Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Yes, I was at the stadium, De Bruyne deservedly got the MOTM award. Not only because of the two goals and the assist but he was just all over the pitch, constant threat, incredible work rate, engine & brains of this Belgian NT.

Origi indeed fantastic too. Nainggolan impressive as well. Completes my top three.

• 2 weeks later...

Seven would be correct. And his mediocre team is now second in the league.

Dortmund is almost last btw. Which is completely inexplicable if you saw how they played in the CL. They were 2 levels above Arsenal, left Anderlecht clueless at home and completely humiliated Galatasaray...

So glad for him, if he keeps this up for this season and the next, he will really be ready for the next level...

At that time I was pretty disappointed we sold him,

I rarley doubt Mourinho and i stand behind his decisions 100%, but it seemed to me like it was personal between him and De Bruyne more than proffesional.

Obviously today the team is working well and winning so who could argue it was a mistake,

but everytime i check on him at the BL i can't hold myself from thinking "what if". I still think he has a place in our squad (we have Salah :\).

Anyway, he's young and his future is bright.

At that time I was pretty disappointed we sold him,

I rarley doubt Mourinho and i stand behind his decisions 100%, but it seemed to me like it was personal between him and De Bruyne more than proffesional.

Obviously today the team is working well and winning so who could argue it was a mistake,

but everytime i check on him at the BL i can't hold myself from thinking "what if". I still think he has a place in our squad (we have Salah :\).

Anyway, he's young and his future is bright.

Salah seems content to be a squad player, De Bruyne wasn't.

Salah seems content to be a squad player, De Bruyne wasn't.

That is indeed the difference. De Bruyne always has been a player who needs games to be at his best, a bit of a slow starter. He wasn't going to get those games at Chelsea last season so he chose to leave. A bit of a shame, because he fits this season's Chelsea's game perfectly and would have fitted in nicely with Hazard, Fabregas en Oscar. And a striker like Costa is ideal for someone like De Bruyne who can play every type of assists (through balls, crosses,...). But with the WC in mind, he never would have stayed an entire season playing only a few games now and then.

Curious where he'll go next, because he won't stay for long at Wolfsburg. He's playing at top form at the moment and really made the number 10 position his own at Wolfsburg : 15 games, 8 assists, 4 goals.