What are you reading?

Bir_CFC

I finished Old Man's War by John Scalzi yesterday, and have started The Idiot by Dostoevsky.

I'm pretty sure I've asked this before, but do any of you have Goodreads accounts? It's a pretty cool website! It lets you track all the books you've read, rate them etc. Plus you can save books that you want to read in a "to-read" shelf so that you can refer to it anytime and won't forget about them.

I made one thanks to your recommendation. I'd actually never heard of it before, I', constantly updating it and using it so thanks again :)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right now I am only ready two books, RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide (Exams EX200 & EX300), 6th Edition (Certification Press) by Michael Jang & Ruud Gullit, My Autobiography.

Dammit...The Gullit Autobiography is coming to me via Royal Mail & it won't arrive until Feb <_< really?

i have goodreads but not sure I have an account. Love the bookshelf pictures, would take a picture of mine but it would be sad since 99.9% of our books are in storage in Memphis :( I am quite sure we'd almost have enough to fill a room and call it a library.

I have a really old set of books called "My Book House" that were my mum's and probably my grandma's because they were published in the late 1920's early 1930's that I remember reading as a child and will read when we get them out of storage. Each one has a different type of literature, some nursery rhymes from around the world, another fairy tales, another folk lore, etc… I loved them growing up and the fact I could read the originals was probably amazing because mid-70's and 80's in the US they were busy trying to make everything so homogeneous that they lost their original meanings and interesting parts.

know I read what I can get my hands on in English, what my kids are reading, and what ever can occupy my mind LOL

My name is memory is the current read of my daughter

The Hullabaloo in Guava Orchard is what my son has to read

I've never actually read a book outside of school, but I've just got a Kindle Fire and thought I'd give it a whirl. Just started reading Life of Pi, has anyone else read it? It seems very strange and somewhat boring at the minute...

I did, I liked it but not loved it.

Where are you at? (put spolier tag)

I've never actually read a book outside of school, but I've just got a Kindle Fire and thought I'd give it a whirl. Just started reading Life of Pi, has anyone else read it? It seems very strange and somewhat boring at the minute...

Just out of curiosity, did you get the original Kindle Fire or the new HD one?

I'm finishing "The Blade Itself" by Joe Abercrombie

It's a completed trilogy in the mold of George R.R. Martin's song of ice and fire (i've read them all) but far far less grimm.

Quite good so far, but I still have 2 more books to be disappointed.

Was planning on reading The Idiot by Dostoevsky as I mentioned earlier but after a couple of pages I realized I wasn't in the right... mood for it so have instead started 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Oh and I'm also reading Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis right now. About halfway through that.

HD, my missus got it free with her phone.

Ah okay. How are you finding it? I got mine when it came out and love it.

The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett. Pratchett's imagination is incredible. But it's comes in second to his wit.

I'm thinking of giving Crime and Punishment another go around. But I'm also considering Lolita again...

My uncle gave me The Game by Neil Strauss to read. It's so fucking hilariously bad. It's just a misogynistic and sexist diary about a man that sees women only as objects dressed up as "psychology". But that's not what bothers me the most, it promotes a shallow and wholey materialistic lifestyle that I find pathetic in it's existence. I'm ashamed that it sits next to James Joyce on my bookshelf.