Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahill is the new scapegoat then.

In a way I agree that he'll probably become the new scapegoat haha although there have been moments where hes gotten a lot of abuse for the right reasons, Marcelo's goal against Madrid, Benteke's goal vs Villa and Kenny Miller's goal tonight shows that he is really average. Decent back up defender nothing special.

Edited by RyanDavidson

Kojo he isn't a scapegoat, we have a right to question his defending for Miller's goal, it was woeful, if Luiz did that this forum would crash.

With Cahill it's always one extreme or the other, anti Cahill's call him only a Bolton player, pro Cahill's react by calling him the next JT any time he makes a last ditch challenge or has a half decent game, anti Cahill's react next time he has he has a bad game, rinse and repeat.

He's not the perfect defender, which is why he is not first choice, a good squad player, i really hope Mourinho can sort out his tendency to back off and let opponents have free shots. He also has a tendancy to get sold dummies easily (Miller tonight, Gomez in Munich, Gibbs vs Arsenal at home), he has got good passion however i like how he celebrates close shaves (to conceding a goal) like we just scored.

Edited by Tomo

Kojo he isn't a scapegoat, we have a right to question his defending for Miller's goal, it was woeful, if Luiz did that this forum would crash.

With Cahill it's always one extreme or the other, anti Cahill's call him only a Bolton player, pro Cahill's react by calling him the next JT any time he makes a last ditch challenge or has a half decent game, anti Cahill's react next time he has he has a bad game, rinse and repeat.

He's not the perfect defender, which is why he is not first choice, a good squad player, i really hope Mourinho can sort out his tendency to back off and let opponents have free shots. He also has a tendancy to get sold dummies easily (Miller tonight, Gomez in Munich, Gibbs vs Arsenal at home), he has got good passion however i like how he celebrates close shaves (to conceding a goal) like we just scored.

It's not about Luiz, you're one of the ones that loves going on about Cahill, you've been doing it for over a season now. All the ones you're pointing out there Luiz are the only ones he's ever done, there not examples they are literally the only ones. We've seen the likes of Luiz get fucked over plenty of times.

It's not about Luiz, you're one of the ones that loves going on about Cahill, you've been doing it for over a season now. All the ones you're pointing out there Luiz are the only ones he's ever done, there not examples they are literally the only ones. We've seen the likes of Luiz get fucked over plenty of times.

I was one of the main one's defending him when we were about to sign him, when he was getting dismissed as "only a Bolton player" i was saying from the start he will be a decent squad player then when it went too far the other way (new captain, like JT in his prime) i bite my tongue for months, it wasn't until someone said he was much better than Luiz (roughly last December) i took the bait.

He's never going to be more than a squad player, i don't see the shame in admitting that.

I was one of the main one's defending him when we were about to sign him, when he was getting dismissed as "only a Bolton player" i was saying from the start he will be a decent squad player then when it went too far the other way (new captain, like JT in his prime) i bite my tongue for months, it wasn't until someone said he was much better than Luiz (roughly last December) i took the bait.

He's never going to be more than a squad player, i don't see the shame in admitting that.

What you on about?

I've even said he's a squad player, so assuming things. But yeah, I suppose I am the arse hole, of course I did deserve to get banned because I got away with a lot of things didn't I Tomo. Of course I would be stabbed in the back, I'm a dick head. FUCK YOU CAHILL YOU'RE SHITE MATE

What you on about?

I've even said he's a squad player, so assuming things. But yeah, I suppose I am the arse hole, of course I did deserve to get banned because I got away with a lot of things didn't I Tomo. Of course I would be stabbed in the back, I'm a dick head. FUCK YOU CAHILL YOU'RE SHITE MATE

wtf? :lol:

Are you trying to imply i played any part in you getting banned? that's insane, i was about to write saying you didn't deserve to but then i saw Steve's thread saying you asked to get banned.

Its funny. He is one of those defenders who prefer to do some incredible acrobatic blocks rather than doing the basis of defending, that is closely marking your man, not letting him receive the ball facing the goal directly, or just pushing him on the outside.

This is something you learn at a young age, but its not something that can't be trained later on. Jose will address it for sure.

wtf? :lol:

Are you trying to imply i played any part in you getting banned? that's insane, i was about to write saying you didn't deserve to but then i saw Steve's thread saying you asked to get banned.

Eh? what are you on about?

I only asked if I can buy a new face for myself that's all, I thought it would be suitable, one of those typical Lescott jokes. And Peace do you want to wipe his arse whilst your at it?

Edited by Kojo

Cahill is the new scapegoat then.

Scapegoat? Come on, his thread is one of the least active from our first team players. In fact, if you go through this thread you will mostly just see praise and comparisons with JT. If anything his mistakes are usually overlooked by the vast majority of Chelsea fans.

Those mistakes of Cahill that Tomo pointed out was just from the aspect of him getting sold by strikers. We haven't even look at his dodgy positioning that has cost us...

Say what you want geezers

Give it some time and Kojo will do the business again, everyone will be slating fuck out of Cahill for any minor tactical mistake he makes. Mistakes that don't even led to conceding, I can just already tell. This forum has to rely on slating some players, so I know what they've chosen.