Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

It seems Luiz and Terry get all the fault for our defensive mistakes, but despite his two goals, I realized this guy have a big problem: he is good when he is inside the box waiting for the opponent (thats why he was so good against Barcelona), but when he is outside the box he is fucking terrible, it was unbeliavable how he let Falcao get that ball in the first goal, and he was really lost when Atletico counter attacked.

Against Reading this mistakes were there too. I predict a lot of trouble in the counter attacks...

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proved hes worth more than 7 million but as someone said up there he has made a few mistakes. Need to get him and Luiz acting like no nonsense center backs, just punt everything instead of trying to be smart cunts and play it out when they could just hoof it.

Proved hes worth more than 7 million but as someone said up there he has made a few mistakes. Need to get him and Luiz acting like no nonsense center backs, just punt everything instead of trying to be smart cunts and play it out when they could just hoof it.

Think Cahill is a no-nonsense defender, more than Luiz is. It's just that there are 1-2 other areas which Cahill needs to improve on still but if there is a need to clear the danger first and foremost, he will do it. Can't say the same about Luiz though.

Why not? Iva is so slow.

Luiz is terrible.

Cahill is average.

They might not have performed well last night, but they are all VERY FAR from terrible and average. With Cahill, Luiz and Terry as CB I think he have one of the best CB's. Also we got Cesar now since Iva isnt that quick so against some teams he will be prefered. At LB we got Cole who I still believe (most of the time) is one of the best LB's. Plus Bertrand who is very promising.

Our defenders are ok. The double pivot however is not.

They might not have performed well last night, but they are all VERY FAR from terrible and average. With Cahill, Luiz and Terry as CB I think he have one of the best CB's. Also we got Cesar now since Iva isnt that quick so against some teams he will be prefered. At LB we got Cole who I still believe (most of the time) is one of the best LB's. Plus Bertrand who is very promising.

Our defenders are ok. The double pivot however is not.

Luiz is terrible from the start of the season. Cahill was bed against reading too.

Luiz is terrible from the start of the season. Cahill was bed against reading too.

Are you struggling to see the importance of the double pivot and defensive midfielders? Its not all on the CB's.

And they might not be world class (yet), but they are VERY FAR from being terrible and average.

Why not? Iva is so slow.

Luiz is terrible.

Cahill is average.

Cahill is not average. He's not the best CB in the world, but he's the best CB we have. JT is not the greatest defender anymore, but he's still a great leader and his absence is felt when he's not playing.

Cahill is not average. He's not the best CB in the world, but he's the best CB we have. JT is not the greatest defender anymore, but he's still a great leader and his absence is felt when he's not playing.

Cahill was our best defender yesterday ...rest were very poor

Why not? Iva is so slow.

Luiz is terrible.

Cahill is average.

I don't think you can put yesterdays defeat on the defence. They were left exposed by the CMs and lack of support from the wingers. Its almost impossible to defend against quick breaks, especially when the opposition has someone of Falcao's class up top.

I don't think you can put yesterdays defeat on the defence. They were left exposed by the CMs and lack of support from the wingers. Its almost impossible to defend against quick breaks, especially when the opposition has someone of Falcao's class up top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzk-2klcvZ0

Luiz Broke the offside line 2 times...

in the 3rd goal luiz even not in our box.

Luiz Broke the offside line 2 times...

in the 3rd goal luiz even not in our box.

Luiz was poor, but you blamed the whole defence. for the 3rd goal the speed of the break didn't allow for Luiz to get back from the corner, but if you watch Lampard he is around the box but is casually jogging. the 1st goal was Luiz's fault, the second was a great finish but could have been prevented. Our main issue was a lack of pace in defence, Ivan was too easily exposed by Adrian Lopez.