The Tennis thread

termninja

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i was calling him del-po or del boy. I really hope he goes on to win more grand slams. He's still at a good age, just a shame Murray are Djokovic are of similar ages but he's got a lot of character. Just needs to improve on his serves, he hits hardly any aces. If he was a big server, he'd be brutal. Credit to Djok though, he stayed looking cool and got the job done. Now a 22 year old Pol that i've never seen or heard of before. If he wins this, he'll be my favourite and i'll follow him (And Del-po)

If Murray wins, then I've supported him all my life but if not then hes just a mere Scotsman.... oh wait... :Goober:

Na not a big tennis fan but if Murray does win Wimbledon then... well... Scotland 1 England 0, even though a lot of English people will claim they supported him all year long etc etc.

I don't hate him personally and i don't dislike him because he's Scottish. I just don't particularly like him that much and i like other people more. I don't support individual people because of where they are from, i support personalites. I supported him in the Olympics because he was representing GB.

There's absolutely no doubt Murray will win this though and it will be the final everyone's wanted all week. Experience will tell in the end.

I have nothing against Scottish people. I respect them and their country. But I still think that Murray cannot be compared with the likes of Federer, Nadal or even Djokovic. He's not spectacular, he can't make legendary games. I don't like his style at all.

But as a Nadal fan (yes, I support Rafa, in general), I really don't know who to support in a potential Djokovic-Murray final.

This Pol has a lot to learn. Too many Double Faults, tries too many drop shots and makes far too many unforced errors. I think only his serve and the power he posses with his forehand makes him any kind of threat. Also seems a bit cocky. Tbh i'd be happy to see Murray teach him a tennis lesson. I don't like ppl that rely on their serve power.

Most of the greatest tennis players were like this when they were young. He's still a little bit immature.

His potential is, however, huge and reaching the semifinals so early is great for him.

This Pol is pretty arrogant seriously. It's not even dark here and Murray has huge momentum, now the roof is being closed. I hope Murray whitewashes him in the 4th set and shuts him up. I take a bit back from what i said earlier though, he is a very good player and has a great future. I can imagine there would be a lot of guys on tour who wouldn't like this guy tho. 22 years old, he will win a grand slam. Just not a very likable bloke.

Good for Tennis though, characters are needed. He'll ruffle a few feathers. It's his first grand slam semi, he seems pretty confident. Good signs for him.