Dynamo

Ollie

A camera trick would be stupid especially for all those ppl that are there and know who he is. No true magician would use a shitty camera trick. There's no explanation for so many things he does so 'it must be a camera trick' is the easy answer.

Perhaps, but still, why film so badly one of the greatest tricks ever performed under public eye? In professional television, nothing is left to chance, everything is done in controlled environment from filming and plotting to editing. And the people following him when he is supposedly just going away, why are they following him and their reactions look unnatural.

Dynamo has definitely done some blatant fake ones, an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMpc40pNtvA&feature=related

But there are many tricks which look real and especially his card tricks are some of the best, if not the best I've seen.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of the ones that have an explanation like that Cinema one, but he seems to be able to read peoples minds and he probably made the guy say the film because it had to be that film. There are numerous ones where he actually reads the minds of people and puts stuff in their heads.

Obviously people will say camera trick or fake because there is no other explanation. And the one with the air horn, again a camera trick would just be a sell out. The people who are there wouldn't be too impressed.

And what about shit like these....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwTtWrVFCEY

But it does take some convincing that he may not use a stooge once or twice. But some of his things are crazy and hard to fathom.

I'm not a fan of the ones that have an explanation like that Cinema one, but he seems to be able to read peoples minds and he probably made the guy say the film because it had to be that film. There are numerous ones where he actually reads the minds of people and puts stuff in their heads.

If you really believe that, then we can't argue, because you will opt for paranormal explanations instead of realistic ones. The cinema one was blatant, their reactions were laughable and the one who named the movie looked at the cinema board just before it was supposed to magically rearrange itself as if he knew what was going to happen. There were no guarantees that that guy would even know that movie, I certainly don't and if he had asked me, I would have never thought of it. Thought placement is probably possible though, Derren Brown does that, but he also has some blatantly faked ones. Although Penn and Teller claim that all this psychic thought placement and mind reading bullshit is just that, bullshit.

• 5 months later...