Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want geezers

Give it some time and Kojo will do the business again, everyone will be slating fuck out of Cahill for any minor tactical mistake he makes. Mistakes that don't even led to conceding, I can just already tell. This forum has to rely on slating some players, so I know what they've chosen.

Oh joy. Suddenly we are all accused of being witch hunters here... :doh:

Give it some time and Kojo will do the business again, everyone will be slating fuck out of Cahill for any minor tactical mistake he makes. Mistakes that don't even led to conceding, I can just already tell. This forum has to rely on slating some players, so I know what they've chosen.

LOL

You are hilarious as usual, geezer.

No, its unfair to make Cahill the scapegoat, he us just an avarage defender. Plus, he will barely play as a starting XI this season, no reason to make him scapegoat.

He will start a lot of games actually. Not every game but used as rotation for sure.

I posted previously about the 3-4 in season goals we could look at. Someone conveniently even provided footage. Then there was Marcelo. Then the Scotland goal. This is a problem for him. I think what we really should look at is whether or not Mourinho can fix it. I will keep my eyes peeled and be the first to praise his new defending. If Luiz can change, anyone can. Except... Maybe not Suarez. He's just an awful human being. On the outside. That is all.

kalou then sturridge then moses and now cahill. if none of the normal ones are available, we have our ever-green debatable player in mikel.

Some people dont undertand that you cant have 23 world class players in one team. And when Cahill, Mikel, Essien,...dont play ala Messi, those people go nuts.

You guys expected that Cahill is next Terry, Mikel is next Makelele etc. Sorry, but as soon these people only play decent, they dissapoint you and you stress anger in this way by slating them. I fear Lukaku will be the same case for sometime before (if) he becomes top player.

kalou then sturridge then moses and now cahill. if none of the normal ones are available, we have our ever-green debatable player in mikel.

Are you saying that the players you have listed ALWAYS perform at such a high level that they should be immune from criticism or their mistakes should not be pointed out?

Or because since they are just squad players, we should turn a blind eye to their mistakes.

A mistake committed on the field, a lack of application shown by a player will be pointed out, irrespective of whether the player in question is a world class player or just an average squad player.

Are you saying that the players you have listed ALWAYS perform at such a high level that they should be immune from criticism or their mistakes should not be pointed out?

Or because since they are just squad players, we should turn a blind eye to their mistakes.

A mistake committed on the field, a lack of application shown by a player will be pointed out, irrespective of whether the player in question is a world class player or just an average squad player.

not at all but i would like the criticism to be well-distributed and most importanty it should be just.

do u mean to say there is absolutely no favouritism and scape-goating on here.

for eg- if moses had had a pre-season like the one schurlle has had, i can bet everything i have got that 90% of the forum would have said - SELL HIM or NOT CHELSEA MATERIAL.

kalas makes tons of mistakes but "he still has had a decent pre-season" or "look at him athletism, he is our most athletic defender", cahill makes one and that too against scotland, every1 loses their mind.

and lets not get into the amount of BS and unjust criticism that players like kalou and mikel have got over the years. every defeat/ lost point would have people ripping into them for no reason whatsoever.

not at all but i would like the criticism to be well-distributed and most importanty it should be just.

do u mean to say there is absolutely no favouritism and scape-goating on here.

for eg- if moses had had a pre-season like the one schurlle has had, i can bet everything i have got that 90% of the forum would have said - SELL HIM or NOT CHELSEA MATERIAL.

kalas makes tons of mistakes but "he still has had a decent pre-season" or "look at him athletism, he is our most athletic defender", cahill makes one and that too against scotland, every1 loses their mind.

and lets not get into the amount of BS and unjust criticism that players like kalou and mikel have got over the years. every defeat/ lost point would have people ripping into them for no reason whatsoever.

I don't think anyone has issues with Cahill being in the squad..Its just that with Terry being at his age, Ivanovic almost guaranteed to start at RB, Cahill will be starting a lot of matches for us in the coming weeks... Cahill is a good covering defender, but he has been exposed on 1-v-1's before, and similar mistakes in the recent matches, against Madrid and Scotland, have done little to provide any sort of assurance in him.

Now I hope this doesn't turn into another Mikel debate, but Obi's case is different, or rather more advanced. Mikel is already (or at least was) a guaranteed starter. Its pretty simple, when players like Mikel/Cahill start more matches, their flaws (undeniable of course) become magnified and then you have a new scapegoat.

• 2 weeks later...

TBF, the game plan tonight suited him. We sit deep, defended and looking to play on the break. Was never going to get exposed and same with Terry.

BUT as it is, credit where it is due for the performances. Both Cahill and Terry were very solid tonight. Van Persie who?!