Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

TBF, the game plan tonight suited him. We sit deep, defended and looking to play on the break. Was never going to get exposed and same with Terry.

BUT as it is, credit where it is due for the performances.

agreed.

The whole team defended very well, but even Mourinho mentioned that the transition going to attack wasn't very good; I reckon neither Cahill nor Terry can really contribute much going forward in open play because they lack mobility.

Still good performances all around, though Welback did have a clear cut chance to score (thank god it was him!) and we did concede a PK, which should've been called in my view (lamps).

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I presume the lack of posts in this thread is because of how good Gaz has been this season? He is one of those players that needs a string of games - and there is no doubt that he is being helped by playing in a defensive four that isn't changing in every game, as it was under di Matteo and Benitez. Cahill may not have the technical ability of Luiz, but alongside Terry he is a very solid defender indeed. He gives absolutely everything, and as far as I'm concerned, he's been one of our best players alongside Terry and Oscar in the four games we've played this season.

iUB7JiRdtbgYt_original.gif?1368742388

I presume the lack of posts in this thread is because of how good Gaz has been this season?

Been solid in like every single game he has played so far this season and he does not get the full credit he deserves but one mistake and he will get so much criticism whatever.gif

This is probably the first time he has hit form and there hasn't been post after post about how he's the next captain and playing like JT in his prime.

But yes he has stepped up this season and England vs Scotland aside been superb in every game he has played in this campaign, hope he keeps it up. What makes his performance yesterday more impressive is that he was practically up against two players because of that Bosingwa mini me constantly being caught out off position.

I simply cannot get over the fact this guy never gets criticised!

Have a look at the Dailymail's review he got after the match:

"Looked every inch the first choice centre back for club and country before Basle's late purple patch".

He (along with Oscar and Lampard) received a 7 out of 10, which was the highest mark in our side.

Not a single mention of him losing his marker in the second goal, just like in the game against Bayern where he just let Ribery freely take his shot, and dozens of other matches in the Premier league last season and also Benteke's goal for Villa this season.

It certainly does pay dividends having friends in the media with their perennial footballing nepotistic way of judging players.

I simply cannot get over the fact this guy never gets criticised!

Have a look at the Dailymail's review he got after the match:

"Looked every inch the first choice centre back for club and country before Basle's late purple patch".

He (along with Oscar and Lampard) received a 7 out of 10, which was the highest mark in our side.

Not a single mention of him losing his marker in the second goal, just like in the game against Bayern where he just let Ribery freely take his shot, and dozens of other matches in the Premier league last season and also Benteke's goal for Villa this season.

It certainly does pay dividends having friends in the media with their perennial footballing nepotistic way of judging players.

English players are always hyped beyond belief. I mean 2 of three English player playing getting the highest rating in the team even though they were both bad is nothing new.

He made a few of his usual positioning mistakes (and a couple of his last-ditch tackle to be fair). I have no idea why Jose feels JT needs to be rotated.

cahill was marking streller, who gets ahead of him and scores a brilliant goal on the near post on a ball which should have been dealt with etoo on the near post by the way.

mata loses the actual ball which resulted in the corner.

but if any1 even dare mention, what luiz did against everton, he gets called names. lmao....

i can only imagine the melt down on this forum if cahill had made the same amount of mistakes luiz had made in the everton goal.

Cahill is great at last ditch tackles and heading the ball in the opposition box. That's where his game ends.

There's a reason why Arsenal or no other club apart from us decided against spending 8 million on him. He just cannot read or interpret the game.

I know Terry's legs are going but I'd still play him over Cahill any day.