The FM Thread

.Cee

@Strike, what do you mean cracked? i assume its for free?

Also I have never played a FM game but have good idea what its about, and would like to give it a try.

So i wanted to know if should buy it or if there a place i can get it for free being the tight bastard i am :D

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't sweat over it mate, it's your first time playing anyway :D It's not easy for new players to get into the mechanic of the game, but once you do, say byebye to your social life :D

A question for fellow FM 13 players who are at the helm of Chelsea.

Does Ivanovic kick ass at your save? I'm surprised just how well he plays for me because whenever I put him on he is just phenomenal. Scores important goals as well :D

And I really like Marin on that LW as Inside forward, brilliant sub to have.

Moses' stats disappointed me a lot, I'm thinking about a new RW.

And where have you had the most success with Oscar? He did well on my RW as a winger.

I'm in my first season with Chelsea.

Ivanovic doesn't score that much for me but he performs well.

Marin also scored a number of important goals for me coming off the bench.

I play Oscar as the AM because Mata's injured for 3 freakin months. :s

If your looking for a right winger may i suggest Wellington Nem. 20 y old, Brazilian left footed winger. In my save PL : 17 games 4 goals 12 assists 7.38 rating.

Who do you have as striker ? I bought Neymar :P. 60 million but totally worth it. PL : 23 games 22 goals 7.58 rating.

I'm in my first season with Chelsea.

Ivanovic doesn't score that much for me but he performs well.

Marin also scored a number of important goals for me coming off the bench.

I play Oscar as the AM because Mata's injured for 3 freakin months. :s

If your looking for a right winger may i suggest Wellington Nem. 20 y old, Brazilian left footed winger. In my save PL : 17 games 4 goals 12 assists 7.38 rating.

Who do you have as striker ? I bought Neymar :P. 60 million but totally worth it. PL : 23 games 22 goals 7.58 rating.

Falcao...lad plays on his own, scores when he wants :D

Mata injured for 3 months in my save too...besides that, he constantly gets knocks when playing :fainthv9:

Falcao...lad plays on his own, scores when he wants :D

Mata injured for 3 months in my save too...besides that, he constantly gets knocks when playing :fainthv9:

I wanted to buy Falcao too but Roman said no. :cry: Buying Neymar for 60 million and Vidal for 70 million didn't go over to well with him. :sweating:

So i got myself into a bit of a mess financially. Now looking to offload Lamps (200k every freakin week)

Yeah Mata really is unlucky. Now in my second season and he's injured again. :s Only for a month but still.

Hazard bossing it at the moment 10 goals, 11 assists in 18 games.

Do you also score a lot of goals from Azpi's long throw in's ?

I wanted to buy Falcao too but Roman said no. :cry: Buying Neymar for 60 million and Vidal for 70 million didn't go over to well with him. :sweating:

So i got myself into a bit of a mess financially. Now looking to offload Lamps (200k every freakin week)

Yeah Mata really is unlucky. Now in my second season and he's injured again. :s Only for a month but still.

Hazard bossing it at the moment 10 goals, 11 assists in 18 games.

Do you also score a lot of goals from Azpi's long throw in's ?

Whoa dude you need to be a bigger bastard when it comes to negotiations :D First talk to media about the player you want to sign, then praise his club, then his manager, then send a low cheeky bid, then increase it a bit, and increase it little by little until they accept. Use monthly installments also ;)

As for Azpi, well I did score a few, but I haven't played around with set piece settings so I guess I can do much better.

Whoa dude you need to be a bigger bastard when it comes to negotiations :D First talk to media about the player you want to sign, then praise his club, then his manager, then send a low cheeky bid, then increase it a bit, and increase it little by little until they accept. Use monthly installments also ;)

As for Azpi, well I did score a few, but I haven't played around with set piece settings so I guess I can do much better.

Haha yeah i know.I'm a bit crazy when it comes to cash. :D I thought Roman would just inject some extra cash. :halo: Apparently not. I just really wanted Vidal he's a beast. Him and Ramires are dominating my midfield.

Ah well now i've been looking for free young talented transfers so i can play them a little and then sell them for money. Just signed Eriksen from Ajax for free. :yay: Lewandowski also for free. :yay:

Also just sold Marin for 7 million to Dortmund. :yay: Pretty good considering i barely used him. :P

Well i just set him to throw it at the near post and then Ivanovic, Terry or Cahill just pop up and knock it in. Think i've scored about 12 goals in 25-30 games or so because of throw ins.

Off course i started a game with Chelsea to know the game the (easy?) way..

It's my first FM ever, been researcher for CM for years, so always sticked to that :D

First day at the job and Piet de Visser recommends Daniele De Rossi ;)

Started with Newcastle. Finished 6th, won Europa League and then left the following December whilst in 4th place having signed de Bruyne, Walcott, Hernandez, Milner, Okore, Viktor Fischer.

