What are you reading?

Bir_CFC
Followers 1

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shogun - James Clavell

Never read the book though it's sitting on my shelf, mocking me. I do have nostalgic feelings of the series with Richard Chamberlain. Learned my first words of japanese watching Shogun: Anjin san, Hai, Domo, Wakarimashta, Wakarimasen etc... And of course Toshiro Mifune as lord Toranaga before I knew him from the Kurosawa-films.

Is it your first read through?

Absolutely not, I'm the resident ASOIAF expert :lol: At least my third time reading this one, possibly more. Far better than A Feast for Crows but lame in comparison to A Storm of Swords.

Absolutely not, I'm the resident ASOIAF expert :lol: At least my third time reading this one, possibly more. Far better than A Feast for Crows but lame in comparison to A Storm of Swords.

i just trawl through my favourite chapters. namely nights watch ones. also you can listen to an audio version on youtube, if you are feeling lazy.

i just trawl through my favourite chapters. namely nights watch ones. also you can listen to an audio version on youtube, if you are feeling lazy.

The amount of times I've read the Red Wedding chapter before bed... I'm a sadist...

Who is your favourite pov? Mine is probably sam

Jaime Lannister, without a doubt, as he's by far the best character in the books and the TV series.

Conversely, in the books I hate Brienne's chapters, mostly, but in the show she's absolutely brilliant.

Must say that Jon Connington is one of my favourite characters, I look forward to reading more of his stuff.

Now I'd like to read an autobiography. I love them, I have read dozens. Could you guys recommend me something?

Have you read this?

51lNklgiwSL.jpg

It's 5 years old now though.

I haven't. Is it worth a try?

Yup. It's entertaining, funny and you get to understand a lot more about Ancelotti as a person. There's also plenty of food analogies/references. He loves to eat!