What are you reading?

Bir_CFC

(SPOLIER ALERT) Yeah, I think you're right BUT I hate Dany. Just get off your fucking ass and go to Westoros. Two books of dawdling and pining after some purple-bearded weirdo. It's enough! I think Jamie Lannister will die too. In fact, I think this next book will kill off a few major characters. There are just too many people (and POVS) right now. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/58-the-winds-of-winter/ is the best speculation site for the next book.

If Jaime dies, it has to be at Cersei's side, especially because of the valonqar prophecy. The younger queen was believed to be Margaery Tyrell, but it could also refer to Dany, perhaps? Either was Cersei has to go, the scheming bitch! :lol: I'm almost hoping Arya dies because her story arc has become pretty frickin useless. Unless she is going to become a Faceless Man and come and fuck shit up in Westeros, she has nothing else to contribute in my opinion...

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jaime dies, it has to be at Cersei's side, especially because of the valonqar prophecy. The younger queen was believed to be Margaery Tyrell, but it could also refer to Dany, perhaps? Either was Cersei has to go, the scheming bitch! :lol: I'm almost hoping Arya dies because her story arc has become pretty frickin useless. Unless she is going to become a Faceless Man and come and fuck shit up in Westeros, she has nothing else to contribute in my opinion...

More spoilers!!! The thing with Jamie is that I don't know how much more story arc he has either. Maybe he kills Cersei (because of the prophecy as you say) or maybe he sacrifices himself so Brienne can live for undead Cat? Arya's story has become so dull the last 2 books. I don't know if she can ever really be a faceless man because she can't give up her wolf side...Still, I want the bulk of the action to move to Westeros. Nothing happens anywhere else. (Although, there will be a big battle now that the iron fleet is approaching land).

Spoilers.com:

Brienne so nearly got fucked over at the end of a Feast for Crows, it pissed me off actually. I was mightily relieved to find out she'd survived. If all the Starks live it'll be pretty fucking ridiculous. Over the second part of ASOS of then AFFC I really began to like Sansa. She went from being an annoying little kid to being someone of prominence in the story. The fact Littlefinger has her as a political weapon means she will have an important part to play.

I really don't know how GRRM is going to end the series. You'd imagine Illyrio, Littlefinger and Varys will get what's coming to them. As for who will sit on the Iron Throne, I truly have no idea. I just know I'll be pissed if Strong Belwas dies :lol:

(SPOLIER ALERT) Yeah, I think you're right BUT I hate Dany. Just get off your fucking ass and go to Westoros. Two books of dawdling and pining after some purple-bearded weirdo. It's enough! I think Jamie Lannister will die too. In fact, I think this next book will kill off a few major characters. There are just too many people (and POVS) right now. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/58-the-winds-of-winter/ is the best speculation site for the next book.

I always find myself reading that forum. And they have tons of theories going on there, it's really crazy.

Spoilers.com:

Brienne so nearly got fucked over at the end of a Feast for Crows, it pissed me off actually. I was mightily relieved to find out she'd survived. If all the Starks live it'll be pretty fucking ridiculous. Over the second part of ASOS of then AFFC I really began to like Sansa. She went from being an annoying little kid to being someone of prominence in the story. The fact Littlefinger has her as a political weapon means she will have an important part to play.

I really don't know how GRRM is going to end the series. You'd imagine Illyrio, Littlefinger and Varys will get what's coming to them. As for who will sit on the Iron Throne, I truly have no idea. I just know I'll be pissed if Strong Belwas dies :lol:

Spoiler spoiler spoiler...Yeah, Sansa definitely has more to do. I don't think she'll make it all the way, but I think she will kill littlefinger or cause his death. Would be very fitting. I think maybe 2 or 3 Starks will make it all the way. Would be fitting. I do worry about the next book exploding from political theatre into pure fantasy. Wyman Manderlay definitely is going to die soon which is a shame. Anybody who can kill Freys like that is fine by me. (also, almost certainly, we will see a Frey bloodbath coming which will be sweet).

@Dionsa-I look at it a fair bit. It's filled with ridiculous theories, but until Martin finishes the next book (in 2019), what choice do we have? I'm actually a little worried because Martin is almost 65 and fat. He needs to hurry this thing up. I really think the last two books should have been one. He keeps introducing new characters which just make the book longer. He is going to start killing a bunch of them off if he ever wants to finish this thing.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Notre Dame de Paris (Our Lady of Paris)

Must fucked up thing i've ever read. How Walt Disney managed to create a family movie our of Victor Hugo's novel, gives a whole knew since to creativity.

I hope that Disney's version will inspire some kids to read Hugo's novel when they get older. My kids both read Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth after seeing the movie. They loved talking about the difference between the movie and the book! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Andre Sponville's "Little Book of Atheist Spirituality" which I found disappointing to say the least. Most of the arguments the author used seemed to be too subjective. He was basing his beliefs on what he wants rather than what seems most likely. It was also very self-contradictory. Some of the arguments Sponville used against God and traditional religion can be used against the "All" and mysticism he tries to advertise in this book.

Anyways, onto "Stephen Hawkings - His Life and Work" by Kitty Ferguson. This is one I've been itching to read.

• 4 weeks later...

Research Methods in the Social Sciences - School has taken over my life :cry: It's been about three years since I've read a book as recreation haven't even finished the last one I brought (Guardian of the Horizon- Elizabeth Peters. Love her Amelia Peabody series)

Just finished A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, was for school but LOVED it, became one of my favorite books.
Next up, i have the whole wheel of time package from R Jordan waiting for me (got it this new year) but phew will need to wait after my exams to begin that one, 12529 pages... :)

• 1 month later...