Joined Inter in dire financial problems. Trying to off-set 60k in wages but all the big-earners (Zanetti, Chivu, Samuel, Stankovic) suddenly decided to retire at the end of the season. Hands tied. So, I'm out looking for freebies to add to squad depth and found El-Hadji Diouf and Ronaldinho - both agreed to paltry wages of 5k p/w.

Started with Newcastle. Finished 6th, won Europa League and then left the following December whilst in 4th place having signed de Bruyne, Walcott, Hernandez, Milner, Okore, Viktor Fischer.

Joined Inter in dire financial problems. Trying to off-set 60k in wages but all the big-earners (Zanetti, Chivu, Samuel, Stankovic) suddenly decided to retire at the end of the season. Hands tied. So, I'm out looking for freebies to add to squad depth and found El-Hadji Diouf and Ronaldinho - both agreed to paltry wages of 5k p/w.

Ronaldinho on 5k a week? Lol

Yesterday, I helped my friend rediscover his love for the game by helping his Reading team stay in the Premiership. He only had 4 wins out of 30 before I stepped in and won 5 out of the last 8 including one against Chelsea. To be honest, he had a decent team (mid-table quality), but that was probably my greatest achievement in FM. God, I miss FM, even though it's completely broke.

@Jype,My players always shoots from ridiculous range, can i somehow change that?

First you should set each player's individual instructions section 'shoot from range' to rarely, which you might have done already. On it's own that setting won't do you much good but you need encourage your players to play more of a possession game with short passes and the shooting will go down at some point.

What formation do you play and which roles do you have for your players? You should have a couple of wingers or at least very attacking full-backs / wing-backs to offer width at all time, allowing your midfielders another passing option out wide rather than have everyone in the middle close to the opposition players so that the only option is to shoot. Apart from maybe one or two guys you should set your midfielders and wingers to Support duty instead of Attack because it will make your players more willing to play for the team and not just try to be the hero and score on their own all the time. Even with Support Wingers I've had wide players scoring 30 goals a season while still assisting another two dozen so it doesn't really matter what the duties and roles are if the teams is clicking together very well.

Just my two cents, believe me when I tell you I'm no expert. :lol:

@Jype,My players always shoots from ridiculous range, can i somehow change that?

Only have the game for one week myself but could it be that you need to change your players instruction to 'long shots = rarely (don't know how english version says it)?

I finished my first seasonb with Chelsea.

Won the Community shield, European supercup and Club World cup.

Lost in Carling cup semi finals against Spurs.

Lost in CL quarters against Arsenal, who won the CL

Finished 4th in the league.

So not a really good first season, still Roman offered me a new contract for 4 years!

Bought Subotic(10,25m€) who went on to named player of the year by the Chelsea fans. Got Defour(6.25m€) and Juventus wanted to swap Giaccherini with Mikel wich i gladly accepted.

Sold Benayoun(800K€) to Atheltico, Malouda(1m€) to Everton and Cahill(11m€) to Juventus.

I play 4-2-3-1 with Cech in goal, Cole - Subotic - Terry - Azpilicueta in defence, Defou and Lamps midfield, Hazard and Chiaccherini on wings, Mata behind and Torres as striker.

For next season i allready sold Marin(9.5m€) to porto and Ivanovic(10m€) to Leverkusen.

Sigborsson(23m€) from Ajax has signed for us, he was topscorer CL with 12 goals last year.

Only have the game for one week myself but could it be that you need to change your players instruction to 'long shots = rarely (don't know how english version says it)?

I finished my first seasonb with Chelsea.

Won the Community shield, European supercup and Club World cup.

Lost in Carling cup semi finals against Spurs.

Lost in CL quarters against Arsenal, who won the CL

Finished 4th in the league.

So not a really good first season, still Roman offered me a new contract for 4 years!

Bought Subotic(10,25m€) who went on to named player of the year by the Chelsea fans. Got Defour(6.25m€) and Juventus wanted to swap Giaccherini with Mikel wich i gladly accepted.

Sold Benayoun(800K€) to Atheltico, Malouda(1m€) to Everton and Cahill(11m€) to Juventus.

I play 4-2-3-1 with Cech in goal, Cole - Subotic - Terry - Azpilicueta in defence, Defou and Lamps midfield, Hazard and Chiaccherini on wings, Mata behind and Torres as striker.

For next season i allready sold Marin(9.5m€) to porto and Ivanovic(10m€) to Leverkusen.

Sigborsson(23m€) from Ajax has signed for us, he was topscorer CL with 12 goals last year.

Thank you!

seems like you have a great team developing, good luck!