Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Hopefully that's a bit of hyperbole because Lukaku and Benteke certainly aren't "head and shoulders" above the likes of Neymar, Jovetic, Balotelli, Sturridge, Pato and Luis Muriel.

Better than El Shaaraway?

A bit of a hyperbole perhaps, and what I did mean was U21 (those elegible for that WhoScored team) - Jovetic, Balotelli, Sturridge, Pato weren't U21 when the season when the season started.

Don't really consider Neymar or El Sharaawy as out and out strikers either.

Hey Peace,

Love your posts but there are a lot of maybes in it ...

I just singled one out: I do think it is only natural that what Debruyne, the board and the manager want in agreement - will happen. Nobody says otherwise. Furthermore, he will be part of the Belgian NT even if he has to sit out a couple of games in Chelsea. Belgium would be foolish to leave him here when (if) going to Brazil. Fearing he might not make the team is overstating things : he was the best player in the NT. No way Wilmots is gonna leave him home.

Also: KDB has repeatedly indicated that he wants to play for Chelsea. Multiple times, actually. Of course he wants playing time - he has indeed indicated that. But there was never any mentioning a guarantee. I feel he just ants a fair shot.

That's all. If he doesn't get a chance to take that shot - due to loan spells, feeling underrated (which he has indicated once - KDB has a loose tongue a bit) isn't gonna make him more loyal or enthousiastic about the eventual, future prospect of playing here. I believe he will slip through our hands if we do that - hence the incomprehensibility of adding Schurrle in an exchange deal with KDB. That way he is regarded not as a goal 'an sich', but as a means to get to another goal (Schurrle). One can only wonder and gamble on what this does to the mind of a boy like him. We don't know.

Ouaip, I know there's a lot of "if" and "maybe" into my comment. Though, that's not because I am building castles into the air ; but that's because I am not adopting a "I am right and you are wrong" stance. Actually, my understanding about de Bruyne is not good enough, just as my knowledge of your National team. Therefore, I cannot really profess whether he'll do this or that (and as a matter of fact, whether he'll go to Brazil and under which terms — as you mention in your first paragraph).

But in my honest opinion, there's been a "mouvement populaire" (Don't know how to say it in english... I believe you used, in the past, the expression "group thinking", to describe that) going in this forum. And once again to my honest opinion, this "mouvement populaire" wants the club to play de Bruyne, because these people rate him as a brillant player (for some reasons that I don't understand — but that's another debate) and mainly because, into my eyes, they love him.

To each his opinion — you can rate him as the next Jésus, it doesn't bother me. I have my own preferences, you have you own preferences, they have their own preferences. But what bothers me, it's the modus operandi which consist to spark mass dramas other this issue, and to consistently bash the board. I am not saying that the board are faultless and shouldn't be criticized, that's not that. It's just that from my neutral point of view, there's way too much drama about it ; it sounds as if we were changing our name to "we're a bunch of pussy FC".

I am just trying to think outside the box without any pretentiousness to say that my opinion is the only one valid. I'm just trying to give arguments to make understand that this deal is not as easy as "de Bruyne is good enough => the Club has to play him". There is many, many, many things to take into consideration to assess whether the Club's decision is right or wrong. And I am deeply convinced that the board has taken (or will take) the decision with the help of datas whom we are probably not even aware of their existence. Blowing things out of proportion like this won't get us anywhere ; actually, the bigger this bubble is, the bigger the blast will hit us hard.

Regarding your third paragraph. I am actually agree with you that he won't stay here after next summer if he is loaned again. But there's other points that raise my disagreement.

For instance, when you say "That way he is regarded not as a goal 'an sich', but as a means to get to another goal (Schurrle)". From what we know (ro at least from what I know...), saying that de Bruyne is a way to get Schürll is as stupid to say that Schürll is a way to get de Bruyne. I refuse to adhere to the concept according which a club of our standards would do anything to solely get a two millions pounds discount on a £22m player. I mean, we spend millions and millions... And if we were desperate to raise fund, then we would probably sell de Bruyne right now (as the money won on him would nearly be enough to buy Schürll). Though, I am agree with you, this deal give us the impression that de Bruyne is a tool. Moreover, the Club doesn't give me the impression to be that inclined to loan him to Leverkusen...

