Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Kevin de Bruyne

BlueLion.
Followers 2

Piet basically said that the he isn't the only person at Chelsea that rates him highly (presumingly he means that the board and Emelano rate him too) so I don't see us selling him at all, especially if he's trying to convince Mourinho to keep him this season.

I'd love a squad make up of Hazard/Mata/Oscar/KDB/Schurrle/Moses - it just screams depth.

I still personally see his future in the middle of the park though.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Christ's sake, how many times will we have to go through this...?! Hazard earns 540 000 fucking EUROS per month, which does 135k euros per week = £116k at the current exchange rate. All French-spe

The only way KDB is gonna get back in the Chelsea lineup is by actually playing well, something he hasn't done since this summer.

I stayed away from this topic as long as I could — and hopped to do so for the upcoming months — but I am too bothered by what's going on in this topic. And, Choulo, if I'm quoting you on this, it's n

Posted Images

Is it so hard to have both Schurrle and KDB playing for Chelsea this year?

KDB, Moses, Oscar, Schurrle, Hazard, Mata. 6 Players for 3 positions, and considering the makeup of those players, it offers great depth and versatility.

KDB, Moses, Oscar, Schurrle, Hazard, Mata. 6 Players for 3 positions, and considering the makeup of those players, it offers great depth and versatility.

Also we could be looking to move oscar deeper if we were to buy the right DM.

Piet De Visser, who scouted him for us when he was back in Genk, thinks he deserved a chance in Chelsea's first team.

"I've seen a lot of Kevin at Werder Bremen, sometimes from the stands, sometimes on TV. I really enjoyed him. In a moderate Bremen team he always remained on his feet, without him they would probably be relegated. My advice to Chelsea? That they need to get him. I really hope Kevin gets his chance next season, he's ready.

I will certainly appeal to Mourinho."

Just seen those De Visser quotes. Can anyone verify them?

Yes. These are legit. They're all over Belgian media and I'm talking about the reliable ones.

• Like 1

Like i said a million times. This guy is too good to pass on. Everyone claiming that he is hyped or the comments are hyperbole either havent seen him play a lot, just watch youtube, base their opinions on FM13 or know nothing about football.

He will be our second Hazard. Period.

I thought our second Hazard was Thorgan, did we sold him or what ?

glad to see how much hes rated by some people in Chelsea, especially piet. Hope to see him in the team next season.

Bring in ALL THE BELGIANS!

It would be a disaster for at least one player. ) Let's say we play 60 games. That's a total of 180 starts. These 6 players started 253 games last season in Europe and that's with De Bruyne not playing in Europe, with Moses going off to Afcon, with Oscar taking some time to get into the starting XI, etc...Beyond that, there is a massive problem with usage. Chelsea took 16.5 shots a game last season. That number will be around the same this season. You want the striker, Mata, and Hazard taking about half your shots. Then, you've got the set plays and corner where defenders get shots, then you've got your central midfielders like Ramires and Lampard who will also shoot. There really aren't a lot of shots available unless they will start to take away from other players' opportunities. (Mata and Hazard most likely). When you bring in new players, it's not just addition, it's about fitting them in. De Bruyne was excellent last season as the field general who had a lot of freedom to do what he wanted in a team which basically disregarded defense.Schurrle is a very good player, but he took 3.5+ shots a game last season. At Chelsea, both players would come in and be asked to play a completely different role. I think KDB would actually be a better fit because we need someone who can cross into the box with regularity, but I keep seeing this absurd idea that KDB or Schurrle will be able to duplicate what they did last season. Offensive success is very much tied to usage.

If De Bruyne can keep his high level of the last 6/7 international games, and José is in the stadium. He definitely will be in our squad next season. No way they will loan/sell him then.

• Like 1

I think KDB would actually be a better fit because we need someone who can cross into the box with regularity, but I keep seeing this absurd idea that KDB or Schurrle will be able to duplicate what they did last season. Offensive success is very much tied to usage.

Completely agree with you. It's going to be a different environment as well, where the system and tactics will be a lot different. Not to mention the pace of the league. You, quite rightly, already mentioned Oscar as a case and point.. A guy who needed time with that trio and was often the one sacrificed until Bentiez managed to get them all ticking. The question then becomes, are KdB & Andre Schurrle strong enough to overcome the same pressures to adapt that guys like Oscar were forced to endure?

• Like 1

my boy!!!!!!

wish him the best luck tonight!

I agree, G., he's amazing in the wings. I want him so bad next season!!!! I wonder how much he'll develop under Mou

Have a nice match, my love, enjoy it at the pub for both of us @mediator

• Like 1