What are you reading?

Bir_CFC

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was planning on reading The Idiot by Dostoevsky as I mentioned earlier but after a couple of pages I realized I wasn't in the right... mood for it so have instead started 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Oh and I'm also reading Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis right now. About halfway through that.

Ah okay. How are you finding it? I got mine when it came out and love it.

Strange! I just finished 1Q84 recently and have started reading The Idiot by Dostoevsky. :ph34r:

Strange! I just finished 1Q84 recently and have started reading The Idiot by Dostoevsky. :ph34r:
Was planning on reading The Idiot by Dostoevsky as I mentioned earlier but after a couple of pages I realized I wasn't in the right... mood for it so have instead started 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Oh and I'm also reading Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis right now. About halfway through that.

Ah okay. How are you finding it? I got mine when it came out and love it.

The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky is one of the best book I have read in my life. It brought me into tears (and I find it extremely difficult to cry). Still can not forget the main character...the ending... I mean What a novel! I will read it again. :-) Fyodor Dostoevsky is incredible!

The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky is one of the best book I have read in my life. It brought me into tears (and I find it extremely difficult to cry). Still can not forget the main character...the ending... I mean What a novel! I will read it again. :-) Fyodor Dostoevsky is incredible!

All good news for me!

• 3 weeks later...

Book Collection

11joemh.jpg

I am currently not reading anything because I am fucking lazy during summer!

OMG, you've read Kingkiller Chronicle :wub:

Is "O Mundo de Sofia" any good? I have it here but haven't started.

P.S: Damn! You've read A Song of Ice and Fire in english. But I've read HP in english and you did not, fair enough.

I gave up on 1Q84 lol. Got about a third of the way through but some of it was really fucking boring especially all the repetitive stuff. The actual storyline is interesting but right now I really can't be arsed to read 600 more pages of that. Might try this again some time in the future.

Started The Ghost Brigades, the sequel to Old Man's War which I finished a few weeks ago. Decent military sci-fi.

OMG, you've read Kingkiller Chronicle :wub:

Is "O Mundo de Sofia" any good? I have it here but haven't started.

P.S: Damn! You've read A Song of Ice and Fire in english. But I've read HP in english and you did not, fair enough.

Patrick Rothfuss is one of the best Fantasy writers of all time! :)

Sofia is good, but it is a totally different type of book. More philosophical and grown up. Worth reading...

I started HP when they didnt even had the movies. All I knew in English was to say hello and count to ten! :lol:

It's been recommended to me by my mentors that I do more "outside reading" on areas that interest me professionally, so I recently picked up Regulating Wall Street: The Dodd-Frank Act and the New Architecture of Global Finance. Definitely nothing to write home about, and it's nothing I can talk about at a weekend party...but it's interesting in some strange way.

Frg2vjH.jpg

Patrick Rothfuss is one of the best Fantasy writers of all time! :)

Sofia is good, but it is a totally different type of book. More philosophical and grown up. Worth reading...

I started HP when they didnt even had the movies. All I knew in English was to say hello and count to ten! :lol:

Well, I began reading HP when there were only Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. I read both in portuguese but then I couldn't wait for translated versions anymore and bought the following books in english :D