Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

IMO we need to sign 2 centre back in January and make Ivan a permanent RB once and for all.

Not only does moving Ivan into the centre weaken the right side, it's put's Ivan in a position he does not look as good in.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are against this transfer because Cahill plays for Bolton, but if we were signing him from Barcelona or Bayern Munich they would not complain. Playing for an underachieving club does not make him a bad player, infact it has shown just how good he has been for them this season; a shining light in a disappointing campaign!

:lol: People think Bruma is as good as Cahill? Bruma looks out of his depth every time I see him.

£7 million is a steal, and frankly, we need more English players at this club.

Completely agreed about Bruma. Felt the same way about Rajko but he's better than Bruma although granted I've not been watching regularly

Completely agreed about Bruma. Felt the same way about Rajko but he's better than Bruma although granted I've not been watching regularly

Rajkovic better than Bruma ? No way. He is just a lumberjack. He looked average in our pre-season tour, while Bruma was good when playing with us. And At Hamburg, this is Rajkovic on the bench, not Bruma..

Rajkovic better than Bruma ? No way. He is just a lumberjack. He looked average in our pre-season tour, while Bruma was good when playing with us. And At Hamburg, this is Rajkovic on the bench, not Bruma..

Was not impressed by Rajko very much either but Bruma to me just seemed like a brainless defender

Was not impressed by Rajko very much either but Bruma to me just seemed like a brainless defender

Well there's always defensive midfield ;)

Funny thing is tho with Bruma im being serious :lol: he did well there for Leicester.

No he didn't, Tomo, I live in Leicestershire and thus I'm surrounded by Leicester fans, including a very good friend of mine who is the most tactically-astute person I have ever met, he is currently studying for his coaching licences. He said Bruma was as good as useless, he scored a few goals to his credit but he was underwhelmed by his lack of defensive ability and his poor concentration, and he was always the weak link when he was played. His consistency was also an issue. He was impressed with van Aanholt though, he said he has a bright future though that may not be at EPL level.

I don't understand why Bruma is suddenly a defensive messiah, though?

Hum.. I do not think he is really a brainless defender. You could say he is in the same mould as Luiz, i.e. he is bound to make a reckless mistake here and there... When playing against Villa, in the last January, I thought he had a good game.

I know it is only some highlight from youtube, but this video gives a good insight on him (against Hoffenheim) :

Because on FIFA 12 he has a potential of 85+.

I don't have Fifa 12...

Based on Andre's comments in the press conference, I'm convinced that it's true that we've had a bid accepted.

He said we haven't made a bid.

But going by his answer the first time he was asked about Cahill, i'm pretty sure we're trying to bring him in.

He said we haven't made a bid.

But going by his answer the first time he was asked about Cahill, i'm pretty sure we're trying to bring him in.

Oh! Sorry I didn't catch that! Was that when he hastily replied "no no no!"? I didn't hear what the reporter had asked when he said that.

What did he say?

When asked about the rumours he didn't deny it at all. Said that Cahill is a "very interesting player" (exact words he used to describe Mata before we signed him, I believe) and said something like "With the Alex situation we are looking to bring someone in and we know Gary's qualities"