy or player, it's the way he is, but don't try to pretend many people weren't saying that was what was going on mostly based on what Kevin had said himself (as Mourinho hasn't said much about it). He had made it crystal clear he needs to be star #1 in a team, or at most #2, otherwise, he gets frustrated and it affects his play, simple as that.

It doesn't mean though Mourinho shouldn't have given him what he wanted, maybe he was worth the exception, but when I look to Belgium NT where he is the star and not Hazard and when I look to Chelsea where Mourinho chose to make Hazard the team's star, I don't have many doubts about what the right decision in this situation was given the scenario Kevin needs to perform his best.

Yep.

That's way of the truth tbh. First both parties aren't fully honest about it, remember when we bought Willian at the end of august? I guess Mourinho already saw what he didn't like about Mata/KDB/Schürrle, and went ahead to get a player that fitted his profile.

Also, KDB was also benched before the Manchester United game. I remember him being given MoTM (altough Oscar played slightly better) against Hull, but a week later he was benched for Mata. Mata didn't perform well in that game so KDB got the nod again against Man U.

Im sure you didn't see alot of Belgium games prior to the WC, if you assume that Hazard wasn't chosen to be the National Team star. He actually had that role. Wilmots is probably his biggest fan, and has tried to accomodate the squad to Eden time and time again. KDB was pushed out wide alot of times so that Eden would have more time on the ball. KDB actually just started playing as our N10 after the World Cup (he mainly played as a right winger before). Eden was and is given alot of responsibility (Wilmots even made him vice-captain), but aside from 1 or 2 almost meaningless matches he never shone for Belgium. Eden's biggest weakness tbh is his lack of true killer instinct, there's no denying that KDB was alot more prolific in goalscoring and keypasses for the NT being played out of position.

Same as KDB, Eden also doesn't like it if he's not the main man. I remember him being subbed in a qualifier, and after the game he was spotted eating a hamburger (he got alot of flack for that in the media). Recently he was visibily pissed when Wilmots subbed him around the 60th minute mark. Also at Chelsea, remember him missing his train and being benched by Mourinho in favor of Schürrle (a CL match)? Him sitting in the stands with his hoodie on and brooding silently. You get the idea, im sure alot players of similar qualities would react the same way as Kevin.

Eden and Oscar we're Mourinho favorites from the start, and never actually had to fight for their places when they dropped form like KDB, Mata, and Schürrle.

I agree though that KDB needs to play regularly to reach good form. Rarely will he make an impact as a super-sub. Being given main man status is a pile of rubbish though, he can play pretty well in different positions, and has proven that in the past.

That's way of the truth tbh. First both parties aren't fully honest about it, remember when we bought Willian at the end of august? I guess Mourinho already saw what he didn't like about Mata/KDB/Schürrle, and went ahead to get a player that fitted his profile.

Also, KDB was also benched before the Manchester United game. I remember him being given MoTM (altough Oscar played slightly better) against Hull, but a week later he was benched for Mata. Mata didn't perform well in that game so KDB got the nod again against Man U.

Im sure you didn't see alot of Belgium games prior to the WC, if you assume that Hazard wasn't chosen to be the National Team star. He actually had that role. Wilmots is probably his biggest fan, and has tried to accomodate the squad to Eden time and time again. KDB was pushed out wide alot of times so that Eden would have more time on the ball. KDB actually just started playing as our N10 after the World Cup (he mainly played as a right winger before). Eden was and is given alot of responsibility (Wilmots even made him vice-captain), but aside from 1 or 2 almost meaningless matches he never shone for Belgium. Eden's biggest weakness tbh is his lack of true killer instinct, KDB was alot more prolific in goalscoring and keypasses for the NT being played out of position.

Same as KDB, Eden also doesn't like it if he's not the main man. I remember him being subbed in a qualifier, and after the game he was spotted eating a hamburger (he got alot of flack for that in the media). Recently he was visibily pissed when Wilmots subbed him around the 60th minute mark. Also at Chelsea, remember him missing his train and being benched by Mourinho in favor of Schürrle (a CL match)? Him sitting in the stands with his hoodie on and brooding silently. You get the idea, im sure alot players of similar qualities would react the same way as Kevin.

