Frank Lampard

DavidEU

All the media now say that Inter have made him the top target.

The chairman and Mourinho are to ''get him at any cost'' according to the Telegraph.

That may be the case, doesn't mean they will get him though. If through Jose's contact they were confident of capturing him they wouldn't be spouting off in the media with "please come to us" cries.

The only way i can see Lampard leaving is if the club cock up with contract negotiations. Which i can't see happening, everyone knows Franks worth to this club and Frank loves the club too...

If he (and his agent) dont want to sign -is there any point in keeping him for a year till he can go on a free ?

If he doesn't want to sign then no! There is no point keeping him here, we should cash in and not lose him on a free next year, our midfield is already incredibly strong and could cope without him and there are plenty of players we could pick up to cover.

BUT i would seriosuly doubt he doesn't want to sign, and he has said that he does want to sign. The only reason i can see him not signing is with us cocking up the negotiations. Of course we have no idea what he wants or what we are prepared to offer him.

I am very confident he will be here next season and finish playing football with us too.

I don't think we will have to pay that much. I am sure the club will come to an agreement with him, they would be crazy not to.

£150 000 a week has been chucked around in the media -guaranteed his agent will use that as a haggling starting point, and it'll end pretty close to that figure. That's if Kenyon/Scolari feel hes worth it -or whether the Scolari dynasty hails the start of a new Deco/Ronaldhino midfield era.

One things for sure -Inters transfer tactics with Jose are bordering on tapping up -and at the very least are apeing Real Madrids way of going about things...

£150 000 a week has been chucked around in the media -guaranteed his agent will use that as a haggling starting point, and it'll end pretty close to that figure. That's if Kenyon/Scolari feel hes worth it -or whether the Scolari dynasty hails the start of a new Deco/Ronaldhino midfield era.

One things for sure -Inters transfer tactics with Jose are bordering on tapping up -and at the very least are apeing Real Madrids way of going about things...

The noises comming out of the media are that Scolari definately wants Frank to stay. And why wouldn't he? It could be that there is to be a meeting between Scolari and Lampard before any contract is signed.... at the moment we don't know the situation which makes it difficult, is Frank on holiday?

I am confident Frank will sign though..

Italian champions Inter Milan have revealed that signing Chelsea's Frank Lampard is their priority this summer.

New Inter manager Jose Mourinho is keen to capture the England midfielder from his former club, with whom Lampard has yet to sign a new contract extension.

Inter president Massimo Moratti told Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport: "He's our number one objective. Mourinho likes Lampard a lot."

Moratti hinted Inter may have already started negotiations with the Blues.

He added: "Has there been contact with Chelsea? I think there has but I don't know yet." Lampard's current deal expires next summer and both the 29-year-old and the London club said last month that they were confident of striking a deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/7456926.stm

Edited by the wes

Massimo Moratti, the Inter Milan president, asserted that they have opened negotiations to sign Frank Lampard while it is also claimed that Deco, the Portugal midfield player, is moving to Stamford Bridge.

The Times

Well to me that is tapping up....

Massimo Moratti, the Inter Milan president, asserted that they have opened negotiations to sign Frank Lampard while it is also claimed that Deco, the Portugal midfield player, is moving to Stamford Bridge.

The Times

Well to me that is tapping up....

Indeed it is, the club has not given any permission. The club and Frank have always been confident a deal will be agreed - Always. So i doubt they will kick up a fuss about this and just get the deal done once everyone is ready.

Would hate to see him go -the team just dont play the same when hes not there.

One crucial factor, probably being omitted, is going to be whether he feels he needs to get away after his Mothers death.....

From what he said at the end of the season that is more likely to be something that keeps him here!!