Frank Lampard

DavidEU

our CM options for next summer : rambo, mikel, matic, mvg, romeu, josh, chalobah(?), ake(?)

and these are without counting essien (i hope he is transfered before this window ends).

would be very suprised if FL gets an extension.

too many legends will be let go off and have been let go off. :(

our CM options for next summer : rambo, mikel, matic, mvg, romeu, josh, chalobah(?), ake(?)

and these are without counting essien (i hope he is transfered before this window ends).

Oh he will don't worry, Jose never turn his back on favorite players, no matter how bad they have became.

Prepare to be very surprised .

Why would we get rid of Lampard? He knows he cant play every game but you cannot underestimate the value the likes of him, Terry, Cole and Cech have around the dressing room. They're winners, they have that mentality, they know what it takes to win the league. The younger players feed of that, you can't win the league with 21 young talents, I'm sorry you just can't.

Why would we get rid of Lampard? He knows he cant play every game but you cannot underestimate the value the likes of him, Terry, Cole and Cech have around the dressing room. They're winners, they have that mentality, they know what it takes to win the league. The younger players feed of that, you can't win the league with 21 young talents, I'm sorry you just can't.

Because he's on £125,000 weekly wage and he'll be 36 in June. It's the right time to move on and build something for the future.

Frank's wages are the issue, imo. It's not that he can't do a job for the team anymore when needed, it's that MVG, for example, can do the same or better job for less than half the wages. Frank is a legend, perhaps the biggest legend of the club, but the coming year is crucial for us in complying with the FPP and 6.5m/year is A LOT to save.

our CMs are not young.

rambo will be 27 next season, matic will be 26, and mikel will be 27. theoretically all 3 of them should be in their prime.

somehow i feel mvg would have had a good enough part to play this season if he had not been injured for 9 months and add to that atleast one of our youth products of romeu/josh/chalobah/ake and u have a decent center midfield.

i am in no way saying anything against lamps. he is a legend and his experience and AURA are irreplacable. but we will have to get over him sometime and i feel next season would be best. i would hate to lose lamps, JT, cole together. that would be a BIG BLOW to the mentality of the squad. hence phase them out one by one. add to that the fact that lamps will be taking atleast 100kpw, it just becomes too much.

Frank's wages are the issue, imo. It's not that he can't do a job for the team anymore when needed, it's that MVG, for example, can do the same or better job for less than half the wages. Frank is a legend, perhaps the biggest legend of the club, but the coming year is crucial for us in complying with the FPP and 6.5m/year is A LOT to save.

You're telling me that Marco, in 18 apps, could score 4 goals. 3 assists. Create 23 chances and in addition to that, still take on a leadership role on the pitch and in the dressing room? You're suggesting that we should release a player who (despite being 36) still puts in quality performances, is an ambassador to this club and who contributes to this club in ways that no youngster can match just to save (in the grand scheme of things) a bit of money? That's what I call penny wise, pound foolish. I'm sorry.

If cutting down the wage bill is something that is required in order to comply with FFP, then the pressing concern needs to be finding a way to get players like Essien and Torres off the wage bill - players whose contributions are not justifying their high fees. The wages of those players needs to be the priority (in terms of meeting ffp regulations) over players like Frank (or Terry) who, are not only still delivering on the pitch, but play important roles in the dressing room and to the overall identity of the club.

You're telling me that Marco, in 18 apps, could score 4 goals. 3 assists. Create 23 chances and in addition to that, still take on a leadership role on the pitch and in the dressing room?

That's not his duty, though. That's a bonus you get with Frank. You're telling me that Frank can press for 90 minutes? Can he play in a dynamic pivot and exchange places with his pivot partner? I meant that Marco can do equally well as Frank, I didn't mean that he can perform in the exact same manner. Each one brings something different to the team. I just think that we have enough goals and assists in the team, what we need in that spot in the team is a solid squad player who can slot in at any time and fit the team's system.

If course I'm saying all this about the pre-injury MVG. Jose could decide that Marco needs to be loaned out next season to back to that level like we did with Romeu.