Eden and Oscar we're Mourinho favorites from the start, and never actually had to fight for their places when they dropped form like KDB, Mata, and Schürrle.

I agree though that KDB needs to play regularly to reach good form. Rarely will he make an impact as a super-sub.

That's only my opinion about the few facts that reached us, knowing many things don't. It doesn't mean it's the truth. My main point was that even before Mourinho said that, many people already thought it based on what Kevin and even his current manager said throughout the months. In no way I'm saying that's the truth, just my perception.

As for Belgium, I watched at least 75% of their WCQ, and that's how I know the team was built around Kevin - on merit - the WC itself he faded into a shadow of himself, also showing he isn't as ready to deal with pressure as he might think he is. The only occasion he played in the big stage he failed, which is why I said I'd love for him to play in a team full of stars and see how he does because it means that's a team reaching the last four in UCL and if the country is England, it may also mean fighting neck by neck for the title.

I also think Mourinho did nothing wrong playing Mata against Villa. Mata was the team's best player the previous season, he deserved a chance . No reason for Kevin to sulk about it. Had he sucked it up, the story could have been different. He thought one match made him entitled to claim the position, which never is the case, especially when a manager has just arrived and naturally is going to make a lot of tests and is getting to know his players.

That's only my opinion about the few facts that reached us, knowing many things don't. It doesn't mean it's the truth. I was just saying that even before Mourinho said that, many people already thought it based on what Kevin and even his current manager said throughout the months. In no way I'm saying that's the truth, just my perception.

Yeah, but it is easy to get biased if you don't have the full picture. Anyway, im still pretty sure Mourinho made the right decision in hindsight, and that Oscar fits better when in form (in our system). Sometimes he's too quick in judgement about certain kind of players though. Im pretty sure that most members would rather have players like Mata/KDB/Schürrle/Luiz in favor of players like Salah, Cuadrado, Mikel, and Ramires.

Yeah, but it is easy to get biased if you don't have the full picture. Anyway, im still pretty sure Mourinho made the right decision in hindsight, and that Oscar fits better when in form (in our system). Sometimes he's too quick in judgement about certain kind of players though. Im pretty sure that most members would rather have players like Mata/KDB/Schürrle/Luiz in favor of players like Salah, Cuadrado, Mikel, and Ramires.

Absolutely. But he also doesn't like to go against players' wishes. Most of those guys weren't happy with their sub status in the team, especially ahead of the WC, and Mourinho is just too proud and has a big ego, so he won't try to convince them to change their minds. I actually believe we made a mistake letting Schurrle go (even if he asked to leave) and I think the timing for Kev was off. He'd really fit our system, but his personality and Mourinho's wad always going to clash. Had he come later, more mature and established, I think it would have worked. Mourinho may need to be more flexible.

I doubt he would turn down the chance to work with Mou again, but the club won't buy him back, simply because we aren't a spending club anymore now our team is rebuilt and young blood coming through. For the WC 2018 there could easily be a Chelsea spine in place; Cahill; RLC; Colkett; Bamford or Solanke. I remember somebody mentioning Boga being eligible to play for England too no idea about that.

My point is that Mou is relying on the team to mature while finding an in house solution to that CM and rw problem.

Be good if Oscar could score 10 goals and give 22 assists

KdB was just another young talented player with a very big ego who thought he had done enough to deserve to be starting each game. Thers many players with big egos and theres nothing wrong with that if theyre as good as they think they are.

But you watch any player who gets benched for no apparent reason. They all go into a strop. And IF they really are as good as they think then you cant really blame them if they want to go play somewhere that they will start. And its the same if they want silverware. They will play somewhere that they can win if theyve that much ambition.

Just watch Eden if we go silverware less. That lads got an ego and full of ambition.

Actually I think the whole story isn't so difficult to understand.

KDB had a great preseason & a good start of the season. After the dreadful team performance against Man U, Mourinho dropped KDB from the team.

KDB probably thought he was the one to blame and got picked on. This was clearly not the case and could never be Mou's intention.

