Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Yeah, that one actually made me laugh out loud.

Let him first prove that he's better than Antony VDB - which he's absolutely not if I'm concerned - and then we can talk about being better than players in other positions.

This could have only come from a Bruges fan. First in the league for the first time in 10 years and they think they're playing 11 Messis. ;-)

I'm not a Bruges fan at all. But it is very clear that you guys are Anderlechtfans, objective people would never put Vanden Borre ahead of Meunier.

I'm not a Bruges fan at all. But it is very clear that you guys are Anderlechtfans, objective people would never put Vanden Borre ahead of Meunier.

I have more sympathie for Anderlecht than for Bruges but objectively seen Meunier is the real deal and far better than VDB who in my eyes only tears on his talent, only with talent you won't make it nowadays.

I have more sympathie for Anderlecht than for Bruges but objectively seen Meunier is the real deal and far better than VDB who in my eyes only tears on his talent, only with talent you won't make it nowadays.

You are talking about VDB when he was younger. He has worked very, VERY hard to return to the level he is now. He started playing at Anderlecht for no fee at all until he proved himself again and they gave him a real contract. You don't get to play in the national team if you don't make an effort these days.

And it was not the fact that he thinks Meunier is better than VDB that was ridiculous, but that he said he was BY FAR the best player in the league. So he's better than: Ryan, Vasquez, Thielemans, Praet, Defour, Suarez, Mbemba, etc, etc...? How? Why?

My clearest memory of VDB is an qualifier against Spain in 2008 - our darkest year as a national team - where he was the best man on the pitch by far and there were literally no Spanish attacks coming from his side. He was downright impressive. We lost though, but by only one goal.

You are talking about VDB when he was younger. He has worked very, VERY hard to return to the level he is now. He started playing at Anderlecht for no fee at all until he proved himself again and they gave him a real contract. You don't get to play in the national team if you don't make an effort these days.

And it was not the fact that he thinks Meunier is better than VDB that was ridiculous, but that he said he was BY FAR the best player in the league. So he's better than: Ryan, Vasquez, Thielemans, Praet, Defour, Suarez, Mbemba, etc, etc...? How? Why?

My clearest memory of VDB is an qualifier against Spain in 2008 - our darkest year as a national team - where he was the best man on the pitch by far and there were literally no Spanish attacks coming from his side. He was downright impressive. We lost though, but by only one goal.

I know you think he can't be better than Tielemans, Praet, Defour, Suarez, Mbemba, Proto, Mitrovic, Najar, Vanden Borre, Acheampong, Heylen, etc. But imo, he is better. Although I really appreciate Praet too, a lot more than Vazquez.

Will guys give it a rest on the belgian players in here. Start a dedicated thread or something. I don't give a flying F*** about VDB or Meunier.

flying_fuck_by_british_pirate-d6035al.pn

Cheers :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Yeah, sorry. That was way off topic indeed. Johnny just keeps pushing, I shouldn't have reacted to it.

Is that realistic? Does he have any interest in coming back?

The right question I think. It doesn't seem to me that he'd be prepared to return or that Jose would want him for that matter. I don't think his links to the club, through his mother, would make any difference. On the other hand, if we did want him then I suppose the new TV deal might. :)