Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

cahill was marking streller, who gets ahead of him and scores a brilliant goal on the near post on a ball which should have been dealt with etoo on the near post by the way.

mata loses the actual ball which resulted in the corner.

but if any1 even dare mention, what luiz did against everton, he gets called names. lmao....

i can only imagine the melt down on this forum if cahill had made the same amount of mistakes luiz had made in the everton goal.

Are you for real?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I have observed thus far this season - Cahill alongside Terry is an absolutely brilliant defensive player. Cahill alongside anyone else is a match made in Hell.

Terry's reading of the game and natural leadership is instrumental to our defensive structure.

The problem with Cahill - Ivanovic & Cahill - Luiz as a CB pairing is the lack of a dominant defender, who is capable of keeping a cool head in pressurized situations.

Terry's reading of the game and natural leadership is instrumental to our defensive structure.

The problem with Cahill - Ivanovic & Cahill - Luiz as a CB pairing is the lack of a dominant defender, who is capable of keeping a cool head in pressurized situations.

Indeed and that only comes with experience...

Both Cahill and Luiz will become better as they acquire experience. Whether they will reach JT's level of composure, well, that's a difficult to know at this point.

Alex, Cahill and Terry are (IMO obviously) a bad pairing. Because they are the same player in terms of characteristics. They are both good blockers, play deep, excellent in the air and not very mobile; Cahill is a bit more pacey, but not very agile which is the reason he backs off a lot. This pairing works in certain matches, especially when we forgo possession by playing a deep defensive line.

• 4 weeks later...

Mourinho on Cahill..

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3501182/title/mourinho-trusting-terry

'I trust Gary and I like him very much. I don't like to leave players on the bench that are good players and good professionals. I want to help him and I don't want to make his life difficult.

'I would never do something that would jeopardise his selection for the national team. There's no doubt he is going to play a lot. Who knows, in a couple of weeks I will change my mind because of performances and he becomes again my first option.

'Since they started playing together John and David Luiz are playing well and they are giving stability. Gary is a very good player and he has to play, so I can say three very good central defenders for two positions.

'From match to match I will read the game and try to make the best option for the team.

'The whole squad is full of good players. I will never leave somebody out for four or five matches in a row. I will make rotations and everybody will have chances to play.

'In the case of Gary I have to make him happy, I have to make him play and then he will go to the national team happy.'