The FM Thread

.Cee

Have they overdone the difference in home and away ties this year or is it just me? Not the end of the world because I end up winning most of my away games as well, but at times my Chelsea team (2028, overpowered regens) struggles away versus the likes of Swansea, Stoke, West-Ham etc.

I realise the AI counters your tactics better than in previous editions, but silly things happen away, chance conversion seems a LOT higher when they play at home. I lost vs Stoke earlier, 2 vs 12 shots on target. Lost 2-0 and they weren't even CCC's. No fluke either, happens quite often.

Stuff like your worldclass CB regen (18+ marking/tackling/heading, 20 jumping, 19 concentration, 17 acceleration) who is out of this world at home, enables retard mode away, making costly mistakes way too often.

Anyone else notice the difference between home/away? And how do you counter it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have they overdone the difference in home and away ties this year or is it just me? Not the end of the world because I end up winning most of my away games as well, but at times my Chelsea team (2028, overpowered regens) struggles away versus the likes of Swansea, Stoke, West-Ham etc.

I realise the AI counters your tactics better than in previous editions, but silly things happen away, chance conversion seems a LOT higher when they play at home. I lost vs Stoke earlier, 2 vs 12 shots on target. Lost 2-0 and they weren't even CCC's. No fluke either, happens quite often.

Stuff like your worldclass CB regen (18+ marking/tackling/heading, 20 jumping, 19 concentration, 17 acceleration) who is out of this world at home, enables retard mode away, making costly mistakes way too often.

Anyone else notice the difference between home/away? And how do you counter it?

away from home i set deep counter-attacking tactic. at home, slow control tactic to retain possession

Managed to get top 4 with Swansea 1st season. Sold Pablo Hernandez to Liverpool for 20million start of 2nd season, absolutely ludicrous, and 9 million for Swansea's aging Spanish right back, couple of my best sells in this game. I love selling average players for loads of cash.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no working release for FM13? This is just bollocks, complete bollocks.

If somebody would be kind of enough to provide me with files and instructions on how to get the latest rosters on FM12, I would appreciate it and happily start playing it again, because I don't really like playing with old line-ups.

E: Nevermind, found it.

For those interestd, im still palying my FM 11 file (HSV) the year is now 2036. im still with Hamburg but i feel i have ahieved all i can. keep winning the league, keep winning the champions league. gone a season unbeaten. and still ahvent loss (45 games without a loss in the league). But the only thing id leave for would be for Chelsea. and ive been offered the chelsea job many times, but i dont want to go to them whilst they are still powerful, itll be the same situation im in now, just a different league.

Currently they are finishing around 10th in the league, ideally i want them to be relegated then set my self a challenge of getting them back to the top club they should be but i dont know how long ill have to wait. I finish uni soon and i plan on just nailing out 5 more seasons with HSV (want to get to 2040) so ill re assess it then.

I will give you one tip that i think is what made my team: i rarely spend huge amounts on players. the average wage at my club is £70,000 and im the best team in the world. Barcelona and real madrid who are outside the top 10 best teams in the world have the majority of their players on £125,000+ a week. What i do is 1. get youth, and pretty much wait till they hit 20 years old before gradually getting them in to the first team (buy a lot. its hit and miss with them and you can just sell/release the useless ones. 2. this helps with the youth as well, get a couple of incredible scouts (judgement of potential and actual ability both to be 20 if possible).

with the scouts i then get them to scout players from average teams that look half decent. by looking at average teams, they are cheap. go to clubs in portugal, turkey and teams that finish 7th-10th in big leagues (BPL, Serie A, La Liga), teams there will have 2 or 3 players that are top class. the best ones are usually 20-22 yrs old and have come through their youth, they are on low wages and becuase of the team they play for they are not too expensive/you wont need to offer too much to persuade the club to sell them.

the problem i had, when i wasnt the best club in the world i was able to get these players, bring them to a top 6 team in the german league, theyd get noticed then huge clubs came in and bought them. yes i made a profit but it was frustrating as tits! I have bought a player in the summer before, then man city would offer 3 times what i paid, my board would overide me and accept it and hed be sold in the winter transfer window! now i dont have that problem as everyone wants to play for me.

im the best manager in the world so id advise you to take my advice.

521626_10152509754330125_1392359597_n.jp

For me, FM is all about exploring exotic leagues once I grow tired of the customary first Chelsea save. Currently I'm at Wellington Phoenix, a club from New Zealand that actually plays in the Australian league. In it for a few seasons, will leave when I win the league (won the cup in the first and only season so far). Hope to do a pan-Asian save with this one.

Now continuing my Schalke save after a little break, interesting to see how well Hazard will fit into my team.

Cavani - Esnault ®

Rodrigo Hazard

Ayew - Genctürk ®

Prukner ® - Marín ® - Papadopoulos - Schelotto

Ter Stegen

On the bench: El Shaarawy, Pukki, Strootman, De Bruyne, Nainggolan, Höwedes, Fabio

® = regens

Chelsea just offered £40m for my young Colombian centre-back / full-back Carlos Marín, rejected it immediately as this guy is immense:

SBNIrFS.jpg

Have also started a FM 2012 game over a long time. This time I decided to pick a team other than Chelsea and stick with it, because honestly there is no sense of achievement with Chelsea if you win something. I've never had the perseverence to go all the way with another club, but this time I'm determined with Middlesbrough. My first season goal: Promotion to Premier League. I will however be content with finishing in the play-off zone. My ultimate goal is to become a force in England, break into top 4 and why not win the league, but this will take time, as I have never before played with lower league clubs. It's proving to be difficult, because there is a very tight budget and then it's much harder to negotiate deals and contracts with clubs and players.

Anyway, in my first summer in Boro I sold Emnes and Rhys Williams and bought/loaned a bunch of players. My best team currently looks like this:

Steele

Parnaby - Bikey - Caulker - Casado

David Fox

Thomas© - McEachran

Kink - McDonald - Nano

Subs: Kunchev, Friend, Leadbitter, Jutkiewicz, Manu

Btw, is it normal that I get only 5 substitutes in the championship? I have quite amazing depth and it stricts me a lot that I can choose only 5 subs.

Anyway, atm I'm doing fine, 9th place with 18 points from 11 games.

I'm not entirely sure if this has been thrown out there before, I have looked, but would anyone be interested in possibly starting a net game on FM13?

Just a few hours for few evenings a week? Have done it with mates previously and it's great fun, if we use the Premier League, we tend to avoid Cheslea, United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham, or we use the Championship or League One.

Just an idea, which I thought I would let you guys know about.

FM is so realistic at times.....

No one complains about the game being unrealistic when Liverpool get relegated but when Newcastle are top of the table, it's the game's fault. :ph34r: