Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Well to be fair. It makes sense Dortmund want him, as he is impressing in Germany. Not that I'm not agreeing, he should be given a chance to play in the Chelsea's first squad as his position is up for grabs. End of the day if Dortmund are to make a good offer, then it's understandable for Chelsea to sell.

Sure, it makes every bit of sense for Dortmund to want him as he has been one of the most impressing midfielders in the Bundesliga this season but it makes no fucking sense for Chelsea to sell him on the cheap. We paid £8m for Kevin little over a year ago and just look how much he has improved since then, why should he be sold for only little over £5m more than what we originally paid for him when a team that's better than us wants to buy him? I could understand selling him if it would mean making a good profit on a player who has never even put on a blue shirt or if we were to get a great player in exchange (say Lewandowski) but good profit sure as hell ain't £5m as we must have spent that much on De Bruyne's wages, agent fees and signing bonuses alone.

I can fully understand if De Bruyne himself wants to move to Dortmund, they are a great club with great fans and surely he would have a more stable position over there than at Chelsea but what I can't understand is why Chelsea are reluctant to even give him a chance. Why shouldn't we get that same £15m for a little over 20-year-old Belgium national team regular even if he were to be deemed not good enough for us? Surely his performances this season would still attract interest from the Bundesliga in a year or two.

If he is sold to Dortmund, that would be a good "SHORT TERM" deal for everyone.

Profit for chelsea, and a true gem for dortmund, and btw, a nice place to develop for KDB.

But i hope that the board can give us a nice prospect to play the regista role next year, i think they will regret it

If he is sold, i can see it as a signal for every future prospect : "Don't sign for chelsea, even if you are good enough for first team, you won't play for them, you will be sold to make profit".

Think about it since we are signing every u16 -> u19 hot prospects around the world.

If he is sold, i can see it as a signal for every future prospect : "Don't sign for chelsea, even if you are good enough for first team, you won't play for them, you will be sold to make profit".

Think about it since we are signing every u16 -> u19 hot prospects around the world.

Do you honestly think every hot prospect we're signing genuinely thinks he's being bought to become a Chelsea first XI player? They are signing because Chelsea is a big club and has state of the art facilities. You could be a shit player and just having Chelsea on your CV puts you ahead of several others.

And even if he's sold (which won't happen imo) what's so bad in it for him personally? He used Chelsea as a stepping stone to get to Dortmund? Hardly a disappointing career choice.

His manager said they don't know what will happen untill Chelsea have a new manager iirc..

This is what he said:
"The conversation was very positive (with Chelsea). They are pleased with his progress and think he is ready to become part of the first team.
"The only problem is there is still no clarity about who is head coach next season."
So the board clearly rates him.

Funny thing is, if we didn't already sign him and Bremen did, we'd probably be in a bidding war right now with Dortmund and half the Bundeliga, Seria A and La Liga; along with everyone around us in the PL.

This is actually a wonderkid we've managed to snap up for peanuts. If he went to Atletico or somewhere else, we'd probably eventually end up paying £25m+ for him.

Funny thing is, if we didn't already sign him and Bremen did, we'd probably be in a bidding war right now with Dortmund and half the Bundeliga, along with everyone around us in the PL.

Yeah we would have most probably bid about 20m for him.

As if we don't have enough of CAMs already.....

Guess I should know by now that sarcasm isn't as easily detectable over teh internetz.

I've been one of KdB's biggest fans and advocates of him being a regular for us next season. I don't want him sold or loaned again.

An attacking creative midfielder. Because that is definitely what we need.

Exactly, if we're going to trade Kevin for someone from Dortmund, we should be looking at someone like Gundogan, not another attacking midfielder. (not that we should be looking to offload KDB in the first place)