Eventually this got off to a bad chemistry between Mou & KDB. Probably also shown in training. Which resulted in more bench time and eventually he was even dropped out of the team.

You can blame KDB for sure for not fighting for his spot and leaving this 'non issue saga' behind him. But you can also easily blame Mou for letting it get so far.

Clearly this was a non issue. Mou just had to talk with KDB (like all good managers do) and tell him what was happening (KDB mentioned in several interviews that MOU NEVER ever spoke to him!!).

If he would have talked to him about this thing, none of this would have happened. KDB would be in the team again and would have probably played a great season.

A manager should not run behind his players. A player who feels bad, needs to deal with this himself. However... if, as a manager, you feel things are going to wrong way... You need to take action. I can only think that Mou is just to stubborn or proud to deal with such items. And for me this is just bad management. This was a non issue that eventually led to KDB leaving the club!

Of course the factor World Cup year was a massive one in this story. Any other year... none of this would probably have happened.

BUT if KDB would return to the EPL for fucking 80million(!!!)... and he becomes decisive for Man City, there are only 2 conclusion to this story

• Mou is stubborn and this bad management led to a missed opportunity of around of 60 million(!!!) => Wolfsburg says Thank You Mucho!
  • But most importantly: we lost a great player because of this whole 'non issue'. And f** yeah we could have used him!!!!!!

I hope lesson are learned out of this!

I don't believe the manager should be telling a player why he did and didn't pick. You want him to go to each player before every matchday to tell him why he didn't pick him? A manager is supposed to explain his decisions to the players?

Mou himself has said that he NEVER talks to players about his selections for this very reason. But, if they want to talk, his door is open.

If I'm a player and I want to know why I wasn't chosen, I go and ask the manager. To expect the manager to come tell me why he didn't pick me is ridiculous and should not be expected.

And I don't think Mou didn't pick him cause he was stubborn or something. If Mou thought he was good enough he would have picked him. If he wanted to keep him he would have played him and convinced KDB to stay. There is no way Mou would be fine with losing a player he wants to keep.

I don't believe the manager should be telling a player why he did and didn't pick. You want him to go to each player before every matchday to tell him why he didn't pick him? A manager is supposed to explain his decisions to the players?

Mou himself has said that he NEVER talks to players about his selections for this very reason. But, if they want to talk, his door is open.

If I'm a player and I want to know why I wasn't chosen, I go and ask the manager. To expect the manager to come tell me why he didn't pick me is ridiculous and should not be expected.

And I don't think Mou didn't pick him cause he was stubborn or something. If Mou thought he was good enough he would have picked him. If he wanted to keep him he would have played him and convinced KDB to stay. There is no way Mou would be fine with losing a player he wants to keep.

sometimes it seems people expect managers to be nannies, instead of your boss who doesn't have to justify his every choice.

Do their bosses do that in their work? Managers aren't babysitters and if someone's so fragile he can't handle being dropped once, well, then there's a further problem.

I do believe Mourinho could have showed more patience, but the kid wanted to leave and Mourinho - being proud the way he is - didn't bother to talk to him and convince him to stay. That's the conversation that could have happened (the one when Kevin asked to leave), but I agree with you, having to justify his choices all the time isn't something any manager do. I don't get this idea that good managers would have done that.

I am on one of those who acknowledge Oscar has been very inconsistent but I am not in the camp calling for him to leave because I think he will be a big player for this season and hopefully many more however I do not see how he fits in our system better than KDB. I can understand you saying that about Mata because he cannot run and track back however KDB has vision, dribbling, stamina and pretty much everything. He would have been perfect once he got into his rythm. He is like a complete no.10.

I am on one of those who acknowledge Oscar has been very inconsistent but I am not in the camp calling for him to leave because I think he will be a big player for this season and hopefully many more however I do not see how he fits in our system better than KDB. I can understand you saying that about Mata because he cannot run and track back however KDB has vision, dribbling, stamina and pretty much everything. He would have been perfect once he got into his rythm. He is like a complete no.10.

He didn't want to wait. Damn shame