The FM Thread

.Cee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2nd season with Real Sociedad. My fav side on a football game ever.

Adan;

Carvajal, Botia, Inigo, Grimaldo;

Romeu, Alonso;

Griezmann, Thiago, Deulofeu;

Lukaku.

Lukaku and Thiago (Barcelona) are both on loan. I sometimes play a 2-striker system with Lukaku as a Target Man with Rodrigo (bought from Benfica) as a Poacher.

I've also signed Sergi Roberto from Barcelona B to eventually (hopefully) replace Alonso or even take up that no.10 role.

Both wingers are actually inside-forwards, with Deulofeu scoring every 2-3 games.

Grimaldo is like a young Spanish Dani Alves.

We typically play on the counter-attack. I love my team :wub:​ Very young but devastating. Beat Barcelona away from home 2-1 with Lukaku getting both goals :wub:

Thinking if i get CL qualification I'll sell of a player or two and use my whole budget to try and get Mata. Probably won't sign unless CFC have a shit season though.

With Cavani and Hazard in Schalke you shouldn't have much problems destroying teams.

Yep, winning the league is too easy for my team these days but I'm still searching for my first European title. Reached one Champions League final and one Europa League final so far, lost both of them. CL to Liverpool and EL final on penalties to Stoke of all teams. :lol:

This season has been promising. In the first 17 matches of all competitions my team has scored 81 goals and conceded only 13. Aside from that 10-1 win against Hoffenheim, the highlights of my season have been 6-0 against Dortmund and 5-1 against Bayern Munich. Then there's also the occasional 8-0 victories against some relegation candidates or lower league teams in the cup.

Some player stats at this point of the season:

Eden Hazard:

t8v7X92.jpg

Rodrigo:

tfJP7Oc.jpg

My leading goalscorer Philippe Esnault (regen):

xWK0fDd.jpg

My engine in midfield Erhan Genctürk (regen):

5rZWUNa.jpg

As you can see, the two regens are slowly becoming my best players. Along with the hunt for the Champions League titles, watching these youngsters turn into world beaters is a reason to continue playing this save.

My leading goalscorer Philippe Esnault (regen):

xWK0fDd.jpg

As you can see, the two regens are slowly becoming my best players. Along with the hunt for the Champions League titles, watching these youngsters turn into world beaters is a reason to continue playing this save.

He reminds me of my ST a lot:

3c061da451c1882a26ae779ab35009b2.png

Probably my best ever forward. Just a shame he can only use his right foot, much like your guy and his left!

@, what tactic do you use?

Mostly these two, depending on the match and the fitness of my players. Previously I used the first one only against the weaker sides and in some home games against the big teams but nowadays they're all shit compared to my boys so I use the one one the left whenever my best players are fit and the second one if I need to rest one of my strikers or if I have injuries.

Lmsey4M.png1yYS7f7.png

Team instructions set to short passing, high pressing and so on. For player instructions I haven't made many significant adjustments, just limited the amount of long shots the team takes and some other little stuff. I could upload them somewhere if you want to take a closer look.

He reminds me of my ST a lot:

3c061da451c1882a26ae779ab35009b2.png

Probably my best ever forward. Just a shame he can only use his right foot, much like your guy and his left!

Nice.

Room for improvement with my Frenchman yet as he's only 19 at the moment. Only problem with my lad is he's so slow, your's can do it all!

Team instructions set to short passing, high pressing and so on. For player instructions I haven't made many significant adjustments, just limited the amount of long shots the team takes and some other little stuff. I could upload them somewhere if you want to take a closer look.

Interesting, I set me team up in a similar way, just never seem to create enough chances... Does your team seem to churn out a lot of chances? I have a lot of possession though, just always seem to take too many long shots - probably cos I have my wingers set up on attack duty - they seem to rather shoot than create chances. I'll have a look and at the putting more on support duty though.

Do you use any shouts?

Interesting, I set me team up in a similar way, just never seem to create enough chances... Does your team seem to churn out a lot of chances? I have a lot of possession though, just always seem to take too many long shots - probably cos I have my wingers set up on attack duty - they seem to rather shoot than create chances. I'll have a look and at the putting more on support duty though.

Do you use any shouts?

Try setting your wingers on support duty and reduce the amount of long shots, that could help a little. My players still shoot from the edge of the box and score a lot of goals that way too but never those pointless 30 yard shots which always end up in the stands.

Haven't really seen the point of using the shouts as things seem to be going quite well without them so I have tried to avoid over-complicating things. Some have been saying they help win games so to each their own I guess.

My latest game, a Champions League group stage match:

TK7TDJ4.jpg

Like a boss. B)

Was going to post this a while ago but forgot. Hilarious when I saw it, how is it possible!?

0.1?!?1?

Was a group stage match in the CL, won 10-0.

Check out his game stats, what was so bad there?

Check out his game stats, what was so bad there?

b3b887e297235cd93efbc646bcd6c714.png

Nothing of real note there, maybe it was a glitch? I didn't check the players form page at the time which shows 'mistakes leading to goals', that might have been high. I still lol'd hard though.

@JDY, what tactic do you use as well?

4-4-2/4-2-2-2 very fluid - attacking - high defensive line & pressing. I switch between that and 4-3-3 classic tactic. I could play 5 forwards and I'd probably still win a lot, the strength of my team is so much better than the rest.

• 2 weeks later...