Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember Cahill's first goal in the big Midlands derby against Birmingham for Villa. Amazing goal, 6 years ago. Trying to remember why the fuck he left Villa for Bolton... He made it though.

Wasn't favored by Martin O'Neill. Both had some sort of fall out IIRC.

Cahill on title challenge, the new players and Terry.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7923085/Cahill-targets-title-tilt

"The most important thing is to improve upon that," Cahill told Sky Sports News.

"When you look at the previous however many years, they were always finishing first or second.

"I'm pretty new to the set-up here, but we're definitely going to look to improve as we should be. The squad we've got here is fantastic. Obviously with the new faces coming in, we are definitely looking to improve and push for the league."

Chelsea are currently in the United States for a pre-season tour and Cahill is looking forward to playing alongside John Terryspacer.gif again after the captain was given extra time off before flying to New York.

Cahill added: "He's huge for this football club. He's a huge player and it's good to have him back. We're gradually getting the squad back together.

"When you think of Chelsea, you think of John Terry. We're looking forward to getting him back and getting involved in the next three games."

Spoke very well once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic but didn't someone here say Cahill was faster than Messi? Watching barca vs Milan and if Cahill could run like that, I doubt would give up many goals.

Well if a good defense would be measured in the quickness of the players, we would have nothing but runners there. Fortunately, speed is not even close to the most important attributes of a defender.

On topic, I'm getting really excited about Oscar for one simple reason, all of you. I've only seen a compilation of his touches from the olympics, but judging from the comments on here, we have a real gem in our hands. Think I have never been so excited for Chelsea to start the season.

cahill has the potential to be the ricardo carvalho type, in it he will sacrifice head over heel to block even the simplest of strikes at goal, something that not alot of current cbs do. but ib that comparision to carvalho he will be a greater attacker. he has that eye for goal, just like JT.

he has potential to be great, great CFC contributor. his signing is alot like the ivanovic signing, just pure quality, great individual, strong willed player. him and luiz will b most dynamic cb pairing in all of europe. just fell it.

Well if a good defense would be measured in the quickness of the players, we would have nothing but runners there. Fortunately, speed is not even close to the most important attributes of a defender.

On topic, I'm getting really excited about Oscar for one simple reason, all of you. I've only seen a compilation of his touches from the olympics, but judging from the comments on here, we have a real gem in our hands. Think I have never been so excited for Chelsea to start the season.

On topic? You do know you're posting in Cahill's thread and not Oscar's right? :halo:

• 3 weeks later...