Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The FM Thread

.Cee
Followers 2

Had a bit of a nomadic career to date. Left Anji after winning the double there, could have been a treble but Valencia came out all guns blazing in the Europa final and I was 3-0 down in 7 minutes. Game ended 3-1. I was managing Chile simultaneously and had qualified with ease for WC 2018 by that point. Bursaspor in Turkey became available so I took that up, got really bored of Turkey though and resigned after just 2 months. Decided to concentrate on Chile's WC campaign. Drawn in group stage with England, Italy and Australia. Toughie. Lost to England in the opener and somehow managed to throw away a 2 goal lead against Oz to draw 2-2. Needed to beat Italy and England to drop points against Oz in the final group game. Defeated Italy 1-0 and England drew 1-1 with Oz, qualified second from my group on gd ahead of England. Germany in the round of 16 - dispatched with authority. 2-0. Next up - Brazil. Toughest run-in ever. Neymar scores from 40 yards in the first minute - only in FM. 2nd half .. Neymar makes it 2 in the 60th. I decide to go hell for leather, 4-2-4 and overload, bam! 2-2. Extra time - no goals. Penalties. They win 7-6 and Chile go out. Wasn't even expected to clear the group though, the board and fans were happy. Had been with Chile for 4 years by that time and had grown a little weary so ended up tendering my resignation. Plenty of jobs became available after the WC. England, Italy, Germany, Spain (who'd just won), Brazil, Argentina, France. France approached me and I accepted. Couple of months later Ajax approach me after sacking Joachim Joew. Accepted. Current game year - nov 2018. Objective with France - win the Euros in 2020. Objective with Ajax - win all available domestic trophies, then move on to another country.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes!, i beat Real Madrid 8-1 lmao, i don't know how...

My line up

Abbiati

Romario-Nesta-Silva-Taiwo

Boateng-Ambrosini-Sahin

Shaqiri-Pato-Emmanuelson

Pato scored five times, Emanuelson scored, Thiago Silva scored and so did Taiwo

Then Real Madrids line up

Adan

Ramos-Carvanlho-Albiol-Marcelo

Khedira-Diarra

Granero-Ozil-Di Maria

Benzema

And Benzema scored for them last minute, a pretty complacent goal.

Who knew a team without Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso could concede 8 goals... crazy.

Yes!, i beat Real Madrid 8-1 lmao, i don't know how...

My line up

Abbiati

Romario-Nesta-Silva-Taiwo

Boateng-Ambrosini-Sahin

Shaqiri-Pato-Emmanuelson

Pato scored five times, Emanuelson scored, Thiago Silva scored and so did Taiwo

Then Real Madrids line up

Adan

Ramos-Carvanlho-Albiol-Marcelo

Khedira-Diarra

Granero-Ozil-Di Maria

Benzema

And Benzema scored for them last minute, a pretty complacent goal.

Who knew a team without Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso could concede 8 goals... crazy.

Because no Casillas... :D

Because no Casillas... :D

He never made any mistakes believe it or not, Pato's finishing was quality, plus he should of scored 7, if it wernt for Adans 2 other good saves. Still no excuse to concede 8 goals lol.

He never made any mistakes believe it or not, Pato's finishing was quality, plus he should of scored 7, if it wernt for Adans 2 other good saves. Still no excuse to concede 8 goals lol.

Quit complaining. :P

Nevermind. lol

If you mean Pato, then he needs complaining at, he misses too many sitters, i'm a manager of dicipwin!, i will nawt have this in da club!.

If you mean Pato, then he needs complaining at, he misses too many sitters, i'm a manager of dicipwin!, i will nawt have this in da club!.

Get what you mean.

If any of you would like to have custom kits or something, feel free to ask, I fancy myself as a bit of a kit maker. Just give me the club logo and the sponsor you want in backgroundless .png format (as well as basic info on the kit- colour, manufacturer, etc.) and the sky's the limit :)

The injuries are awful on FM, they either go from one extreme where you go through a season without a serious injury to any of your players to the other extreme where they seem to be more injury prone than a super-combination of the injury prone quartet, Essien, van Persie, Robben and Deisler.

yep..m with newcastle atm. got danny sturridge, erik pieters and sime vsraljko but no use. Ba, ben arfa, gutierrez, marveaux, guthrie, lovenkrands all injured and danny suspended for the first 3 games

had to use sammy ameobi and the other reserves. drew with wigan, qpr and struggled against brentford(League cup) sheesh...

I'm bored. Can someone please suggest a good save or upload one of your games?

I assume you're aware of the regular challenges like the Pentagon, San Marino etc? Head over to footballmanagerfanboys.net or sortitoutsi or fm-base for challenge ideas. You can also follow other players' FM stories on sites like footballmanagerstory.com

I've never heard of those challenges. I was thinking more along the lines of, if something interesting should happen in someones save (e.g. big club gets relegated/falls on tough times, small club gets taken over by a tycoon, etc.) we should try and share them.

One things for sure, I'm done with Chelsea on FM. Managed us too many times, and nothing will compare to my glorious Chelsea team from FM05 which won absolutely everything 6 or 7 years running before I gave up. We were so far ahead of the rest of the world, I think we would have won everything for another 5-6 seasons even if I holidayed, I once beat Inter Milan 16-4 on aggregate in a CL semi final. Good times, how I miss them :(

Well, I got over my boredom and continued my Chelsea save. Ivanovic and Robben are finished as footballers, unhappily. Both were out for 7-8 months with broken legs and both have declined massively, I'd estimate a loss of 30-40 points in CA.

Well, I got over my boredom and continued my Chelsea save. Ivanovic and Robben are finished as footballers, unhappily. Both were out for 7-8 months with broken legs and both have declined massively, I'd estimate a loss of 30-40 points in CA.

Famous last words, as it turns out. He may technically be a shadow of his former self, but Robben is still amazing:

b19fe86ac7f345a3292a50de513146e1.png