Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when of the biggest lies we get used to is that Cahill became a great CB during this season.

In crucial moments of the season Cahill+Terry showed they are actually a liability.

When Cahill started to play "really good" was just after Mourinho decided his squad wasn't good enough, and gave up the idea of implementing an attacking playing style and the team became a pragmatic one. I mean, its not that difficult to defend when you have the whole team concerned about defending in the first place. Cahill+Terry was the partnership when the team conceded 6 goals in two games against Stoke + Sunderland. After that Jose's team became more pragmatic, more defensive and less adventurous.

I mean, even the kid Kalas looked like a world class CB against Liverpool, when we had 11 eleven players defending the whole game.

Its frustrating to see Mourinho praising our back four, because our weak point has been the defense for some time. Buying a lot of attacking players, and forgetting that good defenders are as important as a superb striker to build and ATTACKING team. Buying a really good CB for next season is a must.

I think when of the biggest lies we get used to is that Cahill became a great CB during this season.

In crucial moments of the season Cahill+Terry showed they are actually a liability.

When Cahill started to play "really good" was just after Mourinho decided his squad wasn't good enough, and gave up the idea of implementing an attacking playing style and the team became a pragmatic one. I mean, its not that difficult to defend when you have the whole team concerned about defending in the first place. Cahill+Terry was the partnership when the team conceded 6 goals in two games against Stoke + Sunderland. After that Jose's team became more pragmatic, more defensive and less adventurous.

I mean, even the kid Kalas looked like a world class CB against Liverpool, when we had 11 eleven players defending the whole game.

Its frustrating to see Mourinho praising our back four, because our weak point has been the defense for some time. Buying a lot of attacking players, and forgetting that good defenders are as important as a superb striker to build and ATTACKING team. Buying a really good CB for next season is a must.

You sound like Joseph Smith

south-park-s07e12c04-joseph-smith-part-1

Wonder why David Luiz didn't look so world class playing in this defense?

Before Jose decided to change us to a more defensive team, all of our centre backs were poor because they were so exposed. Luiz hasn't had a really great game at CB like he did quite a few times last season but he hasn't been given a prolonged stint (and rightfully so as well because Cahill has obviously been very good this season) at the back with a system and players that protect the centre backs well.

In my opinion it isn't fair to judge him at CB this season because he never had the protection Cahill or Terry had this season. However that doesn't take away from the good job both have done.

Wasn't directly his fault, Hazard and Eto'o were

true but he was caught ballwatching when he could have attempted to clear. also he was clumsy and sloppy throughout. i dont trust him at all vs top opposition or without terry

true but he was caught ballwatching when he could have attempted to clear. also he was clumsy and sloppy throughout. i dont trust him at all vs top opposition or without terry

For 3rd goal yh but 1st he tried to intercept the cross but failed so cannot fault him. But then again Terry also didn't have a great game too but this season in general he has been great

Before Jose decided to change us to a more defensive team, all of our centre backs were poor because they were so exposed. Luiz hasn't had a really great game at CB like he did quite a few times last season but he hasn't been given a prolonged stint (and rightfully so as well because Cahill has obviously been very good this season) at the back with a system and players that protect the centre backs well.

In my opinion it isn't fair to judge him at CB this season because he never had the protection Cahill or Terry had this season. However that doesn't take away from the good job both have done.

Thats it. I think Luiz made a mistake in Everton's away game, a howler in Norwich away game, and then he was dropped after Newcastle game when he somehow became the scapegoat. After that Cahill+Terry became the partnership, and Luiz the 2nd choice, but after that the team kept conceding goals, the whole thing changed when Jose changed his game approach.

no he just sounds like an idiot and a shit-stirrer.

BUT you keep liking my posts when I have the same opinion as you, but I'm just and idiot when you don't agree. You are the "only places to be" team. If I don't agree with you opinion, you just try to disqualify my posts with the easiest way to get "likes": just write some random insult.

Amusing.