As for de Bruyne, he is entitled to be frustrated if he were to go on loan yet again. Who wouldn't ? But personally, if he cannot handle one more year one loan and wants to leave because of it... Then, I say screw him and let's 'waste' (not really the good word) our time on players like Lukaku, Courtois and Kalas who, despite having to endure more frustrating journeys than de Bruyne, are seemingly taking these possible new loans as opportunities to raise their game and be even more competent to integrate our team.

I rest my case here since I am probably losing the plot and not making any sense, lol.

Ouaip, I know there's a lot of "if" and "maybe" into my comment. Though, that's not because I am building castles into the air ; but that's because I am not adopting a "I am right and you are wrong" stance. Actually, my understanding about de Bruyne is not good enough, just as my knowledge of your National team. Therefore, I cannot really profess whether he'll do this or that (and as a matter of fact, whether he'll go to Brazil and under which terms — as you mention in your first paragraph).

But in my honest opinion, there's been a "mouvement populaire" (Don't know how to say it in english... I believe you used, in the past, the expression "group thinking", to describe that) going in this forum. And once again to my honest opinion, this "mouvement populaire" wants the club to play de Bruyne, because these people rate him as a brillant player (for some reasons that I don't understand — but that's another debate) and mainly because, into my eyes, they love him.

To each his opinion — you can rate him as the next Jésus, it doesn't bother me. I have my own preferences, you have you own preferences, they have their own preferences. But what bothers me, it's the modus operandi which consist to spark mass dramas other this issue, and to consistently bash the board. I am not saying that the board are faultless and shouldn't be criticized, that's not that. It's just that from my neutral point of view, there's way too much drama about it ; it sounds as if we were changing our name to "we're a bunch of pussy FC".

I am just trying to think outside the box without any pretentiousness to say that my opinion is the only one valid. I'm just trying to give arguments to make understand that this deal is not as easy as "de Bruyne is good enough => the Club has to play him". There is many, many, many things to take into consideration to assess whether the Club's decision is right or wrong. And I am deeply convinced that the board has taken (or will take) the decision with the help of datas whom we are probably not even aware of their existence. Blowing things out of proportion like this won't get us anywhere ; actually, the bigger this bubble is, the bigger the blast will hit us hard.

Regarding your third paragraph. I am actually agree with you that he won't stay here after next summer if he is loaned again. But there's other points that raise my disagreement.

For instance, when you say "That way he is regarded not as a goal 'an sich', but as a means to get to another goal (Schurrle)". From what we know (ro at least from what I know...), saying that de Bruyne is a way to get Schürll is as stupid to say that Schürll is a way to get de Bruyne. I refuse to adhere to the concept according which a club of our standards would do anything to solely get a two millions pounds discount on a £22m player. I mean, we spend millions and millions... And if we were desperate to raise fund, then we would probably sell de Bruyne right now (as the money won on him would nearly be enough to buy Schürll). Though, I am agree with you, this deal give us the impression that de Bruyne is a tool. Moreover, the Club doesn't give me the impression to be that inclined to loan him to Leverkusen...

As for de Bruyne, he is entitled to be frustrated if he were to go on loan yet again. Who wouldn't ? But personally, if he cannot handle one more year one loan and wants to leave because of it... Then, I say screw him and let's 'waste' (not really the good word) our time on players like Lukaku, Courtois and Kalas who, despite having to endure more frustrating journeys than de Bruyne, are seemingly taking these possible new loans as opportunities to raise their game and be even more competent to integrate our team.

I rest my case here since I am probably losing the plot and not making any sense, lol.

Yup no sense!

Yes there is group think for sure. The drama is too much - I sometimes feel it as well because it is a fellow country man.

But I believe @Choulo19 made a very good point. I f we have that kind of player, why would we bother with Schurlle?

For me, I think Schurrle will be a good but very wastefull player, that might lack some of the elements needed to fit into our attacking midfield.

It is also true that a club of our composure shouldn't be trading young talents like KDB the way it does for a couple of mil. Ridiculous. But I do disagree a player cannot be ambitious. He obviously is and do not be mistaken: so is Lukaku. Courtois is still silent now because of the success and the other loanees are as well (for different reasons - not being ready for example)

Lukaku expressed a serious desire in the belgian media to play for Chelsea and also he might be on the lookout for other places if this keeps NOT working out - hence one of his last interviews. KDB did just the same. It is not strange but all to human.

If we want to man manage players (boys as Mourinho) calls it, we have to treat them not only as players but also as men (boys - Mourinho) - with feelings desires, ambitions etc. This is not me saying this, this is a recent Mourinho quote i thoroughly agree with. It is the part that makes his leadership special for the players that love hims and sometime call him daddy (in a cheesy kind of way).

Like a society can be measured up to how you treat the weakest, a club can be measured up against how it treats it youngsters and loanees.

This is what Lukaku and Debruyne feel and express. If we are to disregard this, we are sadly a mere factory... with no way of creating ownership for the crest into the hearts of our youngsters.

ps: I am all too glad you do take me serious and take time to write that. Sometimes I do feel like fooling around too much makes people think I am nothing but a clown. Your reply proves you think otherwise and I respect that.

i dont get why people all the time compare KDB to Schürrle. they are completely different players. the other one more striker-esque, KDB more creativer player. i dont see KDB in our winger role, so why compare them? he is clearly better in the centre of the midfield and Schürrle wont play there. maybe our board thinks that we need an inside-forward on the wing, rahter a creative player, who lacks the speed and pace of Schürrle. who knows?

Who started the De Bruyne only plays well centrally myth? Looks like its this years very own version of "Hazard only signed because he wants to play AM".

Getting increasingly tempted into making a 10-15 video of KDB's best plays at Werder to finally dispel it.

Who started the De Bruyne only plays well centrally myth? Looks like its this years very own version of "Hazard only signed because he wants to play AM".

he is clearly better centrally than on the wing, if you look at his attributes.

Don't know, he played a bit everywhere, i'm sure we should asked him where is his preferred position :D

@Genk he played as left winger, but also as AM.

After he played as right winger, even as false 9 for Bremen and in the midfield a bit deeper.

He is versatile and he could really be our right winger or a playmaker from pivot (but need to make some progress with his def assets).

he is clearly better centrally than on the wing, if you look at his attributes.

He is in the same mould than Xabi Alonso, so yeah we can turn him as a regista and i would agree with you on this point. But now, i can't confirm you that this is his best position right now btw

I have so much expectations about this kid. I really hope he continues to develop so amazingly and he is one of the guys that Mourinho could help to develop starting this season.

I've been unsure about keeping him instead of letting him go on loan for another season, but with Mourinho and how he handled the interview yesterday, Kevin is now in the list of players I want to stay at the Bridge this season (along with Lukaku) because I think Mourinho could start ~molding them already and I'm sure Leverkusen's or Dortmund's managers (the ones that showed more interested in having him next season) won't help him as much as Mou. Mou is a great player developer and I think it's time some of our boys stay with us even if they won't have as many chances during the season.

José is very bold i.e. Varane and if he feels the boys are ready and the current positions ~owners aren't well, he without a doubt will promote the boys.

Also Kevin is an exciting player to watch.

