The Tennis thread

termninja

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Djokovic played bad, he's so much better than that. It was almost like he felt that he was going to loose and everything was already against him so he made it even harder for himself. That said, Murray is a worthy champ, I'm not a big fan of him but he's deserved it.

It's GErald Butler next to Bradley Cooper isn't it?

Anyway, Congrats to Murray, deserved winner, amazing player. I think Tennis should not be so much about nationality. It's a sport by individuals only.There are great players from countries who do not even have sth like National Pride.

I think English and Scottish should get over their rivarly. It has always been a case of england vs the rest of the world, but in the past 200 years all British people have done great things together, the rivalry is unnecessarily made up. We also do not like the Ost-deutschen or the Bavarians, but we get along and accept them as Germans. Scots had no problems being British when Britain ruled the world, it's a bit opportunistic not to stick with them now.

Also do you really believe Scotland will have the balls to found an own state? You would be outside NATO, UNO, EU and shit. With the rest of Britain you are still one of the most powerful countries in the world with one of the best armies, up-to-date nuclear weapons, the greatest City and football club on earth. United British football and rugby teams would freakin rock. This "flower of Scotland" stuff is nice but nothing compared to the "Rule Britannia" swag.

I used to dislike Murray big-time. Winning the Olympic gold last year changed my opinion, as I was one of those who went mental and ridiculously pro-Team GB. He might be pretty morose, but he's a great player and he deserved to win today. Caps off an incredible 15 months for British sport.

OK I'll put this here. Well done Murray, I am little happy that finally a Brit won it but still don't like the character of Murray. But he had it very fucking easy to the final. Nadal, Federer and Hewitt were knocked out straight away so this made it easier for Murray. Murray had little contest to the final, Janowicz was trash and Verdasco is terrible. But suprisingly Verdasco was 2-0 up, right? Murray had easy opponents up to the final.

But well done to him for winning the game today, Djokovic wasn't right today, maybe his worst performance ever and probably that game with Delpo left him fucked up.

Why do people compare Henman to Murray? Henman's time was tougher than now. Murray faced no names compared to what Henman used to face.

Well done Murray, I respect you a little bit more.

True British hero lol.

Fuck me, i didn't even watch it but i walked past 3 or 4 pubs with everyone cheering like mad when he was getting ever closer. I decided that i'd rather relax outside with a few beers as it was such a glorious day outside. Full credit to him though, it's a fantastic achievement, he is so good at saving points, he asks so many questions of opponents they just don't have the answers to get the ball past him. Best receiver i've seen.

I have nothing against Murray but i wish our English pundits, media and commentators would get off the band wagon. This is a triumph for Scotland, not Britain. This isn't the olympic games and Wimbledon isn't his 'home' grand slam. The 77 year wait still goes on by my reckoning. That's nothing against the Scots, it's just true. What a player. This Britain thing irritates me so much sometimes. He was representing himself today, not team fucking GB.

Enjoyed the win. I'm half-welsh,half-english and have Scottish surname so british is what I feel more of anyway. I've been a fan of Andy's for a decade anyway and I've like tennis for 30 odd years.as with others who go to Wimbledon.having a British person do good hasn't increased attendances. We have always had our favourites regardless of where they come from,much like Chelsea is supported by many who have no links to west London.