Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you thinking of replacing our captain...oh God, where have we come to. Terry will be here now and he will be here for at least 2 - 3 years. He deserves to be in the f**kin squad, and lift that f**kin trophy that Roman wants since his childhood!!!

Now you thinking of replacing our captain...oh God, where have we come to. Terry will be here now and he will be here for at least 2 - 3 years. He deserves to be in the f**kin squad, and lift that f**kin trophy that Roman wants since his childhood!!!

1 - Nobody want to replace John Terry. We are just saying we should look for somebody who will replace him when his physical condition will no longer allow him to have a spot in the starting team.

2 - I don't really think Roman's dreams of this trophy since his childhood.

Anyway if it's just in order to consider that at one point* Terry couldn't play 60 games/season that we want somebody like Cahill, there is no really need... After all we have Ivanovic and Luiz, Cahill would be 27 or 28 when we would really need him. And before this moment to consider bringing another CB there would certainly be another better opportunuty on the market.

Really sad that we did not show more interest in Phil Jones though

*: For me, and like for Ash, we can really consider the possibility to start thinking about the life without them. By example in the Cups and some almost won games on the paper, there is no really need to overuse Terry or Cash because they did so for the last months and it resulted usury and tiredness injuries. Terry had his nerve/back problems and when Donovan's boot did hit Cole's ankle, it was like if his ankle was in crystal after so much games weeks after weeks.

Spurs will have the edge offering him first team football as there number one center-half. Lets be honest, if he comes here he'll start as 4th.

Terry needs replacing? Does he fuck. Replace Terry, watch the back four fall to pieces. JT's form has been great for 18 months.

Not now, maybe I should have been clearer. He will eventually need replacing, Cahill would be a good signing in that regards, plus it looks as if Alex has been told he can leave after being offered to Spurs.

But he would be 26 or 27 when we would buy him, I know that defenders can play older than wing players but for me there's no reason to insist on Cahill. Maybe he will improve several things this season to gain his place in the Euro Squad but after all the Bolton games I saw last season, I need to be convinced more than that

For me he is good but not yet ready for the top level. One of the things I expect from him this year is to pass a step, in self confidence and consistency on a game... But now IMO he is not (yet ?) worth all we can read everywhere on him, he is not that good. I was far better impressed by Roger Johnson, Ridgewell, Dann this season and even sometimes Wheater gave me a better impression in terms of commitment

Anyway if it's just in order to consider that at one point* Terry couldn't play 60 games/season that we want somebody like Cahill, there is no really need... After all we have Ivanovic and Luiz, Cahill would be 27 or 28 when we would really need him. And before this moment to consider bringing another CB there would certainly be another better opportunuty on the market.

Really sad that we did not show more interest in Phil Jones though

*: For me, and like for Ash, we can really consider the possibility to start thinking about the life without them. By example in the Cups and some almost won games on the paper, there is no really need to overuse Terry or Cash because they did so for the last months and it resulted usury and tiredness injuries. Terry had his nerve/back problems and when Donovan's boot did hit Cole's ankle, it was like if his ankle was in crystal after so much games weeks after weeks.

Who is Cash?

JT will probably be a starter for a couple more seasons unless injuries ruin it for him, so with David Luiz at the club, I wonder if Cahill would want to come and be the 3rd choice CB. And where would this leave Ivanovic? Bosingwa is doing decently so far this season and AVB favours him to Ivanovic at RB

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I see that too.

Still think it's a worthwhile signing. In all likelihood, Bruma will be sold. Alex has already said he wishes to leave, he said so in the summer window & he'll be even more keen with Luiz and Iva ahead of him in the pecking order.

Will be hard to convince Cahill though. We can't promise him first team football in most games, whereas Arsenal & Tottenham can.

Yeah, I see that too.

Still think it's a worthwhile signing. In all likelihood, Bruma will be sold. Alex has already said he wishes to leave, he said so in the summer window & he'll be even more keen with Luiz and Iva ahead of him in the pecking order.

Will be hard to convince Cahill though. We can't promise him first team football in most games, whereas Arsenal & Tottenham can.

It probably would be a worthwhile signing -six years younger than Terry -though not in the same league I hasten to add. I'm not convinced by Owen Coyle though, maybe just wanting to get more money out of Arsenal....

It probably would be a worthwhile signing -six years younger than Terry -though not in the same league I hasten to add. I'm not convinced by Owen Coyle though, maybe just wanting to get more money out of Arsenal....

Luiz & Cahill can form a great partnership in the future. It just comes down to if Cahill's willing to wait for his chance, he'll look at Phil Jones (despite knowing Rio & Vidic are injured) and want more football from any big club.

Coyle will also play hard-ball, near £15million perhaps. Though, considering his contract expires in summer, he won't risk the free.

Luiz & Cahill can form a great partnership in the future. It just comes down to if Cahill's willing to wait for his chance, he'll look at Phil Jones (despite knowing Rio & Vidic are injured) and want more football from any big club.

Coyle will also play hard-ball, near £15million perhaps. Though, considering his contract expires in summer, he won't risk the free.

Thats true though I think it would probably be nearer £20-25m they'd be trying to get if he was still in contract. Cant believe Arsenal offered £7m and expected a result :doh: