Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Frank on his interview for their official website: "I feel very flatered and happy that I can play for a club at this level"

Oh no....I have to be offended by this statement because it's in bold but I'm not quite sure I know why. This is so frustrating.

Oh no....I have to be offended by this statement because it's in bold but I'm not quite sure I know why. This is so frustrating.

You don't have to be anything. I just can't understand why he would say that. Explain it, please. Which is Manchester City's level? Is it bigger than Chelsea's?

You don't have to be anything. I just can't understand why he would say that. Explain it, please. Which is Manchester City's level? Is it bigger than Chelsea's?

What is there to explain? He probably didn't think, after leaving Chelsea, he'd be able to play on a CL and PL competitive squad again. Even if it is only 6 months.

He could've just said that he's flatered and happy to have the chace to continue playing at this level. Which is clearly something else. But he said it like it's something new. Or at least that's how it sounds to me. Whatever, this is pointless. The damage is done, he will play there and that's it.

I just hope that John Terry retires as a Chelsea player.

John Terry on Frank Lampard:

“It just doesn’t seem right to see them [Lampard and Cole] in different shirts. Maybe over time that will ease but it doesn’t seem right.
“We have grown up together and won and lost together at Chelsea. We have done many great things and it was sad to see them go.”
“To me there is no doubt [he’s the best]. Before that there was Gianfranco Zola but Lampard has been an absolute legend here and his legacy will remain ever.
“It’s a legacy for the younger boys to come and try and fill those big boots and replicate what he’s done. That will be very tough for someone but he’s an absolute hero for the fans, with the players as well and how he pushed us individually and collectively.
“He has been an idol and someone I inspired to be like in training. Around the place he was a great character but footballing wise I have never come across someone who works as hard as he does to improve his game.”

You can see by the way that he speaks about City that the guy isn't taking this seriously. I know he's a pro, but my feeling is that Franks going to be Jose's inside man at Carrington. Just wait for the Etihad game :D

Or... he does the opposite and rat us all out so they could do the double against us this time!

He could've just said that he's flatered and happy to have the chace to continue playing at this level. Which is clearly something else. But he said it like it's something new. Or at least that's how it sounds to me. Whatever, this is pointless. The damage is done, he will play there and that's it.

I just hope that John Terry retires as a Chelsea player.

I think you're reading more into it than is there.

His image has been damaged, from my point of view. He broke his promise. I'm sorry I'm not as tough as you.

Not as tough as me, what is this a toe to toe using feather dusters?

Fuck all to do with toughness at all. 'His image has been damaged'......I will add that to the list of silly phrases that has been posted in this thread too.

Just had a look on City's website at his bio, they mainly focus on him being an 'England player'.. using the pic of him in an england shirt etc.

I'd imagine the marketing men at NYC are going to use this to describe him as 'Former Manchester City player, Frank Lampard'. It chips away at their brand to even use the word 'Chelsea'. Millions of american kids getting into soccer will know Lampard as 'The Former Man-City player'.

You mean the same kids who were looking for a Wifi connection on the day they were born? Come on now, Frank will always be Chelsea.

Frank Lampard is like Tiger woods in one way.

Both are greats, but will always be remembered by the people for having cheated on their love.

Lamps will always be a chelsea great, but signing for city, that too for 6 months is just plain wierd considering his history here.

however, the fact that he has signed for the same owners in america must have played a part.

Thar being said, i dont think he is judas or any such thing.

I get that this is the real world, but the moment when he celebrates scoring a goal for city this season, a big chunk of what he built over the last 10 years will be lost.

Still a legend. Just tainted .

You mean the same kids who were looking for a Wifi connection on the day they were born? Come on now, Frank will always be Chelsea.

Not necessarily NYC fans who will google it, but 'new' American football fans in general who will look at things on face value. 'Frank Lampard, former Manchester City player' that's his identity now to the NYC PR team. Not every kid gives enough of a shit to look up peoples life story, and the NYC marketing depart know that.

Frank Lampard is like Tiger woods in one way.

Both are greats, but will always be remembered by the people for having cheated on their love.

I don't agree with this at all. He hasn't cheated on us in the slightest.

Still a legend. Just tainted .

Nope.