Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he didn't, Tomo, I live in Leicestershire and thus I'm surrounded by Leicester fans, including a very good friend of mine who is the most tactically-astute person I have ever met, he is currently studying for his coaching licences. He said Bruma was as good as useless, he scored a few goals to his credit but he was underwhelmed by his lack of defensive ability and his poor concentration, and he was always the weak link when he was played. His consistency was also an issue. He was impressed with van Aanholt though, he said he has a bright future though that may not be at EPL level.

I don't understand why Bruma is suddenly a defensive messiah, though?

Seen him play for Hamburg?

Slovenian website 24ur.com is reporting that the deal is done and Cahill will be presented on the 1st of January... I think it'd be good signing with John Terry and Luiz problems.

CB's we have:

• John Terry (racist problems, could miss a lot of matches)
  • David Luiz (knee problems, hope he'll be fit soon)
  • Branislav Ivanović (everything allright at the moment, hope he doesn't get yellow/red cards)
  • Alex (probably will be sold in January, he is useless anyway)

Guys, just because he plays for a poor team (not club) doesn't make him a poor player.

I don't expect him to be a world beater or to replace JT long term, but he would be a marvelous squad player, and leagues are won by the strength of the squad not the starting 11.

Well, since we look likely to seal the deal, how does everyone think he'll do with the high line and Andre's football philosophies in the future?

I personally think we should abandon it. There is nearly no good examples of high lines being effective in the premier league in recent years.

No he didn't, Tomo, I live in Leicestershire and thus I'm surrounded by Leicester fans, including a very good friend of mine who is the most tactically-astute person I have ever met, he is currently studying for his coaching licences. He said Bruma was as good as useless, he scored a few goals to his credit but he was underwhelmed by his lack of defensive ability and his poor concentration, and he was always the weak link when he was played. His consistency was also an issue. He was impressed with van Aanholt though, he said he has a bright future though that may not be at EPL level.

I don't understand why Bruma is suddenly a defensive messiah, though?

So he struggled with Leicester, he isn't the only CB that has struggled at one time or another and had a hard time settling in with his new team. ex: I watched Vincent Kompany on a regular basis for HSV, and he was the weak link of that defense and a flop signing. Now look at him now he is the best CB in the PL and arguably the best CB in the world.

Bruma is quality he showed that during his time with theReserves and now with Hamburg. Really think you are being unfair judging Bruma quality solely based on his Leicester stay.

Cahill is not Chelsea quality, a mid table player imo.