Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I meant where would you see him starting for us.

Assuming Chelsea gets rid of the ill suited 4-2-3-1.

I think De Bruyne would be best suited as an attacking right midfielder and I would see something like this

Cech

Branovich Terry/ Cahill Ruiz Cole

De Bruyne Mata Oscar

Schurrle. Hazard

Ba/Lukaku/?

The problem is that line up is too attack oriented.

With Chelsea's current talent I would recommend a 4-1-4-1 but a strong DM/ sweeper would be needed.

I could also see a staggered 4-5-1 or 4-3-3. The issue is having enough defensive responsibility in the midfield so that the team can properly defend.

Bit annoyed when young players like KDB, have one good loan spell, then they and their agents are talking to the media about how they are "concerned" if the club or the new manager even wants them back. Or that they don't want to come back yet because they are more concerned about losing their WC spot if they aren't being assured a first team place.

Bit annoyed when young players like KDB, have one good loan spell, then they and their agents are talking to the media about how they are "concerned" if the club or the new manager even wants them back.

Or that they don't want to come back yet because they are more concerned about losing their WC spot if they aren't being assured a first team place.

I'd be more concerned with players who would prefer to collect cash and sit on the bench the entire season instead of actually playing and improving themselves.

Also with regards to the WC: I don't see what's wrong with that. It shows they have ambition and want to play at the highest stage. You can't blame them for that. You can fret about it when they come back injured but still you can't blame the players for wanting to play for their country.

Bit annoyed when young players like KDB, have one good loan spell, then they and their agents are talking to the media about how they are "concerned" if the club or the new manager even wants them back. Or that they don't want to come back yet because they are more concerned about losing their WC spot if they aren't being assured a first team place.

KDB has every right to be concerned about his immediate future. He wants to play regular football and cement his place in Belgium's first XI for the World Cup.

Coming back to Chelsea and sitting on the bench won't help him.

Talking to a Belgian website Kevin declared that he allready knows what's going to happen with him next season, but he will give explanation after his holiday.

Uh Ow ... sounds like a loan then.

Finally, in this discussion, we seem to neglect de Bruyne's will. He has been a regular feature in the Belgian National team recently, and as things stand he looks more than likely to go to Brazil next summer. But for this to happens, he needs regular football. So maybe he himself wants to be loaned out if the Club cannot guarantee him regular playing time ? I believe the decision will be tri-parties ; the board, the manager and the player will all have their say on the question. The decision will be of mutual consent, in my honest opinion.

Hey Peace,

Love your posts but there are a lot of maybes in it ...

I just singled one out: I do think it is only natural that what Debruyne, the board and the manager want in agreement - will happen. Nobody says otherwise. Furthermore, he will be part of the Belgian NT even if he has to sit out a couple of games in Chelsea. Belgium would be foolish to leave him here when (if) going to Brazil. Fearing he might not make the team is overstating things : he was the best player in the NT. No way Wilmots is gonna leave him home.

Also: KDB has repeatedly indicated that he wants to play for Chelsea. Multiple times, actually. Of course he wants playing time - he has indeed indicated that. But there was never any mentioning a guarantee. I feel he just ants a fair shot.

That's all. If he doesn't get a chance to take that shot - due to loan spells, feeling underrated (which he has indicated once - KDB has a loose tongue a bit) isn't gonna make him more loyal or enthousiastic about the eventual, future prospect of playing here. I believe he will slip through our hands if we do that - hence the incomprehensibility of adding Schurrle in an exchange deal with KDB. That way he is regarded not as a goal 'an sich', but as a means to get to another goal (Schurrle). One can only wonder and gamble on what this does to the mind of a boy like him. We don't know.

Dortmund can have him on loan if jose does not need him the next season! But they better fuck off trying to buy him, I really really hope we dont sell him.. Selling one of your best young players is the soo stupid we dont need money so there is no point.. Jose will see his talent and I am sure he will want him to stay or come back next season..

De Bruyne will be sold I have absolutely no doubt.

The club will see him as causing too much trouble already especially in regards to apparently rejecting a loan move to Bayer or at least being very difficult about it - something you wouldn't expect from a player who's yet to even play for the club.

The club will see him as causing too much trouble already especially in regards to apparently rejecting a loan move to Bayer or at least being very difficult about it - something you wouldn't expect from a player who's yet to even play for the club.

Glad that's decided then! Off with the heretic :-)

lmaoo

Bet you he won't.