De Bruyne braced for move as Chelsea winger admits: I don't know if Mourinho wants me to stay

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336127/Kevin-De-Bruyne-dark-Chelsea-future.html#ixzz2VKWl6IUw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You might think "hey hmmmm, I've seen this goal before (return game against Sparta EL) when you see KDB's first goal. Now go and watch sec 30' of this video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBgG28PzQ_M

Exact copy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwdPHL7W7q8

I would say let KDB bring his magic (and amazing crosses) to the Bridge!

ps: Just like Eden also KDB is known to be right footed :eyebrows:

Yo Peace,

appreciate the time & effort you put in your posts. To me they make sense.

First of all, where were you when I had to write my thesis :D ? Seems like could have been a hell of a help with your pen!!!!!

Although I understand what you are saying here above and I agree on some topics... must say that for me KDB should be called back to the Bridge.

Here's why I think he's ready:

• After crushing the Belgian League he now also proved his qualities in the German league. Being 'player to watch', keeping Werder in the Bundesliga with his actions & goals + being wanted by all major clubs in Germany (probably Bayern has also informed about a loan)... => solid season!
  • He's just a quality player with amazing talent that even a 5 year old (girl :ph34r: ) would notice how much potential he has! His crosses are sick! I haven't seen this crosses since Vercauteren (former belgian player) and Gerrard. He perfectly sweeps the ball in front of goal with both left & right (how many players can do that?!!) => thus providing strikers with easy tap-ins or headers!
  • Apart from his crosses he can of course also shoot the ball like a master!
  • He can be played on both the wings & as a AM. At Genk he played on the wing (mostly left) for 2 seasons... ending his final season on the nr10 => all analysts immediately stated that his performances & work rate on the nr10 were even better than before!
  • Besides his passing & attacking skills he now also shows to have improved his stamina a lot => no other player in the German Bundesliga had more miles on his counter than KDB at the end of the season: impressive!!
  • Apart from Werder & Genk... KDB is playing on absolute top level in our NT this campaign. He easily can be given the man of the match award in 50% of our last 8 games (we are talking about the team with all the star players and KDB proves to be the most useful of them all game after game!!!)

=> taking all this in notice... BUT most and for all analyzing what we now have in our squad... you must be foolish to let him go for another year.

• Moses has been good, but not great. Struggled a bit in the EPL and played good games in the EL. But to compare both at this same moment: KDB is clearly a better player.
  • Ramires works a lot and I appreciate his warrior mentality... but the good games he had are also countered by bad games and foolish actions from time to time. KDB vs. Ramires => clearly different type of players but KDB has more quality. Ramires than again is better defensively.
  • Oscar is slowly growing in the team. I like him and I think he can be very important for us in the next seasons. At this moment however... KDB is certainly as good as Oscar. So we can easily play them both in an alternated role.
  • I will not compare KDB to Eden and Mata because those to stick out as it comes to our attacking midfield and clearly are better than KDB at this moment. However... (and I have been following Hazard for whole his career) I can tell you that KDB might bring the same magic to the Bridge than Eden does! And I'm serious about this!
  • Do I need to start about Marin too. I feel sorry for the guy because I think he has potential. The only thing that is rather strange is that he couldn't force a place (even as a sub) into the team. Not with RDM & not with Benitez! So one can start doubting him.
  • Jossi... Hmmm well yeah... don't think I need to tell a lot about him in comparison with KDB :).

Conclusion:

KDB is at the same level or even above most of our current offensive midfield. Compared to the subs... I would easily say he's a lot better! KDB is a great talent that has proved himself in two leagues now. If we would have an ultra class offensive midfield with 5-6 players that cannot be topped... I would say a loan might be the best option considering his young age. But now? Get him back asap and let him play on the wings or even as a nr10 when needed.

The bloke is more than ready!

ps: sorry for writing my own dissertation here. My pen also seems to leak :D

lol at people saying KDB can play like a regista ala Alonso, he is NOTHING like Alonso, all they have in common is that they can hit long passes

KDB is best on the wings imo, but also has the talent to be just as effective in the middle but as an attacking mid or at worse the furthest forward in a 3 man midfield

i personally want him to stay on the wings, because thats where imo he gets to play his game and play on instinct